Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggs and Guns

Re: Suggs and Guns

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I wont ever think "every one get a gun" is the right mind set, just because criminals will always get guns and police dont respond quick enough.
    While this has been a good discussion, it would be easier if you did not put words in my mouth. I didn't say what was quoted above. I said "Seeing how the average 911 response time is 23 minutes, the best option is to not make citizens jump through more hoops to arm themselves."

you guys asked for a system that focuses on the person and not the tool but dont want to be burdened by getting looked into as a person. its a little hypocritical sounding to me, and i can understand it, as you all just want your gun with as much ease as possible (because your not whats being screened for in the first place), but I dont think that means its whats best for everyone.
    No, us guys did not. That was Houston's point. And Houston's point is that what you want is in the majority of cases is already being done. My point is more hoops aren't going to stop the people you don't want to have guns from having them. It's like you'd like it as a law, all the while admitting it won't be effective in stopping the people who shouldn't have guns from getting them - which just makes it harder for the regular dude to get them

at the end of the day, good debate even though we disagree. Hope santa claus brings you all as many guns as you can carry... safely.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree. I choose to believe between government legislation and personal responsibility, the latter is the lesser of two evils, because the former only offers the illusion of safety with the cost of control.

Civil and respectful is definitely the way to go. Thanks, Jab.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    While this has been a good discussion, it would be easier if you did not put words in my mouth. I didn't say what was quoted above. I said "Seeing how the average 911 response time is 23 minutes, the best option is to not make citizens jump through more hoops to arm themselves."
    correction noted and i do realize you dont want more which i stated earlier, more a generalized comment summing different opinions up.

No, us guys did not. That was Houston's point. And Houston's point is that what you want is in the majority of cases is already being done. My point is more hoops aren't going to stop the people you don't want to have guns from having them. It's like you'd like it as a law, all the while admitting it won't be effective in stopping the people who shouldn't have guns from getting them - which just makes it harder for the regular dude to get them
    again summarization only. we still disagree on who the laws are for. saying it wont stop all, ill admit, but not stop any is something i just dont believe to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree. I choose to believe between government legislation and personal responsibility, the latter is the lesser of two evils, because the former only offers the illusion of safety with the cost of control.
    Normally id agree with you, certain things i just feel the government should, this being one of them.
    -JAB

Civil and respectful is definitely the way to go. Thanks, Jab.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

correction noted and i do realize you dont want more which i stated earlier, more a generalized comment summing different opinions up.
    It's all good, I know what I typed came of snarky, that was not the intention..

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Haha. First time I've seen that one.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Oregon shooter was "quite normal", according to friends and his ex, and stole the gun he used.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=17946938
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Oregon shooter was "quite normal", according to friends and his ex, and stole the gun he used.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=17946938
    I dont see where his friends say anything about him being normal, just the ex gf, who seems to be in denial based on the below quote. Seems she was just the one that wanted to talk the most on record.

and began to seem "numb" to those closest to him.
    they "assume" its a stolen gun, but its still early in the process. If it was stolen id say the owner was irresponsible for not having it locked up properly, which still supports my thought that some people shouldnt own guns. Be interesting to hear what comes of it, but again, going by the fact that he upped and sold all his shit and wanted to move for no reason other than getting away and became "numb" to his closest friends pretty much screams issues. In this case, if it was stolen, obviously a psych eval wouldnt have done anything, which i already said wouldnt be 100% effective. Unless his friends and family got him help before hand, which is another issue with mentally disordered, this is one of those cases that happens regardless.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

You can't really phrase it any better than that article.

It really is a simple issue that is unnecessarily made out to be otherwise because of emotion and stereotypes. But what else is new.
    I agree and as others have pointed out in this thread, it doesn't matter what control or lack of control you implement on guns. Folks who are going to go off the deep end are going to do it regardless of whether or not they have a gun. It isn't like someone just buys a gun and then all of a sudden devises a plan for doing bodily harm to a large number of people. They could accomplish that with a car, a baseball bat, household kitchen knives, etc.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

I just wish someone else besides the murderer had a gun in Newtown today. How sick do you have to be to murder 5 years olds?
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I just wish someone else besides the murderer had a gun in Newtown today. How sick do you have to be to murder 5 years olds?
    I am reeling...I don't understand.

"Gun Free School Zone"

My understanding is that armed parents and grandparents in Israel patrol their childrens' schools and grounds. I guarantee you this would have never happened there...

What a horrible tragedy for those parents and siblings of those lost. An entire classroom...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I would have put 1 in his head and 1 in his chest without a second thought. Wouldn't even have hesitated.

If there is a hell, you have to think that they reserve a special section for people like him.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

I live 2 towns away from Newtown. The police sent 5 cars to my son's middle school and 7 cars to my daughter's elementary school. I just wish that someone could have taken this scum out. The police can't stay at the school all the time and it takes long enough for them to get there. It's just horrible
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would have put 1 in his head and 1 in his chest without a second thought. Wouldn't even have hesitated.

If there is a hell, you have to think that they reserve a special section for people like him.
    I don't for one second pretend to be a bad ass, but I am right here with you. I would have done it without hesitation.

I dont pretend to be a badass either but i think in this case even being unarmed a rage would boil over me and attempt to inflict as much pain as possible or die trying.

Honestly one to the head is to easy of a way out for the prick.
    -JAB