Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Next years Oline

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    There's a not all that unlikely scenario in which Oher--unless he gets kicked inside--is a valuable back-up swing man. On a positive, that's a huge cost avoidance for 2014, and if we can do that as well as establish a better unit then great. Kicking him inside at another position yet again sucks, I know, but it's only an outcome to be considered b/c of the poor job we've done addressing the OL over the last 3 years. The 2009 (mostly) RT Oher was very good--a top 20 player--what a shame to have mishandled the OT position on the heels of that kind of production.
    I agree! Whomever made all those calls should be punched in the face. Oher's rookie season looked like he was headed for all pro RT. Hell even if he regressed a little it was still an above average RT. Than they bounce him around and he's garbage. Really I'd rather just cut bait but it's whatever.

Really though, unless they address and get rid of the drunk you could put together the All Madden squad at the OL and he'd find a way to screw it up. I don't think I've hated anyone as much since PA and the Orioles. Hopefully they can both die in a fiery drunk driving accident.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    All I want for Christmas is Barrett Jones..
    Article on Jones in today's local paper where he went to high school: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...rmer-ecs-star/

He is projected low 20s so he may slip and still be there when the Ravens pick at 32

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Oher back at RT. Yanda at RG. Gradkowski at C. Osemele at LG and

Ryan Clady at LT.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Ryan Clady at LT.
    I wish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Ryan Clady at LT.
    Even though he's a great player, dude he turned down a 5 year 50 million contract, that's 10 mill every year! I don't see a way of extending Flacco AND signing a guy like Clady without cutting half the team lol.

There are some other interesting options like Jerome Bushrod who's done a good job protecting Drew Brees for the last few years. He won't be as expensive, but probably still quite pricey because he's been above average, and teams will be all over him, this of course is assuming NO don't resign him.

Blog Entries

Ryan Clady at LT.
    I would love Clady. He'd be ideal.

He is going to be SUPER expensive though. I can't see him not sticking with Denver.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Better fix: get an offensive system that gets receivers open. That will get the ball out quicker, which will cause the linemen to not have to maintain their blocks for more than a couple of seconds for most plays.

Then, in the draft - defense, defense, defense.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    that, sir, simply brilliant.

Blog Entries

Also, I think Denver are likely to franchise tag Clady anyway.

Ryan Clady at LT.

Or jake Long, who as rumored, may be available.

But for real, my next year's line wishlist is:

ABO(anyone but Oher)- Oher-Gino-Yanda-Osemele

It will never happen though. No one in this coaching staff will ever have that much humility to relegate Oher to guard.

Another thing poeple are not talking enough about, is that if it were not for Ray Rice's 4th and 29 conversion, Oher would have directly cost us back to back games with sack-fumbles. He's also lucky he recovered that one. Anyone who says that Lt's don't make much of a difference don't watch closely.

I agree with the poster that stated that ON HIS BEST DAY Oher is an average LT. I will expand it to say that on his worst days(most) he is bottom third or worse.

The people talking about not needing a great LT site NO and NYG, both of whom have passers with lightening quick releases and develop much better short passing rhythym with CROSSING ROUTES over the middle.

Blog Entries

If I recall correctly, our cap situation next year may be WORSE than it was this year. So I'd probably throw out any solution involving a trade or high priced FA signing. We're looking at Bobbie Williams type moves in FA.

LT: Oher should be done there. I'm pretty certain he's proved he's not the answer there, nor will he ever be. This is where I'd look for one in the draft. I hate pegging a need, but you're not going to get a stalwart LT in a cheap FA deal. You HAVE to push all in and just position to take a solid stud at LT.

LG: Did Jah Reid earn a chance to win the spot next year? I'm honestly asking because I can't tell. Ramon Harewood and Bobbie Williams both showed they weren't up to the task. Maybe another low priced scrap heap guy can step in and be the amazing solution, but I doubt it. KO or Reid are my bets.

C: Gradkowski. For better or worse, that's what's going to happen. Birk shouldn't be out there another year. And you're not going to be able to bring in a solid vet, so might as well throw the rookie to the wolves and see what he's made of.

RG: Yanda

RT: Not sure...if KO plays well at LG, do you move Oher BACK, AGAIN to RT? Or do you say KO is better at RT and maybe move OHER to LG? Oher is under contract one more year, so he's in the plans somewhere. Jah Reid at RT is probably done. Ramon Harewood could be an idea, but if he couldn't cut it at LG, why would he be better at RT?

The real issue is that we're going to be handcuffed on making a move to bring someone in. Whoever we get is going to be draft picks (and I can't see us taking any more than 2 OL in the draft in one year) and low-grade vets.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I would have wood if we ever get clady here. That aint happening Clady want big money and Manning play is solidifying clady getting break the bank money.