Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I think the McKinnie/Gaither crowd may be some of the most dramatic posters I've ever seen.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: FILMSTUDY: Offensive line model and notes vs. Steelers 12/2/12

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think the McKinnie ship has sailed some time ago. He doesn't even try when he comes on the field.
    And he's still better than Oher. Oher is garbage. Look I understand finding a great LT is hard, almost as much as finding a good QB. But damn I'd even take middle of the road at this point and unfortunatly Pher isn't even that. He's bottom third. I would've rather they tried KO or Reid over there than move Oher back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the McKinnie/Gaither crowd may be some of the most dramatic posters I've ever seen.

The problem is. Oher cant hold either of their jocks.

Oh really? I just see it more as John Harbaugh trying to force his 1st round draft pick into becoming Jon Ogden

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    And he's still better than Oher. Oher is garbage. Look I understand finding a great LT is hard, almost as much as finding a good QB. But damn I'd even take middle of the road at this point and unfortunatly Pher isn't even that. He's bottom third. I would've rather they tried KO or Reid over there than move Oher back.
    I agree that oher isn't a lt. He has a lot more bad games then good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post

Please, show me where I was wrong in anything I said.

Im becoming a broken record asking that damn question. Everyone around here literally just has some derogatory remark about something, but never backs up their "argument." Its basically, "youre wrong, Im right - because I said so."
    Hang on there chappy.

I didnt say you were wrong or right.

Literally everyone on this board who is pro McKinnie and/or anti Oher has some over the top conspiracy that they are either purposely not playing him to avoid paying more money to him OR because they dont like him and dont want him playing in their sand box anymore.

Fact - they wanted him to lose more weight and get into better shape than he was last year.
    Fact - he didnt achieve that. That is why they held him out during OTA's.
    Fact - he not only failed to show up on time to training camp, but the guy also didnt even notify them of what was going on.
    Fact - he had his chiropractor call Harbs and tell him that he would report soon and was resting his back because he slipped and fell right before training camp.
    Fact - when he reported to training camp he was not in good shape and was still hurt, ergo he couldn't practice nor play in any games until the 3rd pre season game IIRC.
    Fact - KO played pretty damn well at RT during pre-season. They werent expecting that. They were expecting him to play LG.
    Fact - Oher played pretty well this pre-season at LT and unlike McKinnie was in excellent shape and could handle the rigors of a high paced up tempo offense.
    Fact - McKinnie is by far the better tackle, but hasnt put forth any effort whatsoever to make the coaches reconsider the starting OL.

Those are the real reasons why McKinnie is riding the pine. Whether or not folks want to accept it, that's the way it is.

Is Oher great? Hell no. But he is in great shape, wants to get better, and is reliable. He has also improved greatly in a lot of aspects.

Again, I think if Harbs or Cam or whoever were to just straight up go with the sugar huddle O, we would all see that Oher is a fairly decent LT in that style of offense.

Blog Entries

Oh really? I just see it more as John Harbaugh trying to force his 1st round draft pick into becoming Jon Ogden
    Haha. Ok.

You're probably right. Why would any coach actually want to field the best team? To hell with that. If you are not one of the boys, you dont play. Doesn't matter how much effort you put into it because if the coach doesnt like you then you wont play.

Makes sense.

Hang on there chappy.

I didnt say you were wrong or right.

Literally everyone on this board who is pro McKinnie and/or anti Oher has some over the top conspiracy that they are either purposely not playing him to avoid paying more money to him OR because they dont like him and dont want him playing in their sand box anymore.

Fact - they wanted him to lose more weight and get into better shape than he was last year.
    Fact - he didnt achieve that. That is why they held him out during OTA's.
    Fact - he not only failed to show up on time to training camp, but the guy also didnt even notify them of what was going on.
    Fact - he had his chiropractor call Harbs and tell him that he would report soon and was resting his back because he slipped and fell right before training camp.
    Fact - when he reported to training camp he was not in good shape and was still hurt, ergo he couldn't practice nor play in any games until the 3rd pre season game IIRC.
    Fact - KO played pretty damn well at RT during pre-season. They werent expecting that. They were expecting him to play LG.
    Fact - Oher played pretty well this pre-season at LT and unlike McKinnie was in excellent shape and could handle the rigors of a high paced up tempo offense.
    Fact - McKinnie is by far the better tackle, but hasnt put forth any effort whatsoever to make the coaches reconsider the starting OL.

Those are the real reasons why McKinnie is riding the pine. Whether or not folks want to accept it, that's the way it is.

Is Oher great? Hell no. But he is in great shape, wants to get better, and is reliable. He has also improved greatly in a lot of aspects.

Again, I think if Harbs or Cam or whoever were to just straight up go with the sugar huddle O, we would all see that Oher is a fairly decent LT in that style of offense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...re-ravens-camp

It seems as if the ravens organization doesnt think LT's are allowed to be injured

Blog Entries

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...re-ravens-camp

It seems as if the ravens organization doesnt think LT's are allowed to be injured
    He lost weight right after the season and was able to get the roster bonus, which was $500k.

However, when he reported to OTA's it was evident that he had lost weight, but hadnt really been working on getting into shape.

There is a difference.

At the end of the day, McKinnie just isnt reliable, takes plays off, and generally isnt interested in playing. Hell, even his own teammates have made statements that they don't even believe he really likes playing football, but it is easy money for him.

I was stoked when they signed him last year and I was really hoping that he would get it together enough to be a fixture for a few years, but you cant make a 33 year old man give a shit if he doesnt want to.

Until very recently I felt that this team's best OL configuration had Oher at LT and McKinnie on the bench. However, the reasons that I believed made that our best OL are no longer valid.

Oher has not improved at all. Birk has been bad this year and is trending even further downward. They're not even running a no-huddle, uptempo offense anymore (I believe they've taken no more than 4 or 5 snaps out of the no-huddle since the bye.) This situation is approaching critical mass. I think currently our 5 best offensive linemen are, in this order: Yanda, Osemele, McKinnie, Oher, Reid. Is there a way to assemble an OL of our 5 best players?

LT-McKinnie LG-Reid C-Yanda RG-Osemele RT-Oher

I'm sure Osemele could kick inside to right guard at a high level. Yanda took snaps at center in the past and I'm sure he's able to play the position. Oher is best at RT, Reid has been acceptable at LG, and McKinnie is this team's best LT.

Blog Entries
    Remember that was against the #1 defense

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Until very recently I felt that this team's best OL configuration had Oher at LT and McKinnie on the bench. However, the reasons that I believed made that our best OL are no longer valid.

Oher has not improved at all. Birk has been bad this year and is trending even further downward. They're not even running a no-huddle, uptempo offense anymore (I believe they've taken no more than 4 or 5 snaps out of the no-huddle since the bye.) This situation is approaching critical mass. I think currently our 5 best offensive linemen are, in this order: Yanda, Osemele, McKinnie, Oher, Reid. Is there a way to assemble an OL of our 5 best players?

LT-McKinnie LG-Reid C-Yanda RG-Osemele RT-Oher

I'm sure Osemele could kick inside to right guard at a high level. Yanda took snaps at center in the past and I'm sure he's able to play the position. Oher is best at RT, Reid has been acceptable at LG, and McKinnie is this team's best LT.
    YES, this is what I have been saying too.

Our best possible line would be just that, you get all the weak links out and now you have a big tough unit up front. Yanda isn't going to get pushed back at center, Jah Reid has shown that he has great potential at guard, and KO is a future star. Oher can be a good RT, and McKinnie isn't great but in pass pro he can give Joe more time than what Oher can.