Page 38 of 333 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Tyler Bray is going to leave TN and enter the draft
    Talented, but inconsistent.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Yeah this draft sucks for skilled positions.

Nothing much at QB, Geno Smith looks like the only guy I'd take in the top 10.

Absolutely nothing at WR, other than some interesting developmental prospects.

Nothing at RB, may be the weakest class for RB's in quite some time, especially compared to the previous draft.

Luckily for us the draft is deep in our needs this offseason (OL, LB, S, DL).

Re the athletic freak model of D. Jordan (Oregon) and E. Ansah (BYU), both of whom will be gone by the Ravens pick, thoughts on Magus Hunt (SMU)?
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

I like Hunt. He is a big dude. Something like 6'8" 290lbs or so? That's a big boy.

However, the scouting reports I have read on him indicate that he is VERY raw and hasn't played football for tall that long. He is 25 years old, was born in Estonia, and was on his way to being a discuss/hammer thrower in the Olympics. In fact, the reason he went to Dallas, TX in the first place was to continue his training to be an Olympian. SMU dropped their track and field program and in 2009 Hunt tried out for the football team. He is very athletic, strong, and quick for his size.

My only concern with someone like Hunt is taking such a raw product too high. He could be an incredible player with improved technique and experience. With his height, he is going to need technique because linemen are going to just try and undercut him if he plays too high, which he does have a tendency to do (from what I've seen). He does use his hands pretty well. He can really drive a lineman back if he gets his hands on them.

Because our defensive roster is filled with the hobbled, the old, and walk-ons, I think we need a day 1 difference maker.

Red zone threat, edge rusher, stud tackle and pocket pushing DT = difference maker.

I know that's not Ozzie's MO, but it needs to be this year at least b/c the relative sad state of our roster is his own damn fault.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Yeah, I don't watch much SMU games, but from what I've seen, he has incredible raw talent, but is very very raw. It could take a year or two for him to contribute, I'm just not sure if we can afford to use a second round on a project player with the needs we have, had it been two years back, I would have said yes.

His upside is JJ Watt, but he could also be a colossal bust.

Blog Entries

The best case scenario is to sign Brandon Albert and hoping that Flacco signs a backloaded deal. We can then trade back from 25 into the second for a 4th and a 3rd, we could have tons of draft picks to improve this team. Trade up into the second so we can have three second round picks.

So we could be looking at (just an example)...

Jon Jenkins
    Kevin Minter
    DaRick Rogers

Note: Jerell Worthy, Bobby Wagner, and Alshon Jeffery were 2nd round picks, that could be similar value right there.

Use the 3rd round pick on a guy to compete with Gino (Travis Federick, or Mario Benevides).

The rest of the picks can be on the secondary and offensive depth.

Just one of many paths to consider in the draft.

That's damn right leach. That's what I was laying down yesterday. I don't want to trade down (unless there's a huge value drop off or no one slides), but if we do trade down then I like the "three 2nds" move.

And even if we miss out on Albert, and Fisher is gone, we should work the "three 2nds" angle--provided we have an excellent feel for our big board relative to the other 31 teams--and can grab UVa's OT with the highest 2nd. (IIRC our board "broke down" in the 3rd round last year) From their you have a slate of defenders to strengthen the roster with 2nd #2 and 2nd #3.

Here's hoping Grubbs makes the pro bowl.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Oday Aboushi would definitely be an optimal pick.

I also like Dallas Thomas out of Tennessee. He is a swing guard/tackle. And, honestly, I still like Barrett Jones. He played really well at LT for the Crimson Tide and it isn't like he was facing off against scrub DE's and pass rushers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Oday Aboushi would definitely be an optimal pick.

I also like Dallas Thomas out of Tennessee. He is a swing guard/tackle. And, honestly, I still like Barrett Jones. He played really well at LT for the Crimson Tide and it isn't like he was facing off against scrub DE's and pass rushers.
    I like Barrett Jones too.

LOL he's probably better at LT than Oher hahaha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The best case scenario is to sign Brandon Albert and hoping that Flacco signs a backloaded deal. We can then trade back from 25 into the second for a 4th and a 3rd, we could have tons of draft picks to improve this team. Trade up into the second so we can have three second round picks.

So we could be looking at (just an example)...

Jon Jenkins
    Kevin Minter
    DaRick Rogers

Note: Jerell Worthy, Bobby Wagner, and Alshon Jeffery were 2nd round picks, that could be similar value right there.

Use the 3rd round pick on a guy to compete with Gino (Travis Federick, or Mario Benevides).

The rest of the picks can be on the secondary and offensive depth.

Just one of many paths to consider in the draft.
    I like what I've heard about Rogers, sounds better than Jeffrey in that he might be able to get separation at the NFL level!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    That's damn right leach. That's what I was laying down yesterday. I don't want to trade down (unless there's a huge value drop off or no one slides), but if we do trade down then I like the "three 2nds" move.

And even if we miss out on Albert, and Fisher is gone, we should work the "three 2nds" angle--provided we have an excellent feel for our big board relative to the other 31 teams--and can grab UVa's OT with the highest 2nd. (IIRC our board "broke down" in the 3rd round last year) From their you have a slate of defenders to strengthen the roster with 2nd #2 and 2nd #3.

Here's hoping Grubbs makes the pro bowl.
    Yeah I seen the post, you were the one who gave me that idea.

Yeah maybe Oday Aboushi, Alec Ogletree, and DeAndre Hopkins in the second, great value picks right there.