Page 303 of 333 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast
Results 3,625 to 3,636 of 3987
  1. #3625

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)



    Buffalo wouldn't make sense, because Smith would be a little more than a lateral move for them. They'd be better off drafting their guy, probably next year. Arizona wouldn't make sense, because they are apparently getting pressure from ownership to draft a guy and Smith wouldn't fit Arians system. If Jacksonville says they are out, there is nobody else left.

    The only shocker would be the Jets. Which wouldn't be a shocker, now that I think about it.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #3626
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,149
    Blog Entries
    4
    @RapSheet: This week, #Ravens and QB Joe Flacco's agent Joe Linta have negotiated for 8 hours. What do I hear? "Plugging away" ... So far, so good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  3. #3627

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    I got the sense that Bisciotti adamantly wanted this done quickly. When he spoke of using the tag and later deadlines, the way in which he said it gave me the impression that he had just caught himself getting too one sided about the situation, sort of the way Linta is playing it now.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #3628
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    3rd round pick LOL are you joking?
    Not necessarily from Kansas City's perspective. If they don't make that trade, they are using either their 1st or 2nd rounder for a QB. At least this way, they are using their 3rd, and Alex Smith is far more NFL-ready than anyone they would be getting in the 3rd round. Additionally, they are projected to get a 3rd round compensatory pick, so that's going to be another pick in the top 100. If they hit on those picks (#1, #34, #96/97comp, #99/100) that would be a successful draft. Those picks could net them Luke Joeckel, Jonathan Banks, Kiko Alonso and Stedman Bailey. Add Alex Smith and I think Andy Reid would be sitting fat and happy.

    This gives them at least another draft or two to find their long-term franchise guy. They can use the 1st and 2nd rounders to get two impact players. Kansas City has a lot of offensive talent, and Alex Smith will be an upgrade from Cassel, giving them an outside shot at a playoff spot.




  5. #3629

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Not necessarily from Kansas City's perspective. If they don't make that trade, they are using either their 1st or 2nd rounder for a QB. At least this way, they are using their 3rd, and Alex Smith is far more NFL-ready than anyone they would be getting in the 3rd round. Additionally, they are projected to get a 3rd round compensatory pick, so that's going to be another pick in the top 100. If they hit on those picks (#1, #34, #96/97comp, #99/100) that would be a successful draft. Those picks could net them Luke Joeckel, Jonathan Banks, Kiko Alonso and Stedman Bailey. Add Alex Smith and I think Andy Reid would be sitting fat and happy.

    This gives them at least another draft or two to find their long-term franchise guy. They can use the 1st and 2nd rounders to get two impact players. Kansas City has a lot of offensive talent, and Alex Smith will be an upgrade from Cassel, giving them an outside shot at a playoff spot.
    ProFootballCentral (on twitter) says it is for a 3rd AND a later pick, and an announcement should come tomorrow.

    Not sure if the guy running ProFootballCentral has ever leaked info or been accurate before. But Walter from Walter Football retweeted their stuff earlier.




  6. #3630

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    ProFootballCentral (on twitter) says it is for a 3rd AND a later pick, and an announcement should come tomorrow.

    Not sure if the guy running ProFootballCentral has ever leaked info or been accurate before. But Walter from Walter Football retweeted their stuff earlier.
    Wow.

    This is an incredibly QB starved league.

    Well, Andy Reid was bound to get raped on a QB trade after he's unloaded all his QB garbage on others.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  7. #3631

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    saw this on a chiefs forum:





  8. #3632
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,127
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Wow.

    This is an incredibly QB starved league.

    Well, Andy Reid was bound to get raped on a QB trade after he's unloaded all his QB garbage on others.
    The other thing too is Andy Reid is very good at getting production from avg QB's.

    Kolb, AJ Feely, Vick...

    I think it is a good situation for both Alex Smith and Andy Reid.


    Don't be surprised if Andy Reid uses a mid round pick on someone like Zac Dysert, Marqueis Gray, or Colby Cameron.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #3633
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Assuming we sign Flacco and fill defensive needs in FA, why not complete the offense around Flacco? Why not double up on two promising offensive players with the first two picks and get Tavon Austin (would instantly be an impact player, and would complete an already solid WR corps), and get your future franchise LT like a Menelik Watson with the 2nd round pick (may need to trade up a bit to secure him). Then use the other picks on mid round defensive prospects like Kevin Reddick.




  10. #3634

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Assuming we sign Flacco and fill defensive needs in FA, why not complete the offense around Flacco? Why not double up on two promising offensive players with the first two picks and get Tavon Austin (would instantly be an impact player, and would complete an already solid WR corps), and get your future franchise LT like a Menelik Watson with the 2nd round pick (may need to trade up a bit to secure him). Then use the other picks on mid round defensive prospects like Kevin Reddick.
    I just don't think we'll have the loot. We'll see how the FA landscape shakes out (cuts, market rates, etc.)...




  11. #3635
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,149
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Assuming we sign Flacco and fill defensive needs in FA, why not complete the offense around Flacco? Why not double up on two promising offensive players with the first two picks and get Tavon Austin (would instantly be an impact player, and would complete an already solid WR corps), and get your future franchise LT like a Menelik Watson with the 2nd round pick (may need to trade up a bit to secure him). Then use the other picks on mid round defensive prospects like Kevin Reddick.
    I've been on the Tavon Austin bandwagon. I'd love to get him. I just think he'll be gone by 32.




  12. #3636

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Assuming we sign Flacco and fill defensive needs in FA, why not complete the offense around Flacco? Why not double up on two promising offensive players with the first two picks and get Tavon Austin (would instantly be an impact player, and would complete an already solid WR corps), and get your future franchise LT like a Menelik Watson with the 2nd round pick (may need to trade up a bit to secure him). Then use the other picks on mid round defensive prospects like Kevin Reddick.
    I believe this would be a viable strategy. It's going to depend on who the BPA is of course and which position groups are stronger than others throughout the draft.

    The OT group is very shallow this year. After the top 3 guys, there's a pretty big dropoff to Terron Armstead, Menelik Watson, etc. but those guys are still going to go fairly early due to positional value. I don't see Ozzie reaching for one of them, so that could reduce our likelihood of getting one of those sort of uber-talented raw/project guys.

    I still think we'll acquire a technically sound guy without elite athleticism or measurables in the mid rounds to potentially be our LT of the future like a Quessenberry, Bakhtiari, etc. WR is another story... guys like DeAndre Hopkins and Tavon Austin would be legit BPA candidates at #32. I could easily see WR being the pick, although the dream scenario is probably still a FS or ILB dropping to #32.

    Pass rusher I feel can be filled in the middle rounds. Brandon Jenkins is a guy I would target. Same for NT... Brandon Williams is the guy I would target although I wouldn't be upset with Jesse Williams, Kwame Geathers, or Montori Hughes. All of those are 2nd-4th type of guys and I feel all of them would be at least viable rotational guys to take snaps away from Cody in 2013 and start in 2014.

    Again, those are just a few examples of how the depth and shallow positions in the draft shake out.




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland