Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blow It Up!!!!

Re: Blow It Up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Any coach who's desire is to be an NFL head coach.

Period!!

The Eagles have been doing the same thing for years (minus a year or so here and there) and continue to fall short of expectations regardless of personel and assistant coaching changes.

If the idea is to strickly get to the playoffs, then expectations aren't where they should be, and staying the course will suffice.
    I was referring to quality established coaches. You know guys who have a history. Trading Harbaugh for some D coordinator or some O coordinator (i.e Josh McDaniels) is not always the way to go.

If you wanna replace your head coach who has gotten you to the playoffs FOUR straight years and quite possibly FIVE after this season with the flavor of the month coordinator...sure you might be able to do that. How is that beneficial and how is that not stupid.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    53 MIGHTY MEN! PLAY LIKE A RAVEN! This s--t insults our collective intelligence! You guys will get lit up the next two weeks, and maybe the final week. Harbs, WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU START STICKING A CATTLE PROD UP THE YOU-KNOW-WHAT OF BOTH OUR HEAD COORDINATORS, AND THE PLAYERS WHO ARE CHOOSING THE FETAL POSITION OVER PLAYING LIKE A PROFESSIONAL! OH, and BTW, FIRE PEES!
    Your name is Ravenjoe but you stated "YOU GUYS WILL GET LIT UP THE NEXT 2 WEEKS" Are you a Ravens fan or not? You only like the Ravens when they win?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Tantrum is the perfect word.

Sound like a bunch spoiled little kids who cant have what they used to when Daddy gets layed off his job

You have a D that is depleted with losses to FA and injuries. The backups are not good enough and that needs to be addressed.

To whine about firing a head coach that has gotten you to the playoffs 4 straight years is absurd. Its not like this team is healthy and he is losing. Personally I thinks its a minor miracle this team is in the position they are at 9-4.
    Bullshit! Harbaugh didn't get this teams to 4 straight playoff appearances. This TEAM got Harbaugh to 4 straight playoff appearances. Harbaugh backed into a team loaded with talent. The talent is now injured and Harbaugh is showing that he doesn't have a fucking clue.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    This is really hard to explain to an outsider - that Ravens fans could be calling for the head of a head coach who has produced five consecutive winning season. However, I am now convinced that a complete overall - top to bottom - is in order. I can see Harbaugh squeaking by and staying - but at this point I'd rather he go and take my chances with somebody else - a fresh approach -a new philosophy and a new set of coaches.

I think the reality is that Harbaugh would make a better college coach than an NFL coach. That 53 might men bullshit would be perfect for the college environment.

The important thing is that Flacco's career not be totally wasted. He's 5 years into a 15yr (or so) career and he has a great future ahead of him if we can get him with a coaching staff who knows how to use him.
    Great future...questionable
    Great QB... never.
    Joe was, is and always will be a 1/2 second too slow. He'll get stripped, sacked or intercepted many more times in his GREAT FUTURE.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Bullshit! Harbaugh didn't get this teams to 4 straight playoff appearances. This TEAM got Harbaugh to 4 straight playoff appearances. Harbaugh backed into a team loaded with talent. The talent is now injured and Harbaugh is showing that he doesn't have a fucking clue.
    :word

He walked into a good situation and now the clueless bastard is being exposed for his lack of X and O's understanding.

You don't have to have purple colored glasses to be a Ravens fan. It's possible to be objectionable and be a fan. With that said the Ravens lose badly against Peyton.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Your name is Ravenjoe but you stated "YOU GUYS WILL GET LIT UP THE NEXT 2 WEEKS" Are you a Ravens fan or not? You only like the Ravens when they win?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

7. Re: Blow It Up!!!!

Scam Cameron and Dean Piss have to go. I'm for bringing Flacco back for a short term deal and drafting a QB prospect to groom, but if Flacco is still looking to get paid like the elite QB he's not, he can go too.

Blog Entries

Blow it up and replace Harbaugh with who, exactly? Who should be brought in? I wanna hear your ideas.

The problem with this team that no one is mentioning is the lack of talent. Our offensive line consists of one elite player (Yanda), an average LT, two rookies and a 15 year veteran. The secondary has one elite CB (Webb), a solid SS, an aging and unreliable FS and a serious of scrubs. Ray is old, McClain and Ellerbe are substandard, Ayanbadejo cannot cover. The defensive line is relying on aging journeymen (Kemoatu) and recent, late round draft picks. Compare that to the Houston Texans or the Denver Broncos.

For several seasons, we had a very good core of players that went under the radar and performed well; Grubbs, JJ, Redding, Scott, McAllister, Price and Gregg all spring to mind. As happens to lots of good teams, the salary cap has caught up with us and we are being forced to rely on several stars and hope that substandard players can perform at an average level.

I'm not saying that this team is falling apart and that we should blow it up (although it needs to be said that the coaching isn't as good as it needs to be). Next year we should get various players back from injury, we should see improvement from some of the youngsters and can hopefully use the draft (or even free agency!) to improve the team. Flacco, Rice, Smith, Suggs, Webb and Ngata are have many years left in them, but the talent level simply isn't good enough this year to compete with the elite of the AFC.

He may be losing the team. It almost happened earlier this year, he might have lost already or close to doing so.

10. Re: Blow It Up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Great future...questionable
    Great QB... never.
    Joe was, is and always will be a 1/2 second too slow. He'll get stripped, sacked or intercepted many more times in his GREAT FUTURE.
    In Joe's first 2 - 3 years in the NFL, he would throw the ball away when the play wasn't there.

It's not Joe, it's the way he's been coached. Get rid of Cam and bring in an OC who understands that in today's NFL it is paramount to design and run a scheme that is predicated on getting the ball out of the QBs hand immediately--no more than 4 seconds (unless it's a designed or improvised rollout--which is another part of Joe's game that we swa early in his career that has since been coached out of him)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    If you wanna replace your head coach who has gotten you to the playoffs FOUR straight years and quite possibly FIVE after this season with the flavor of the month coordinator...sure you might be able to do that. How is that beneficial and how is that not stupid.
    Rich Kotite could've taken this team to the playoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    He may be losing the team. It almost happened earlier this year, he might have lost already or close to doing so.
    I sure hope you're right.