Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Two strakght losses by defense

This a thread? Seriously? When we are trotting out a JV squad on a weekly basis. Unbelieveable.

Pees in his pants certainly has to go. It must be noted, too, that the offense committed two turnovers, one leading to Redskin points and the other taking sure points away from us. They also went the last 38 1/2 minutes and got a whopping 7 points. Too many games the offense has disappeared. The defense doesn't escape blame but it is also decimated by injuries. Bottomline, Pees and Cameron both have to go.
    Last edited by veritas; 12-09-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This a thread? Seriously? When we are trotting out a JV squad on a weekly basis. Unbelieveable.
    Charlie Batch and Kirk Cousins.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

There is only so much Pees can do with our ILBs. Watch London Fletcher cover Pitta on our seam route. Then watch Jameel or BA or Bynes flailing to cover the middle for more than 5 yards. At some point you cannot give every player on the field "help" in covering their area/man.

That said, Pees has issues for sure, especially in terms of blitzing/stunting and being creative to get pressure (vs. vanilla, weak, rushes).

Blog Entries
    Look at all of the injuries. We had Chris Johnson at CB on that last drive. It is what it is

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    There is only so much Pees can do with our ILBs. Watch London Fletcher cover Pitta on our seam route. Then watch Jameel or BA or Bynes flailing to cover the middle for more than 5 yards. At some point you cannot give every player on the field "help" in covering their area/man.

That said, Pees has issues for sure, especially in terms of blitzing/stunting and being creative to get pressure (vs. vanilla, weak, rushes).
    A coach's job is more than just showing up and calling the plays on game day. When your LBs fail to get depth in their zones for 13 straight games, you have to question why they are not being coached to do so. Clearly these guys have the physical ability to do so if London Fletcher can!

I do fault the assistant coaches as much or more than Pees for this team's failure to address any of its defensive issues throughout the season.

7. Re: Two straight losses by defense

Offense is much healthier than the defense. (though Yanda's injury is a concern)

The offense should be carrying the defense, instead of expecting such a worn down defense to continue to do it.

Re: Two straight losses by defense

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Look at all of the injuries. We had Chris Johnson at CB on that last drive. It is what it is

Yup. This D had issues when it was healthy. It is painful to watch now.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Re: Two straight losses by defense

With the injuries that the defense has faced and the lack of quality back ups, you want to pin all the blame on them? I think they did a hell of a job considering the situation. Take away flaccos fumble and Int, We win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    A coach's job is more than just showing up and calling the plays on game day. When your LBs fail to get depth in their zones for 13 straight games, you have to question why they are not being coached to do so. Clearly these guys have the physical ability to do so if London Fletcher can!

I do fault the assistant coaches as much or more than Pees for this team's failure to address any of its defensive issues throughout the season.
    I agree.... McClain has no clue with the concept of depth.

F--- it. I'd run a 4-2-5 as a base next week b/c our LBs can't cover. Put in Ihedigbo. If they gash us with the run, screw it. I'd rather take my chances with the run over Manning/s dicing us up.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

I absolutely question why they are not successfully being coached to get depth. But that isn't the same thing as not being coached to get depth. They may be too dumb to fully learn without more reps (too many reps). They still cannot read the play fast enough to realize when they are responsible for covering (vs. playing the run).

I also am not sure, ever, whether Ed is where he is supposed to be according to the plan. I am quite sure Ed has, or at minimum considers himself to have, a green light in terms of freelancing. So on some of the plays, he may be too deep, I have no idea.

But I agree with your overall point. One way or another something has to change before you allow yourself to continue to get gashed in week 14 by the same plays you were getting gashed with in week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Dean Piss has to go...I know there were some people who were fooled when we had a stretch of games when we played good defense against some very weak offenses, but his bend don't break, 2 and 3 man rushes and soft zone defense is killing us in crucial moments of the game.
    At some point people are going to realize just how poor the talent is on the defensive side of the ball.

Until then, people will continue to blame coaching.

In fact, that goes for the entire team.

PP