Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Harbs presser after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Yea, but how long would someone named "Captain Steeler" be allowed to post with a sig picture of our coach with the words "I suck" in it? At some point it stops being valid criticisms and starts being trolling.

As far as I'm concerned it's never NOT been trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Since Harbs became Ravens coach they've won the same number of Super Bowls. ZERO. Belicheat hasn't won the SB since 2004.

Why is he the gold standard? He does what Harbs does. Gets his team into the playoffs every year, then goes from there. Gets home field every year because he doesn't have a Pittsburgh in his division. Doesn't even have a Florida State. His division is shit, so they get home field in the playoffs.

Harbs and Belicheat are basically the same. He has a better offense. He has a better QB. Makes him look good. Nobody was comparing anybody to Belicheat when he coached Cleveland.

Perspective, people. If that's possible. Which I already know it isn't, but I try...
    Word. Not to mention, Harbs has won more games and made more AFC Championship games. But clearly that's because of something other than John. The losses are his fault though.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Yea, but how long would someone named "Captain Steeler" be allowed to post with a sig picture of our coach with the words "I suck" in it? At some point it stops being valid criticisms and starts being trolling.
    Because his name is Captain SILVER, not Captain Steeler?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Which he did when it came at him the second time. He hit Boldin for a good gain.

That however (and I'm not quoting you) was not the ballgame. The Ravens had an 8 point lead with 1:00 left in the game. The defense giving up a touchdown and a 2 point conversion to a backup QB was the ballgame.

Along with the punt team coughing up a big return in OT.

Comparing Harbaugh to Belichick is just stupid. Harbaugh is Tony Robbins mid-week and a timeout/challenge manager on game day. Belichick actually is heavily involved in X's and 0's (and personnel). They aren't even doing the same jobs, even if their title is the same.

And the Pats have won more games since 2008, eventhough this is a dumb metric to use because there is no control for team talent.

The level of consistency our team has had over the last 5 years indicates Harbs is a pretty damn good Tony Robbins. And gameday timeout and challenge goofs are a common occurrence in the NFL, even if there are a few good intellectual coaches who do seem to have a better handle on the time management situation.

As for "playing it safe" vs. being aggressive, up until now it has never really cost us games. It has made many games closer than they might have been otherwise, but we almost always pulled it out anyway. The conservative style could be defended considering our defense and the results. But I think as our defense becomes more average, the conservative strategy will in fact start costing us games (already has, imo). At that point we'll see if Harbaugh has what it takes to change things up.

In any event, Harbaugh isn't going to be nor should he be fired, lol. Not gonna happen any time soon. It will take what it takes most coaches to be fired, multiple disappointing seasons in a row or one epicly horrible season.

6. Re: Harbs presser after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    It looked to me that Koch out-kicked his coverage...

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    In any event, Harbaugh isn't going to be nor should he be fired, lol. Not gonna happen any time soon. It will take what it takes most coaches to be fired, multiple disappointing seasons in a row or one epicly horrible season.

Or losing to an otherwise 0-15 Dolphins team. Brand new contract extention or not!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Or losing to an otherwise 0-15 Dolphins team. Brand new contract extention or not!
    Last time I checked, THAT coach had a SB ring. Just saying......

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Comparing Harbaugh to Belichick is just stupid. Harbaugh is Tony Robbins mid-week and a timeout/challenge manager on game day. Belichick actually is heavily involved in X's and 0's (and personnel). They aren't even doing the same jobs, even if their title is the same.

And the Pats have won more games since 2008, eventhough this is a dumb metric to use because there is no control for team talent.

The level of consistency our team has had over the last 5 years indicates Harbs is a pretty damn good Tony Robbins. And gameday timeout and challenge goofs are a common occurrence in the NFL, even if there are a few good intellectual coaches who do seem to have a better handle on the time management situation.

As for "playing it safe" vs. being aggressive, up until now it has never really cost us games. It has made many games closer than they might have been otherwise, but we almost always pulled it out anyway. The conservative style could be defended considering our defense and the results. But I think as our defense becomes more average, the conservative strategy will in fact start costing us games (already has, imo). At that point we'll see if Harbaugh has what it takes to change things up.

+1 Another quality post from Haloti92. I love Harbaugh as "Tony Robbins mid-week and a timeout/challenge manager on game day." That is exactly the way to describe his job! And I do think he's fairly successful at it.

The thing is, Harbaugh is a head coach who NEEDS the support of a strong X's and O's supporting cast. He has to have good coordinators and assistants around him to actually run the film sessions and put together the game plans. He also, as you said, needs a team conducive to playing extremely conservatively, i.e. a strong defense with a good running game and special teams. He's lacking a lot of those things this year and it's showing with the team's performance on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Isn't it amazing that no one has brought that up at any point today?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Isn't it amazing that no one has brought that up at any point today?

That was horrible too, but by that point did anyone expect any less? I mean the rookie QB's rookie backup just swung an 8 point final second comeback. Untouched!

[QUOTE=Knox Harrington;532659]This is a very accurate statement.

The Ravens have a slightly above average QB, a below average offensive coordinator & one pro bowl running back. Their skill players are at best average and their OL has one (now injured) very good player. They are the 4th or 5th best team in the AFC and could just as easily be 6-7 or 5-8 right now.

Ozzie and DeCosta have whiffed and not put together a roster that is capable of overcoming injuries & making an impact. Defensively they've missed on a bunch picks and their philosophy of taking guys off the street to play LB has backfired. Josh Bynes is the best we can do? Really Ozzie?

I'd say that the franchise is coming to a pretty significant fork in the road. With the roster that they have, for the first time in a very long time I'm not terribly optimistic. I see a lot of holes.[/
    QUOTE]

IMHO, Ozzie's OVERALL record is superb. But, there's no way I can disagree with the passage I bolded above. Has he been in the job so long he's gone stale. Has success sort of gone to his head, so he believes he can build with UDFAs? Injuries? Sure. But all teams suffer injuries.