Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 110111112
Results 1,333 to 1,336 of 1336

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Redskins 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Oher has a tough enough time blocking one guy.

The free runner, btw, was Jordan Pugh who came on an overload blitz and Flacco was sacked. Bummer, but no harm. The magical INT was KO missing Kerrigan and the sack strip was Oher getting handled by Rob Jackson.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Actually everytime the Ravens have no one in the backfield and split Ray wide, Teams blitz EVERYIME. As soon as I saw RR line up at WR far left out of the play, i was hoping for a FG attempt. IT NEVER WORKS EMPTY BACKFEILD, you have no one to chip and allows another rusher and negates a spy on the RB.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    You have no idea what youre saying. Joe had a 121 rating.

Joe clearly didn't have the freedom in the 2nd a half that he did in the 1st.

A complete night and day difference on offense. The difference is, our defense did what they needed to do in order to adjust.
    And Joe did just what he does most of the time in away games... one half good to very good and the other half very little points and oh yes turnovers that lead to the other team scoring points and keeping the defense on the field. Joe Flacco has a great arm but his qb IQ stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Because, you know, these qbs have eyes in the back of their heads.
    The classic ridiculous conclusion.

The good ones have pocket presence and know when they're too deep or need to move around. That doesn't take a genetic mutation, just smarts by practicing having a clock in your head. I remember A Rogers talking about how at practice he has giants clocks around the field so he can gauge when the pocket breaks down and he needs to abandon/move the pocket. No I'm not saying Joe is or will be or even should be Aaron Rogers. But this is an example of how that skill is learned.

It's hardly news that his presence back there is poor.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    And Joe did just what he does most of the time in away games... one half good to very good and the other half very little points and oh yes turnovers that lead to the other team scoring points and keeping the defense on the field. Joe Flacco has a great arm but his qb IQ stinks!

Who's job is it to adjust to whAt the defense gives you? I was vilified the last time I said Joe calls the plays sometimes, so I'm guessing its still joes fault when the correct plays aren't being called in his helmet?