Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Blow It Up!!!!

Re: Blow It Up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    It would be hard to explain because its STUPID.
    Cam needs to go. Its not working.
    Pees...jury is out. I can live with him another year if Cam is gone. In fairness losing Redding, Suggs, Webby, JJ, Ellerbe, Ray, Smith blah blah seems like more than just a convenient excuse for the lack of performance.

What quality coach would want to come here and take over this team knowing that 4 or 5 straight years in the playoffs is not enough?
    I disagree. When we played the Eagles and they lost their starting center, he didn't put any pressure on the new guy coming in. Today, the 'skins lost RG3 and he didn't put any pressure on the rookie replacing him. No killer instinct at all. Its almost as if he feels sorry for tham and wants to give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    :word

He walked into a good situation and now the clueless bastard is being exposed for his lack of X and O's understanding.
    SMH

So basically when he wins its cause "he walked into a good situation" and when they lose its because "the clueless bastard is being exposed for his lack of X and O's understanding" .... You serious????

Great situation? You mean a team with no starting QB worth a damn (Boller). A team coming off a losing season? A team that several other desired candidates looked at and said....ehhhh no thanks (Garrett among others)...
    You mean that good situation?

Yea there was talent here, particularly on the D side of the ball. Saying it was a some kind of cushy job is just putting a revisionist spin on the job. IF you consider the injuries, the offensive struggles etc...I would say Harbaugh has had a rough year but despite that is still 9-4.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    In Joe's first 2 - 3 years in the NFL, he would throw the ball away when the play wasn't there.

It's not Joe, it's the way he's been coached. Get rid of Cam and bring in an OC who understands that in today's NFL it is paramount to design and run a scheme that is predicated on getting the ball out of the QBs hand immediately--no more than 4 seconds (unless it's a designed or improvised rollout--which is another part of Joe's game that we swa early in his career that has since been coached out of him)

woudlnt jim cladwell work with joe on throwing the ball away more or is that something cam is in charge of?

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Your name is Ravenjoe but you stated "YOU GUYS WILL GET LIT UP THE NEXT 2 WEEKS" Are you a Ravens fan or not? You only like the Ravens when they win?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Take off the purple glasses for a second, my friend, and think for a minute - two weeks in a row, our D has been taken to the proverbial woodshed by a 37 year old, third string Qb, and this week by a backup QB who threw the game saving TD, and also running it in for a two pt conversion. This is NOT about supporting the team, but rather 'seeing the light'! The Manning Bros are coming to town, and you better get ready for some serious offense by the opposing team!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

@inexplicable Blow it up and replace Harbaugh with who, exactly? Who should be brought in? I wanna hear your ideas.

The problem with this team that no one is mentioning is the lack of talent. Our offensive line consists of one elite player (Yanda), an average LT, two rookies and a 15 year veteran. The secondary has one elite CB (Webb), a solid SS, an aging and unreliable FS and a serious of scrubs. Ray is old, McClain and Ellerbe are substandard, Ayanbadejo cannot cover. The defensive line is relying on aging journeymen (Kemoatu) and recent, late round draft picks. Compare that to the Houston Texans or the Denver Broncos.

Let's not completely forget that Ozzie had a huge role to play in building this thin, old, marginally talented team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    @inexplicable Blow it up and replace Harbaugh with who, exactly? Who should be brought in? I wanna hear your ideas.

The problem with this team that no one is mentioning is the lack of talent. Our offensive line consists of one elite player (Yanda), an average LT, two rookies and a 15 year veteran. The secondary has one elite CB (Webb), a solid SS, an aging and unreliable FS and a serious of scrubs. Ray is old, McClain and Ellerbe are substandard, Ayanbadejo cannot cover. The defensive line is relying on aging journeymen (Kemoatu) and recent, late round draft picks. Compare that to the Houston Texans or the Denver Broncos.

Let's not completely forget that Ozzie had a huge role to play in building this thin, old, marginally talented team.
    Ding. This team just doesn't have a lot of talent right now. I disagree about Ellerbe being below average though. He's been a beast when he plays.

OK, I get it: Harbaugh is safe because of his post-season record. I get it. But Cam was the OC for each of those seasons, right? I don't like where this is heading, but if it works for Harbaugh, why NOT for Cam, too?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    When this team was healthy they weren't that good anyway.
    That's why they always choked in the POs always coming this
    close to the SB but never making it under HARBs.

I said welcome to the new Eagles when HARBs arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post

Bingo. I wonder what the Ravens would be like if Chuck had stayed.

This may happen regardless of if you want it to or not. Whatever happens with Flaccos contact will effect who
    we can resign and who we will have to get rid of.

Blog Entries

Harbaugh is a joke of a coach.

Can anyone explain the logic to me of running the ball at the end of the 1st half with 2 timeouts (Either go all out or don't go at all).

Or explain when you're up 1 you score a TD, how do you not go for two? (you miss you're still up 7, you get it and it's a two score game)

Or, you don't down it at the end of the half but you down it at the end of the game and settle for overtime? Loser.

I'll still watch every game right up until they get bounced out of the playoffs, but I am officially on the Fuck Harbaugh train, this guy is a loser.

Blog Entries

I don't think he is a loser, but I cannot stand that conservative "play not to lose" mentality.

As the great Kevin Costner said in Tin Cup: Lay up, and I'll own you.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.