Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

A better question this year is the impact that the Cameron/Flacco deep passing game has made on the defense. It seems like we either score quickly or take under two minutes off the clock with a 3-and-out. There really have been very few sustained drives of 5 minutes+.

He's a bad O.C. I don't see how you can debate that. Our offense is predictable and stale. Yet, until we see how our group performs under a different coordinator, it's hard to evaluate his level of badness. Maybe the next guy comes in with the same group and does even worse and suddenly we are referring to Cam as mediocre. Maybe the next guy comes in and gives Rice/Pierce the ball 28 times/game over the season and runs the ball on 3rd and 2 more than twice a year and we move into the top 10 in points AND yards and Cam looks all the more unqualified.

We really don't know how bad he truly is, but we do know he is predictable and damagingly stubborn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Wow WTF?!?!?!?!
    Here is Jeff's response to me asking why the ravens have abandoned the no huddle.

@jeffzrebiecsun: @bdubsqrd They're saying they haven't and it is dictated by teams that they're playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Here is Jeff's response to me asking why the ravens have abandoned the no huddle.

@jeffzrebiecsun: @bdubsqrd They're saying they haven't and it is dictated by teams that they're playing.

epic fail by harbaugh and cam, you think NE gives a shit who they play to make that team dictate what the hell they wanna do? this is difference bewteen great coaches and good coaches. Great coaches make teams adjust to what they are doing and if they do then they make their adjustments and counter. If you already go into a game thinking about how teams are going to dictate what your doing then you already lost 3/4 of the battle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    epic fail by harbaugh and cam, you think NE gives a shit who they play to make that team dictate what the hell they wanna do? this is difference bewteen great coaches and good coaches. Great coaches make teams adjust to what they are doing and if they do then they make their adjustments and counter. If you already go into a game thinking about how teams are going to dictate what your doing then you already lost 3/4 of the battle.
    Ding good teams impose their will. It's just ridiculous that the no huddle was unstoppable at times and they just stop using it.

No it isn't. Joe Flacco showed that he's not ready to run that type of offense. He completely utterly shat the bed trying in KC and Houston. Why should we put the offense in a position to fail by speeding it up when even the staunchest defenders of Joe Flacco have to admit one thing he is not is a quick decision maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Cam didn't run the offense in SD. It was Marty's offense, the same one he ran in Cleveland.

Shottenheimer was very conventional. Run Run Pass Punt. Cam seems to go out of his way to do the exact opposite of what a normal play caller would do.
    That's simply not true. Take for instance the game on Sunday against Pittsburgh. The Steelers literally DARED us to air the ball out deep all game. They squatted at the line, bringing #43 up on every down he was in and played 1 deep safety with off-man on the outside with 2 back up CBs. The game plan that we utilized was the absolute 100% correct game plan and it didn't succeed because we didn't execute. That's on Flacco, Torrey, Jacoby, and Anquan but mainly on Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I could be wrong but it seems as if your point is that Cam Cameron, over the years, and even with mad talent at his disposal, has basically put up average numbers as an offensive coordinator. And that given the talent at his disposal, the net result is that he, in reality, is a below average offensive coordinator. (I'm not trying to put words into your mouth; that's just my take on what you've posted.)

I didn't realize that being ranked 10th in total yards and 3rd, 1st, and 5th in points scored was grounds for being called "mediocre" on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    No it isn't. Joe Flacco showed that he's not ready to run that type of offense. He completely utterly shat the bed trying in KC and Houston. Why should we put the offense in a position to fail by speeding it up when even the staunchest defenders of Joe Flacco have to admit one thing he is not is a quick decision maker.
    People do forget this pretty quickly. It looked terrible in those games. People have it in their mind that No Huddle=Points but that's really hasn't been the case.

It also wore the hell out of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Ding good teams impose their will. It's just ridiculous that the no huddle was unstoppable at times and they just stop using it.

We should NEVER be running the no huddle anymore as far as I'm concerned. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I agree the number attempts are not the issue in the way the 49ers are "safe" with Alex Smith. But I think the pass routes and pass plays are "safe" in the sense they don't require too much decision-making and they avoid the areas of the field where a mis-read can easily turn into an INT.

So to me, even if we threw every down, the design and risk-averseness and simplicity of the pass plays themselves could hold back a QB who otherwise would thrive (assuming the QB could handle the extra risk and responisibilty without making so many mistakes as to lead to worse results).

So I agree, Cam would need to change everything if he wants a pass-happy offense (which he seems to be okay with). Using a Martyball playbook but throwing it more times than running it isn't the solution.

The thing that people don't get, for whatever reason, is that the reason the offense seems to have regressed is because it HAS been opened up more and the reason Flacco had more success early was because it was scaled back/dumbed down.

Flacco looked like he was ready to take the next step when it wasn't an offense designed around him. He had the arm, he could make any throw, and he was able to come through WHEN CALLED UPON. Then in year 3 or so they opened it up for him to come through at ALL TIMES and he's pretty much by and large fallen well short of expectations.

And honestly, please don't bring up last year's playoffs as a defense. He was awful against Houston (we scored twice on offense, both on drives starting in the red zone) and he was very good against a New England defense that everyone was very good against.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    That's simply not true. Take for instance the game on Sunday against Pittsburgh. The Steelers literally DARED us to air the ball out deep all game. They squatted at the line, bringing #43 up on every down he was in and played 1 deep safety with off-man on the outside with 2 back up CBs. The game plan that we utilized was the absolute 100% correct game plan and it didn't succeed because we didn't execute. That's on Flacco, Torrey, Jacoby, and Anquan but mainly on Flacco.
    you kidding me right? They dared us to throw the deep ball? NO they did exactly what other teams been doing since october and september, they took away smith with the over and under coverage blankted the sidelines from 10-15 and they spied rice the whole game. You did get 1/3rd of that right, where they dared us to throw the deep ball is in the middle of the field with one safety in cover 1. But your dude Cam call any plays to the middle of the field? did he flood the zones with multiple WR sets? did he spread them out to take advantage of that one safety cover? fuck no! try again dude.

you kidding me right? They dared us to throw the deep ball? NO they did exactly what other teams been doing since october and september, they took away smith with the over and under coverage blankted the sidelines from 10-15 and they spied rice the whole game. You did get 1/3rd of that right, where they dared us to throw the deep ball is in the middle of the field with one safety in cover 1. But your dude Cam call any plays to the middle of the field? did he flood the zones with multiple WR sets? did he spread them out to take advantage of that one safety cover? fuck no! try again dude.
    Why even try? Dude just does not get it.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN