Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lose out

Re: Lose out

Pees runs a perfect prevent to win defense. Using three rushers when opponent is inside the 10 yard line? RG3 could have held a weenie roast with all the time he had in the pocket.

I piss on Pees and his predictable defense the sames that I piss on Cameron and Harbaugh who are all way above their heads as coaches in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    How about the pick in the redzone?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    That too, but I put most of the blame for that pick on Flacco. He should have gotten rid of the ball faster or taken the sack. Despite is 3 TD passes, I thought Flacco had an overall mediocre game taday. He underthrew a number of receives and was very late getting the ball out on a number of plays.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    If we had a early 20s pick last, we could've got first rounders...Reilly Reiff, Kendall Wright, Arthur Jones, Dontey Hightower, Whitney Mercilus. That would've at least helped out pass rush and LB depth. Now we're likely gonna be starting practice squaders and street free agents at Inside Linebacker next week if Ray/Ellerbe can't go.

And McLain got banged up. They seriously might have to go pick someone up off a teams practice squad just to dress enough LB's.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Exactly. That killed us.
    So the wide-open Redskin in the endzone at the end of regulation and a QB draw 2 point conversion didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    So the wide-open Redskin in the endzone at the end of regulation and a QB draw 2 point conversion didn't?
    We would've had went up by by multiple scores at that point. A TD would've been great but a FG would've changed the dynamic too. Our defense had pretty much shut them down in the third quarter...had so many chances, but Flacco and Oher blew. Oher has critical errors at the worst times and Flacco won't move up into the pocket knowing Oher's deficiencies.

We should hope they lose out. It might change this crap. Losing to backup QB's leading last minute drives in back to back weeks, has that ever happened before?

They WONT lose out. I can see them beating Denver. The offense is playing well and we will have Suggs/Lewis/Elerbie back for that game and possibly Jimmy Smith. I can see us beating Denver or NYG but not both. my gut tells me we beat Denver and have a let down to NYG and beat CIN to get the 3 seed. Win out first playoff game then lose in NE/Denver/Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    They WONT lose out. I can see them beating Denver. The offense is playing well and we will have Suggs/Lewis/Elerbie back for that game and possibly Jimmy Smith. I can see us beating Denver or NYG but not both. my gut tells me we beat Denver and have a let down to NYG and beat CIN to get the 3 seed. Win out first playoff game then lose in NE/Denver/Houston.
    New England wont lose @ home to Houston, plus they will beat SF. Ravens are 3rd or 4th, likely 4th at this point. I just dont see enough intelligence in this team to beat Fox's defense and Manning.

Fuck that. They still have a decent shot at the division, which means a home playoff game against a 9 or 10 win team. Which means they are then a hot streak away from the Super Bowl. Is that likely? Hell no, but I have seen stranger things the last few years (like the Cardinals making the Super Bowl).

There are no redeeming aspects of losing out.

This the season of Christmas wishes - but you you shouldn't count on it too hard because it ain't gonna happen!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Fuck that. They still have a decent shot at the division, which means a home playoff game against a 9 or 10 win team. Which means they are then a hot streak away from the Super Bowl. Is that likely? Hell no, but I have seen stranger things the last few years (like the Cardinals making the Super Bowl).

There are no redeeming aspects of losing out.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    Losing out still puts Baltimore at 9-7. Going back to 2008, the lowest that a 9-7 non-playoff team has picked is #17, and it's typically been more like #19 or #20.

On the other side, if the Ravens make the playoffs, and are one and done (as the gloom and doom here predicts), you're picking in the low 20s.

So you'd trade watching your team collapse down the stretch in order to pick up 2-3 spots in draft position. That doesn't make any sense.
    Shhhhh..You're making too much sense...something I never thought I would say to a Steelers fan:)

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    This the season of Christmas wishes - but you you shouldn't count on it too hard because it ain't gonna happen!
    Ok...I will wish for them to get hot at the right time...and you can root for them to lose out.

Fair enough?