Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This should sum it up.

Middle of the road team. average offense below average defense. Average coaches, average QB. No killer instinct at all. They will win the division by default and play a 3 point game against any wild card team they play. I knew it in my heart but these last 2 weeks have proved it. In a sense seeing them not make the playoffs or get bumped 1st round may be what it takes for some changes. Sitting back and resting on the 4 straight years in the playoffs mean dick at this point. The steelers and Pats don't talk about how many playoff appeearances they make its about going to super bowls. Maybe the gatoraide bath against pitt last year is they're SB. Pees blows also. If I hear 1 more time about missed communication on defense when we only rush 4. Its obvious they signed some players that don't have very high iq's as they can't remember where to be. McClain looks like hes lost every play. 9-7 or 10-6 at best then dump it in the 1st round.

iggyman555 Guest

Re: This should sum it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Middle of the road team. average offense below average defense. Average coaches, average QB. No killer instinct at all. They will win the division by default and play a 3 point game against any wild card team they play. I knew it in my heart but these last 2 weeks have proved it. In a sense seeing them not make the playoffs or get bumped 1st round may be what it takes for some changes. Sitting back and resting on the 4 straight years in the playoffs mean dick at this point. The steelers and Pats don't talk about how many playoff appeearances they make its about going to super bowls. Maybe the gatoraide bath against pitt last year is they're SB. Pees blows also. If I hear 1 more time about missed communication on defense when we only rush 4. Its obvious they signed some players that don't have very high iq's as they can't remember where to be. McClain looks like hes lost every play. 9-7 or 10-6 at best then dump it in the 1st round.
    luck will destroy us in playoffs

I don't think you understand what "middle of the road" means.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    luck will destroy us in playoffs
    +1
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    I don't think you understand what "middle of the road" means.
    Middle of the road means they are avaerge at best. they are about the 10th-15th best team in the nfl, thats middle of the road. Maybe your going by their record but thats fools gold. Whats your definition of "middle of the road" then?

Blog Entries

We hae the players on offense, we just need a better OC, along with a better OL coach. The defense is just too banged up. Look who we've been sutiing up and sending out there. A bunch of UDFA's and lower round guys. We've missed on D the past few years and are paying for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Middle of the road means they are avaerge at best. they are about the 10th-15th best team in the nfl, thats middle of the road. Maybe your going by their record but thats fools gold. Whats your definition of "middle of the road" then?
    Cool. Name the 10-15 teams that are better than us.

Houston
    Denver
    Colts
    New England
    Green Bay
    NYG
    Washington
    Atlanta
    San Francisco
    Dallas
    Chicago
    and then splitting hairs on the rest of
    Cincy
    Pittsburgh
    Minnesota

Blog Entries

Cool. Name the 10-15 teams that are better than us.
    Houston, NE, Indy, Denver, Seattle, Atlanta, GB, NYGiants, Detroit(well better players anyway), Niners, Vikings......

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Houston
    Denver
    Colts
    New England
    Green Bay
    NYG
    Washington
    Atlanta
    San Francisco
    Dallas
    Chicago
    and then splitting hairs on the rest of
    Cincy
    Pittsburgh
    Minnesota
    You're just naming teams for the sake of naming them.

Blog Entries

You're just naming teams for the sake of naming them.
    Funny we posted at the same time and came up with alot of similar names. Which one's do you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Funny we posted at the same time and came up with alot of similar names. Which one's do you disagree with?
    I'm okay with people taking these teams: NE, Houston, Denver, NY Giants, Green Bay, Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco. I don't agree with putting ALL of them ahead of us, but they're all reasonable picks.

First, getting the Colts out of the way. There's only one 9-4 team in NFL history to have a negative point differential. That would be this year's Colts...at -37. Complete and total fraud. If you want to call our wins lucky and unimpressive, you don't want to look at Indy's resume.

Seattle, they're okay and they're rolling today. Not an egregious choice, but they've had a lot of ugly wins as well - one of which was obviously not earned. Nothing on their resume that really pushes them ahead of us.

The Redskins, yeah they just beat us, but the fact that the game was on the road cannot be ignored. We barely lost to them in their house, what happens at a neutral site? Plus, again, our overall resume is simply better.

Dallas? They're 7-6 and have a negative point differential. I won't bring up head to head with respect to Washington, but Dallas really hasn't done anything very well.

Pittsburgh, again, the head to head calls things into question, but they have so many ugly losses that it's just not a reasonable thing to do.

Cincinnati, two games behind and with a 31 point loss to us. No chance.

Minnesota, you're just desperately grabbing for any name you can find. Detroit, you're not even trying.