Page 276 of 333 FirstFirst ... 274275276277278 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,312 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Ozzie said the "middle of the defense" is an area for upgrade...we all are assuming S is included in that, especially with Reed being a free agent. But Ozzie could have merely been talking about NT and LB, and not so much S. Hard to say with just the comment he made at the conference.
    Ozzie specifically stated DT, ILB, and Safety, even going so far as to say that some of the young guys haven't stepped up. I think it's safe to assume that we will be taking a Safety at some point in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Ozzie specifically stated DT, ILB, and Safety, even going so far as to say that some of the young guys haven't stepped up. I think it's safe to assume that we will be taking a Safety at some point in the draft.
    Some guys is Cody, for one.......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Unless he lands with a bum team and doesn't want to work, Gavin Escobar should turn into a terror with that radius.
    He is one of my favorite players in the whole class--been beating the drum for him hard ever since he declared. You can't help but be impressed by his tape, the guy has Gronkowski-esque athleticism and upside. He is probably a better athlete overall than Eifert or Ertz, but less polished and pro-ready.

He's going to need to work on the blocking, but the physical ability is there, he just has to learn technique; Heap was the same way coming out of Arizona State and turned into one of the most complete all-around TEs in the league after a few years really learning the technique of in-line blocking.

I suspect after he finishes blowing up the Combine that he'll be firmly in the 2nd round and only behind the 2 top guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Unless he lands with a bum team and doesn't want to work, Gavin Escobar should turn into a terror with that radius.
    Yup, saw a few games of his and they used him all over the field and he made plays despite being bracketed constantly.

Quessenberry clocks in at 6'5, 302, 34 3/8" arms. Not ideal LT measurements, but definitely adequate. He's still firmly on my radar as a mid-round developmental LT option.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    You are right. I forgot he explicitly mentioned safety.

7. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Potential CB prospect for the Ravens in this year's draft

Sanders Commings - CB - Georgia

Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

DJ Fluker measured at 6'5, and 339 lbs, with 36 and 3/4 inch arms. That guy is massive, I wouldn't rule him out as a potential first round/early 2nd round pick for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    DJ Fluker measured at 6'5, and 339 lbs, with 36 and 3/4 inch arms. That guy is massive, I wouldn't rule him out as a potential first round/early 2nd round pick for the Ravens.
    Fluker is a monster and would be a good value at #32, but I'd be pretty underwhelmed with the Ravens spending a 4th top-100 pick in 4 years on a RT prospect (Michael Oher, Jah Reid, Kelechi Osemele). If he's the BPA though it is what it is, and we have a need at OL. I'm just not sure what that would look like since Fluker is not a possible LT.

If we were to pick Fluker would you be comfortable with a 2013 OL of Oher-Osemele-Gradkowski-Yanda-Fluker? That's definitely some major run-blocking beef, the only weak spot is LT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Fluker is a monster and would be a good value at #32, but I'd be pretty underwhelmed with the Ravens spending a 4th top-100 pick in 4 years on a RT prospect (Michael Oher, Jah Reid, Kelechi Osemele). If he's the BPA though it is what it is, and we have a need at OL. I'm just not sure what that would look like since Fluker is not a possible LT.

If we were to pick Fluker would you be comfortable with a 2013 OL of Oher-Osemele-Gradkowski-Yanda-Fluker? That's definitely some major run-blocking beef, the only weak spot is LT.
    Not saying I'd be pretty excited about it either, but as you say, Ozzie is always going to go for the BPA unless its a QB or a RB (and even RB is a stretch).

Blog Entries

And he loves his Bama guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    And he loves his Bama guys.
    there are more then a few Bama guys for him to look at... Jesse Williams and Michael Williams are the two I hope he looks very closely at.