Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'd like to see one game where Jamal breaks out!

I know the Chargers are stout against the run. But I am hoping to see the old Jamal. The one that can carry the Ravens offense on his back. Are those days gone? Also they need to rotate Smith and Anderson more. Keep fresh legs in there to continually pound the ball.

Re: I'd like to see one game where Jamal breaks out!

I would also like to see that testbook first drive again where we eat up the clock and keep the defense rested!

If the OL has a solid game, Jamal should as well. That, in addition to his previous ankle injury, has been the limiting factor.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Jamal doesn't seem to have that top end speed so far this season.

Blog Entries

I think he'll have at least one breakout game this season of 100-125 yards. But I think we can all admit, he's no longer Jamal Lewis, the fearsome power back.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Hard to get to top speed when you are tackled in the backfield.

Jamal is looking more & more like the Jamal of last year, not hitting the holes fast, but doing the dance & hesitating. I thought since he is essentially on a 1year deal, he would come out & prove to the world he can still do it. He has had some nice runs, but I agree, the speed burst is missing.

Also, Jamal doesn't get the credit as a pass catcher, but he has shown if you hit him out of the backfield while he is moving forward & downhill, he can be almost unstoppable. Maybe we should try some shuffle passes or some screens to Jamal to try to open up the running game Sunday.

I agree we should shuttle all 3 backs in continuesly to keep the opposing D guessing & stop pulling Jamal out on 3rd down.

Living in Southern York County & in Section 504 on Sunday's

Ding,ding,ding, we have a winner. Rack Camden.

Jamal needs his carries to wear the D down. I don't think he has had more than 21 in any game, if that many. Where are his 25+ touches a game?

I think he has been running good given what he has had to work with. I don't like the way they appear to be abandoning the run (Jamal) early. I believe they should use Jamal more. Past history and himself admittedly proves he gets better later in the game when they let him pound the D.
    SS

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Hard to get to top speed when you are tackled in the backfield.
    Besides the 2 Cleveland games, Jamal's strength has been in repetitive pounding until, late in the game, he wears the run defense out, and gains big! If Jamal is not still Jamal, then this will not happen, Or, if we don't use him in this manner, we will never know if Jamal is still Jamal!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    If the OL has a solid game, Jamal should as well. That, in addition to his previous ankle injury, has been the limiting factor.
    Well, you can forget the OL having a solid game that ain't gonna happen.
    What is wrong with his ankle? I thought that previous injury was supposed to be all healed this season. Has he injured it again?
    As far as Jamal playing for a contract, I don't think we'll see that. He was playing for a contract last season and we remember how that turned out.

The speed is questionable these days. His power seems close to yesteryear, but the acceleration...

Maybe Musa or Mike Anderson a little more Sunday. ONE of this trio has to step forth to keep San Diegos excellent defense honest.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

What I meant to say is that his ankle injury (now healed) and/or the bad OL play has limited him since 2003.

I think what you are seeing with Jamal not getting 25+ carries per game is Fassell using McNair to create a balanced attack. In addition, and I think Aaron said they have him on a "pitch count".

That doesn't preclude using Anderson to pound the opposition. I'm still trying to figure out how they couldn't find one play to get him involved in last week.