Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Harbs presser after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    This team was winning with smoke and mirrors. Truth is they just are not very good. Too many injuries and no depth. The 'next man up' just isn't very good. That isn't harbaugh's fault.

I'm not ready to start calling him fraudbaugh...yet.
    This is a very accurate statement.

The Ravens have a slightly above average QB, a below average offensive coordinator & one pro bowl running back. Their skill players are at best average and their OL has one (now injured) very good player. They are the 4th or 5th best team in the AFC and could just as easily be 6-7 or 5-8 right now.

Ozzie and DeCosta have whiffed and not put together a roster that is capable of overcoming injuries & making an impact. Defensively they've missed on a bunch picks and their philosophy of taking guys off the street to play LB has backfired. Josh Bynes is the best we can do? Really Ozzie?

I'd say that the franchise is coming to a pretty significant fork in the road. With the roster that they have, for the first time in a very long time I'm not terribly optimistic. I see a lot of holes.

Re: Harbs presser after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Exactly. I put that one squarely on Joe's shoulders. He has to see that and call time out, or audible to a different formation. Anyone remember the the Polomalu sack in Baltimore that cost us the game?
    Go back and look at that play again. T. Smith was lined up in the left slot. He did a mini post to the goal line and was wide open. It looked like Joe was looking right at him but just held the ball too long. He should have thrown the ball as soon as Torrey came out of his break or just as he got his head turned around. He didn't, held it one beat too long and got nailed as he was throwing it. Think Manning, Brees, Brady, et. al. would have held it too long? I think Flacco's always been a beat behind and seemingly can't overcome it. Cost us the game.

3. Re: Harbs presser after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Play not to lose mentality = Harbaugh

Killer instinct = Belicheat
    BINGO!!! :word

4. Re: Harbs presser after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    That's what's lacking with the Ravens offense - pulling back into a shell playing not to lose.
    This is exactly how I have felt all year! Play not to lose mentality will make you play tentative and you will lose! I am so sick of this crappy way of thinking the Ravens convey every game except the first game against the Bengals. :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post

Ozzie and DeCosta have whiffed and not put together a roster that is capable of overcoming injuries & making an impact. Defensively they've missed on a bunch picks and their philosophy of taking guys off the street to play LB has backfired. Josh Bynes is the best we can do? Really Ozzie?

I'd say that the franchise is coming to a pretty significant fork in the road. With the roster that they have, for the first time in a very long time I'm not terribly optimistic. I see a lot of holes.
    We have multiple Pro-Bowlers out or playing through injury. And we still have nine wins.

I think they've done ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Steelers are mediocre this year. Just like the Ravens. Our whole division seems pretty pathetic.
    It's actually the winningest division in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    It's actually the winningest division in the league
    Not after the Detroit/Green Bay game. And how many other divisions is it tied with?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This drives me fucking crazy! Especially at the end of the game; come on! Why not at least TRY to throw a couple deep, maybe you get a play maybe a penalty but at least fucking try!
    No kidding. This is Cam Cameron the king of sending everybody deep and he can't find a play that sends everyone down field and gives you a chance to maybe draw a PI. OR better yet score.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    That's why Flacco should learn how to sight adjust.
    Which he did when it came at him the second time. He hit Boldin for a good gain.

That however (and I'm not quoting you) was not the ballgame. The Ravens had an 8 point lead with 1:00 left in the game. The defense giving up a touchdown and a 2 point conversion to a backup QB was the ballgame.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Flacco was asked about the play and said it was 100% his fault.

Yet people here somehow wanna blame Oher for not blocking 3 guys or for Cam calling the wrong play.

PP
    He says that about every mistake though. Jones runs a bad route against Dallas and gets picked off, and Joe takes responsibility for it.

That's what he does.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Profanity is allowed here as long as its not in the thread title.

People tend to vent after a loss. It's the nature of the beast of message boards.
    Yea, but how long would someone named "Captain Steeler" be allowed to post with a sig picture of our coach with the words "I suck" in it? At some point it stops being valid criticisms and starts being trolling.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Play not to lose mentality = Harbaugh

Killer instinct = Belicheat
    Since Harbs became Ravens coach they've won the same number of Super Bowls. ZERO. Belicheat hasn't won the SB since 2004.

Why is he the gold standard? He does what Harbs does. Gets his team into the playoffs every year, then goes from there. Gets home field every year because he doesn't have a Pittsburgh in his division. Doesn't even have a Florida State. His division is shit, so they get home field in the playoffs.

Harbs and Belicheat are basically the same. He has a better offense. He has a better QB. Makes him look good. Nobody was comparing anybody to Belicheat when he coached Cleveland.

Perspective, people. If that's possible. Which I already know it isn't, but I try...