Page 91 of 266 FirstFirst ... 417181878889909192939495101111141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Oday Aboushi was listed as 6'6, measurements show 6052.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    That is a bit surprising. Looks about 6010-6014 on film.

Big Nick Kasa is rocking the smallish hands too (9 in).

Michael Williams is a mountain. Any chance he has an abnormal vertical with 269 lbs on him?
    I think Quinton Patton's arm length and build make him look taller than he actually is. The lack of height is a bit of a disappointment but he isn't a "size guy" anyway. I like him as a prospect but I'm not sure if he fits our offense. He's a GREAT fit for a Bruce Arians-style offense, though. He could play the Reggie Wayne/Hines Ward "slot" role really well.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't see the big deal about Justin Pugh, he's just way too small to play LT in this league.
    He has good tape, but those measurements are really rough... worse than Michael Oher's (although Oher's problems are really mental rather than physical.) He might have to move to guard in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Quinton Patton at barely 6'0 flat despite being listed at 6'2 kind of surprised me. You like to see him come in over 200lb though and 32+ inch arms are very good for a WR. Nice catch radius potential.

Terrance Williams not even 6'2 with some pretty short arms... Ryan Swope has midget hands (8 1/8, absolutely tiny).

Ryan Otten at only 235 surprised me a bit. He looks more solid than that on tape. He'll need to gain 10 pounds minimum to be an in-line TE option.

Justin Pugh's measurements... surprisingly bad. Most of the other OTs measured in well. DJ Fluker is a freak. No real surprises at the other positions that I saw.
    Patton being 2" shorter than listed was a bit of a surprise. That'll hurt him.

Regarding Swope's hand size...yes, it is a concern, but Torrey doesn't have big hands either.

One big surprise to me was Brian Winters measuring in nearly 3" shorter than his listed 6'6". That is going to REALLY hurt him because it pretty much moves him from a LT possibility to a certain guard position.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Don't see the big deal about Justin Pugh, he's just way too small to play LT in this league.
    His size and short arms are definite concerns...shorter arms than Oher.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Quinton Patton at barely 6'0 flat despite being listed at 6'2 kind of surprised me. You like to see him come in over 200lb though and 32+ inch arms are very good for a WR. Nice catch radius potential.

Terrance Williams not even 6'2 with some pretty short arms... Ryan Swope has midget hands (8 1/8, absolutely tiny).

Ryan Otten at only 235 surprised me a bit. He looks more solid than that on tape. He'll need to gain 10 pounds minimum to be an in-line TE option.

Justin Pugh's measurements... surprisingly bad. Most of the other OTs measured in well. DJ Fluker is a freak. No real surprises at the other positions that I saw.
    Patton being 2" shorter than listed was a bit of a surprise. That'll hurt him.

Regarding Swope's hand size...yes, it is a concern, but Torrey doesn't have big hands either.

One big surprise to me was Brian Winters measuring in nearly 3" shorter than his listed 6'6". That is going to REALLY hurt him because it pretty much moves him from a LT possibility to a certain guard position.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

Blog Entries

Jon Jenkins was listed at 6'3" 351lbs...measured in nearly an inch taller and 359lbs. That's a big boy.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

I know we already knew this but Margus Hunt is freaking huge

6'8" 277 with a 82 inch wingspan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I know we already knew this but Margus Hunt is freaking huge

6'8" 277 with a 82 inch wingspan.
    And he is a cut 277lbs as well. No fat on that guy.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

He played in a high tempo pro style offense in the K-Gun, good feet, smooth and coordinated in space. They short arms are reason for concern but there is no doubt he has LT tools, has to bulk up but many of these guys do.

Margus Hunt just put himself in the first round off measurements alone lol, after the year Watt had someone wont be able to resist trying to get their own version.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Margus Hunt just put himself in the first round off measurements alone lol, after the year Watt had someone wont be able to resist trying to get their own version.
    I definitely think he'll be a 1st rounder. That size...supposedly the dude can run the 40 in under 4.6. Plus, he is strong as hell.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if after the combine he ends up being a top 25 pick.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I definitely think he'll be a 1st rounder. That size...supposedly the dude can run the 40 in under 4.6. Plus, he is strong as hell.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if after the combine he ends up being a top 25 pick.
    On top of that he's already a good football player and he dominated the last game people saw him in. I think your right. Before the bowl game i didnt think i'd want the Ravens to take him in the first but after seeing him i'd def. take him but at #32 :-) doesnt look like we'll get the shot to anyway.

Blog Entries

I'm really pulling for either Ansah or Hunt to drop to us, they could really add a new dimension to this defense if they live up to their raw potential.

Blog Entries

Jon Jenkins was listed at 6'3" 351lbs...measured in nearly an inch taller and 359lbs. That's a big boy.
    Another pick I wouldn't mind at all in the first round, he compares very favorably with Wilfolk and Hampton with that kind of size. 6'3 is also the perfect height for a 3-4 nose.

Blog Entries

I'm really pulling for either Ansah or Hunt to drop to us, they could really add a new dimension to this defense if they live up to their raw potential.
    Either would be pretty solid, but Hunt would be phenomenal.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger