Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: NFLN slobbering all over RGIII. Casserly picks Ravens as his "Upset Special"

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Why are you such a goddamn pessimist? Have some faith in this team.
    From Ambrose Bierce's classic Devil's Dictionary of 1911:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose Bierce (1842-1913??!?)
    OPTIMIST, n. A proponent of the doctrine that black is white.
    The continuation, edited for applicability:
    A pessimistic Ravens fan applied to God for relief.

"Ah, you wish me to restore your hope and cheerfulness for the remainder of the current season," said God.

"No," replied the petitioner, "I wish you to create something that would justify the lack of them."

"The world is all created," said God, "but you have overlooked something--the Redskins, the Broncos, the Giants, the Bengals, & whoever they get paired with if they do get into the dance. (Also, how many more fourth-&-29s do you think I'm gonna let 'em convert?)"
    I'm thoroughly pessimistic on the Ravens' prospects for the rest of the season--the difference between me & rharris1986 is that (a) I'm not posting it every 10 minutes here & (b) I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. (And I am morally certain that (c) either Cam will be retained at season's end even if they tank, or (d) he will be replaced but the offense will be no better because it's Harbaugh's risk avoidance that's driving it...)
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 12-08-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    From Ambrose Bierce's classic Devil's Dictionary of 1911:

The continuation, edited for applicability:

I'm thoroughly pessimistic on the Ravens' prospects for the rest of the season--the difference between me & rharris1986 is that (a) I'm not posting it every 10 minutes here & (b) I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. (And I am morally certain that (c) either Cam will be retained at season's end even if they tank, or (d) he will be replaced but the offense will be no better because it's Harbaugh's risk avoidance that's driving it...)
    threadwin
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Re: NFLN slobbering all over RGIII. Casserly picks Ravens as his "Upset Special"

The skins are 6-6 in a pathetic division. Sorry but the Ravens should dominate this game. RG3 will be no more impressive than a bug splattered on the team bus' windshield once the mighty men of Baltimore get done with him.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I still find it hilarious how you ONLY post here after we lose, yet you disappear for weeks after we win. Take a hike stoolerslover.
    Man, you're too much. Hopefully, when you grow up you'll realize that if something isn't true, it doesn't matter how many times you tell yourself it is true, it still isn't. When you become the administrator then you can tell me to take a hike, but until then, shut your stupid mouth.

A 9-3 team beating a 6-6 team is an upset? I think it's a case of promotion, not news. Which the NFLN is not above doing at other times, as well.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Well, from one perspective...the Redskins are probably at least as good as the Chiefs, who gave us fits. So year, I say they've got a shot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    Well, from one perspective...the Redskins are probably at least as good as the Chiefs, who gave us fits. So year, I say they've got a shot.
    The Ravens are at least as good as the Panthers who beat the Redskins at Fedex this year.

You can't really gauge it like that. It's about matchups.

I'd say both offenses have an advantage over the opposing defenses.

Gonna be a tough game. RG3 is sweet with it! At least his rookie year. It will be fun to watch these Mighty Ravens get back on track, Rice Rice Baby!! Time to feed the Nfl a whole lot of Rice. Pierce them with purple pride.

It's Dec, plz Feed everyone Rice. Time to Get this team back to running the rock and taking better shots off playaction. Stop with Flacco needs to carry us. The man will get us there if we fatten everyone with a bunch of Rice. The D needs some freaking help.!!

Here's hoping to a Ravens Win with A beltway lunch of Rice.. purple pride

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Man, you're too much. Hopefully, when you grow up you'll realize that if something isn't true, it doesn't matter how many times you tell yourself it is true, it still isn't. When you become the administrator then you can tell me to take a hike, but until then, shut your stupid mouth.
    Lol whatever, I just find it hard that a "ravens fan" can be as down about this team as you are, I haven't ever seen ONE post by you that is positive about this team, or is ballwashing the Steelers. It is impossible for someone to be THAT negative about his team IMO.

Blog Entries

I'm pessimistic this week. Been awhile since Redskins won the matchup, been awhile since we lost two in a row, we're on the road, and the Redskins are heating up.

If our coaches and players got taken to the woodshed by the Steelers loss, maybe something changes. But what we heard ALL week is "we prepared for this game no differently than any other week". So I'm expecting the same old flat performance. If RG3 and Morris can come out with success early, we're going to fold up I think.

I would like to see us absolutely destroy DeAngelo Hall. He's a wishy washy corner, he was on crutches this week and will STILL play, and I get tired of hearing Skins fans talking about him like he's the shit on defense.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The skins and the steelers last week played their hearts out with a playoff spot on the line while the Giants and Ravens both underachieved, this could easily be the skin's "reality check/let down" game. It's going to come down to Joe's deep ball accuracy and the Raven's red zone defense. yes, its a road game but it's in the same state 45 minutes way with conditions they'd be playing in if it was at M&T. RG3 is going to get his yards on the ravens, they just need to limit him to Field Goals and not TDs. If anything, I think the Ravens have a better shot of stopping the Skins than they do the Broncos next week.

I have no problem with them favoring or talking up rg3. Hopefully the d is watching and feels disrespected and in turn plays witha chip on their shoulder. Rainy wet field rg3 is going to lose his greatest advantage, speed. Now we just need to hit him jn the mouth.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

This D has no swag, no aggression, nothing to it, it looks the New England defense in the early 2000s. Just plain like a piece of bread, they play with the same philosophy as the offense, play not to take risk, play not to lose. I know the talent isn't there this year like previous but the scheme is so dry, old and predictable is not fun watching this defense anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    This D has no swag, no aggression, nothing to it, it looks the New England defense in the early 2000s. Just plain like a piece of bread, they play with the same philosophy as the offense, play not to take risk, play not to lose. I know the talent isn't there this year like previous but the scheme is so dry, old and predictable is not fun watching this defense anymore.
    Amazing how quickly opinions changed...just 2-3 weeks ago, when we held Steelers scoreless for 57 minutes of game time, this D was hot shit. And again vs Rivers. One bad game against Charlie Batch and we're all washed up.

I can crap on the offense, because that's become dependable in how undependable it performs. But the D, outside of one or two stinky moments, has been pretty great since the bye.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Without Suggs, and once Webb went down, and Ngata got hurt, I came to the conclusion that the Ravens would live, or die, this season based on their offense. (A special teams play here and there helps, too.)

The next 4 games are against above average (in some cases, top 10) offenses. I don't expect the defense to hold any of them below 20 points.

The "Flacco camp", since their rejection of the Ravens contract offer over the summer, has been arguing that they deserve "elite" money. Well, time for some elite play on offense. The stage is set...