Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Silver Lining Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    There are no silver linings, IMO, outside of MAYBE confirmation that the no huddle can work in any environment and is ALWAYS a better option than Cam Cameron's pathetic play calling.

TONS of injuries off of this game... Rice, Leach, Yanda, McClain.

I could easily see this team going into a tailspin and losing out. Even so, they MAY limp into the playoffs, but they won't make any noise.
    Yanda doesn't get injured if Pees' defense would learn to close out games (no OT.)
    Al

Blog Entries

The silver lining would be making Cam walk back to Baltimore.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I appreciate the effort of the OP to wring some positives from this abomination, but a loss is a loss is a loss.

The sad thing is, we LIVED in Redskins territory for about a quarter and got nothing to show for it.

IMO, there is no silver lining. We lost to an inferior team. We did so by squandering opportunities. We did so by losing to a back-up, again. We did so with a chance to clinch a playoff berth. We did so by not adjusting on offense.

I doubt we even win our "usual" one victory in the playoffs this year.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Silver lining: confirmation that the backup QB is our kryptonite.

We got a better offensive effort on the road than what we had at home last week. Cam called a better game getting rice plenty of touches/yards. 6 of those redskin points were gifted off the O-line getting beat but of course the DL let RG3/cousins drive the whole field to tie the game. Due to the steelers and bengals both losing the Ravens are still in control of their destiny for the most part. If Houston beats the Pats and we stop the broncos that can make things a bit better.

While we can only offer conjecture as to what will happen in the playoffs, the fact is that we were without Suggs, Lewis, Webb, Smith, and Ellerbe and traveled on the road to play a hot NFC team and lost in overtime. Yes I'm disgusted by the way that they lost, but it doesn't come to a shock to me that we dropped this game. You could say we shouldn't give a TD up to Cousins but when you have frickin Chris Johnson out there on the coverage don't be surprised.

Meanwhile our magic number for clinching the division has gone from 2 to 1, and we only need a win or Bengals or Steelers loss (one of which will happen).

If you want to dream a little, the #2 seed is still available if the Ravens go 3-0 and NE drops to HOU or SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    The silver lining would be making Cam walk back to Baltimore.
    Fuck that. Just buy him a train ticket to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    While we can only offer conjecture as to what will happen in the playoffs, the fact is that we were without Suggs, Lewis, Webb, Smith, and Ellerbe and traveled on the road to play a hot NFC team and lost in overtime. Yes I'm disgusted by the way that they lost, but it doesn't come to a shock to me that we dropped this game. You could say we shouldn't give a TD up to Cousins but when you have frickin Chris Johnson out there on the coverage don't be surprised.

Meanwhile our magic number for clinching the division has gone from 2 to 1, and we only need a win or Bengals or Steelers loss (one of which will happen).

If you want to dream a little, the #2 seed is still available if the Ravens go 3-0 and NE drops to HOU or SF.
    Yes! Lets hope Yanda is alright.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    That's a lot of optimism, but hey, this is the silver lining thread.

Realistically, the Ravens should rest their injured starters next week. Play them against Giants if circumstances dictate. With the AFC North won, rest them against Bengals. That's the smart thing to do. This team, if healthy, could still make some noise in the playoffs.

Silver lining?

LOL! Blew a game you just don't lose if you're an elite team with a chance to seal up the division or at minimum a playoff game.

Also possibly lost a couple more key players to injury (Yanda missing from our O-line is huge).

So, no.. ever with the STeelers and Bengals losing there is no silver lining today.

Blog Entries

Is there a sliver lining? Injuries piling up, D played terrible when it mattered, Flacco was fire in 1st half, ice in 2nd and OT, we likely lost Yanda for year.

The silver lining is that Bengals and Steelers lost, so we kind've get a mulligan. But this team looks like they are just barely keeping their head above water, and the sharks (Broncos, Giants, Bengals) are circling. Can we kick them off with a patchwork D, a patchwork OL, and floundering offense?

Wish I could say we were rebuilding, but no, this was supposed to be a contender team. Now it seems like it's pretending!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Silver lining - Flacco made himself way more affordable today, and Oher will likely be back at the vet minimum.