Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Silver Lining Thread

Here's the silver lining thread... sort of.

High seeds are out. AFC North is basically sewn up. So the team can ease up and get healthy for the playoffs. The defense is just too depleted right now.

Offense's inconsistencies and lack of adjustment were on display big time again. It's getting impossible for this coaching staff to not undergo a huge shakeup this offseason, unless the Ravens somehow make it to the SB. AFCCG will not be enough this time.

Ravens did not get embarrassed by Danny Boy's team. It was pretty close.

You can add your own.

Blog Entries

Re: Silver Lining Thread

I just can't see the Ravens beating any team in the playoffs on the road. They'll still make the playoffs which may be a silver lining to some but it's not enough for me.

Blog Entries

Silver lining? Is that a brand of toilet paper? If it is, that couldn't help the shitty coaching I have seen here in Baltimore.

This team has a figure head for a head coach and lackeys at almost every spot. The nonsense with keepinh Oher at left tackle is a joke. I think Moeller should do as Brian Billick advised, "Have another beer, and then make another assesment."

my silver lining is that 31 other teams will be considered losers like us this year!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

We got a better offensive effort on the road than what we had at home last week. Cam called a better game getting rice plenty of touches/yards. 6 of those redskin points were gifted off the O-line getting beat but of course the DL let RG3/cousins drive the whole field to tie the game. Due to the steelers and bengals both losing the Ravens are still in control of their destiny for the most part. If Houston beats the Pats and we stop the broncos that can make things a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    . If Houston beats the Pats and we stop the broncos that can make things a bit better.
    How in he Hell can we hope to beat the Broncos and Peyton Manning??? We may well not win another game.

Sad to say, but very possibly can happen.....

I appreciate the effort of the OP to wring some positives from this abomination, but a loss is a loss is a loss.

The sad thing is, we LIVED in Redskins territory for about a quarter and got nothing to show for it.

IMO, there is no silver lining. We lost to an inferior team. We did so by squandering opportunities. We did so by losing to a back-up, again. We did so with a chance to clinch a playoff berth. We did so by not adjusting on offense.

I doubt we even win our "usual" one victory in the playoffs this year.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

While we can only offer conjecture as to what will happen in the playoffs, the fact is that we were without Suggs, Lewis, Webb, Smith, and Ellerbe and traveled on the road to play a hot NFC team and lost in overtime. Yes I'm disgusted by the way that they lost, but it doesn't come to a shock to me that we dropped this game. You could say we shouldn't give a TD up to Cousins but when you have frickin Chris Johnson out there on the coverage don't be surprised.

Meanwhile our magic number for clinching the division has gone from 2 to 1, and we only need a win or Bengals or Steelers loss (one of which will happen).

If you want to dream a little, the #2 seed is still available if the Ravens go 3-0 and NE drops to HOU or SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    While we can only offer conjecture as to what will happen in the playoffs, the fact is that we were without Suggs, Lewis, Webb, Smith, and Ellerbe and traveled on the road to play a hot NFC team and lost in overtime. Yes I'm disgusted by the way that they lost, but it doesn't come to a shock to me that we dropped this game. You could say we shouldn't give a TD up to Cousins but when you have frickin Chris Johnson out there on the coverage don't be surprised.

Meanwhile our magic number for clinching the division has gone from 2 to 1, and we only need a win or Bengals or Steelers loss (one of which will happen).

If you want to dream a little, the #2 seed is still available if the Ravens go 3-0 and NE drops to HOU or SF.
    Yes! Lets hope Yanda is alright.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    That's a lot of optimism, but hey, this is the silver lining thread.

Realistically, the Ravens should rest their injured starters next week. Play them against Giants if circumstances dictate. With the AFC North won, rest them against Bengals. That's the smart thing to do. This team, if healthy, could still make some noise in the playoffs.

There are no silver linings, IMO, outside of MAYBE confirmation that the no huddle can work in any environment and is ALWAYS a better option than Cam Cameron's pathetic play calling.

TONS of injuries off of this game... Rice, Leach, Yanda, McClain.

I could easily see this team going into a tailspin and losing out. Even so, they MAY limp into the playoffs, but they won't make any noise.

The only one I can think of is that Pitt and Cincy lost. Other than that, this was a huge clusterfuck.