Page 118 of 333 FirstFirst ... 116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,405 to 1,416 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Braxston Cave is an interesting one. Despite his team playing shit in the BCS, he actually had a good game and held Jesse Williams in check fro the most part. I would consider him in the fourth/fifth to compete with Gino.
    Rumor is he was the strongest player on the entire team.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Rumor is he was the strongest player on the entire team.
    Cave was the strongest player on the team. He is not the most athletic of linemen. Last year ended early due to foot injury. His level of play was higher before the foot injury than an at any point this season. He is an interesting late round prospect. He can also play guard.

Blog Entries

wow he is listed at 6'3 303 lbs, but it appears to be very good weight, and he looks bigger than that. Looks like a gym monkey to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I think He's Percy Harvin 2.0, hopefully without the injury issues.

I think he'd certainly provide a different look from the slot position, though I'm not sure he'd make it as an everydown, outside receiver.

I'm warming to the idea of a short extension(3 years) of Boldin to reduce his cap number and keep him around.
    He's probably not going to be a number 1 receiver but on a team with Torrey and Boldin he can essentially be Wes Welker on steroids; he's got all the quickness underneath that is impossible for LB's to cover and he also has the straight line speed that Welker doesn't have to get deep. I'd love to add him as a 3rd WR.

In terms of WR in the Senior Bowl practice today, the two guys who stand out are Quinton Patton and Tavares King. King in particular is tall and would fit the deep-ball offense. He is running very crisp routes for a tall guy and creating separation.

Quinton Patton is an all-around solid receiver. He fights the press, has good hands, and is solid all the way around. I would like either of these guys drafted, if Boldin is cut.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 01-22-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Lane Johnson is rising quickly as a LT prospect. Everyone is projecting him as a true LT because of his height and arm length. He's a guy who might shoot past us at 32 but if he drops he's a good bet to get picked by us.

He's improved every single game he played in college at OU.

Blog Entries

Remove my previous post about aboushi, he looks out of place at LT.

Lane Johnson however looks like a player.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Lane Johnson is rising quickly as a LT prospect. Everyone is projecting him as a true LT because of his height and arm length. He's a guy who might shoot past us at 32 but if he drops he's a good bet to get picked by us.

He's improved every single game he played in college at OU.
    Lane Johnson is going to be a top 20 pick...no doubt about it. Matthews and the kid from Michigan staying in school totally killed any chance of him or Fisher dropping to us (Along with us going to the Super Bowl and it's resulting low draft position )

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Remove my previous post about aboushi, he looks out of place at LT.

Lane Johnson however looks like a player.
    Aboushi struggling is bad news for us.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Lane Johnson is going to be a top 20 pick...no doubt about it. Matthews and the kid from Michigan staying in school totally killed any chance of him or Fisher dropping to us (Along with us going to the Super Bowl and it's resulting low draft position )

Aboushi struggling is bad news for us.
    I was hoping hed show some kind of base so he could be had later but still be a viable option with some coaching his feet are bad his bend isnt good and he doesnt seem strong. Mayock saying hes a G but i think hell need work even for that.

I liked lane johnson a lot, but im assuming hes going to be much higher than 32.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Ravens have met with the following at the Senior Bowl:
    Notre Dame C, Braxston Cave
    FWIW...He got worked over by Kawann Short this season, and according to WalterFootball also got worked in practice yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Cave was the strongest player on the team. He is not the most athletic of linemen. Last year ended early due to foot injury. His level of play was higher before the foot injury than an at any point this season. He is an interesting late round prospect. He can also play guard.
    Didn't like him vs. Purdue, but I'm okay with C/G guys. They are invaulable IMO...assuming the draft value fits.

Blog Entries

Sounds like Cave had a really bad Monday.