Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggs and Guns

Blog Entries

Suggs and Guns

Anyone understand this PFT article about Suggs being forced to give up guns he owned?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ms-last-month/

As part of ongoing domestic disputes involving Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs and the mother of his two children, Suggs was required last month to surrender several firearms, according to Justin Fenton and Jeff Zriebiec of the Baltimore Sun.

“The guns were surrendered over to police pursuant to the court order, and they [Suggs and Candace Williams] are resolving their issues,” Suggs’ lawyer, Warren Alperstein, told the Sun. “All I can tell you is that he’s in rightful and lawful possession of the guns but turned them over pursuant to the requirements of the law.”

So if he was is lawful possession why was he required by law to give them up? I know there are some firearms owners who live in MD on this board. Do you guys have any insight on this?

Blog Entries

Re: Suggs and Guns

I can say Maryland has the worst gun laws in the country, it pretty much pisses in the face of the 2nd Amendment.

Furthermore, I thin it is classless to write a story about a non-story. The only reason it is relevant is in wake of what happened in K.C.

Editors should start being fired for what is being passed as journalism these days.

Blog Entries

I don't know the gun laws in MD but they are restrictive. Much harder to get a carry license there than other states, as I understand it.

But yes they're just feeding off of the KC incident. Why doesn't the NFL use the opportunity to raise awareness on violence against women? That's the core of the problem, not guns.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I can say Maryland has the worst gun laws in the country, it pretty much pisses in the face of the 2nd Amendment.

Furthermore, I thin it is classless to write a story about a non-story. The only reason it is relevant is in wake of what happened in K.C.

Editors should start being fired for what is being passed as journalism these days.
    New York is pretty bad too. Just ask Plaxico who ended up in jail for shooting himself.

This truly is a non-story and put Suggs in a horrible light which was totally overblown. PFT is starting to become like the National Enquirer.

Blog Entries

As part of ongoing domestic disputes involving Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs and the mother of his two children, Suggs was required last month to surrender several firearms, according to Justin Fenton and Jeff Zriebiec of the Baltimore Sun.
    Im not really sure of the gun laws but i believe because children are involved and theyre still working things out or "disputing", one can ask for such a thing if they feel threatened. I would assume its only temporary until they come to agreement on custody and/or the "dispute/s" are over. Im sure if Suggs wanted to he could fight it, but its probably better in the courts eye if he just surrendered them. Probably only reason she or her attorneys asked is because of what happened in KC though. Again im not the best source, but to my knowledge its unlawful for them to take your guns, but its not to temporarily cease them.

as for Silvers comments... totally agree. its a private matter that really has no bearing on anything. no reason to even report such a thing.
    -JAB

I love the national sports media.

The guy in KC guns down his girlfriend and is a victim, but they're happy to paint Suggs as a bad guy based on one sided testimony in a custody dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im not really sure of the gun laws but i believe because children are involved and theyre still working things out or "disputing", one can ask for such a thing if they feel threatened. I would assume its only temporary until they come to agreement on custody and/or the "dispute/s" are over. Im sure if Suggs wanted to he could fight it, but its probably better in the courts eye if he just surrendered them. Probably only reason she or her attorneys asked is because of what happened in KC though. Again im not the best source, but to my knowledge its unlawful for them to take your guns, but its not to temporarily cease them.

as for Silvers comments... totally agree. its a private matter that really has no bearing on anything. no reason to even report such a thing.

I am not sure if the incident in KC has any bearing on his wife or the wife's attorneys since Suggs surrounded the firearms last month?

Off the point, I do not believe this is not the first time we read about a domestic issue between Suggs and his wife? Why don't they just divorce/break up already? (i know it is a simplistic view, but I just dont get it).

Blog Entries

The gun issue is a non story, but what's all that crap about Suggs throwing shit at his GF and all that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    This truly is a non-story and put Suggs in a horrible light which was totally overblown. PFT is starting to become like the National Enquirer.
    They picked up the story from the Sun so they're the ones you should be angry at.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The gun issue is a non story, but what's all that crap about Suggs throwing shit at his GF and all that?
    She claimed he sprayed her with bleach but changed her mind later. If there was any reason to investigate the police would have been all over that one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    She claimed he sprayed her with bleach but changed her mind later. If there was any reason to investigate the police would have been all over that one.
    I believe everything was resolved. I remember she had a lawsuit against Suggs, but she withdrew it. Maybe Suggs paid a settlement too.