Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: FILMSTUDY: Offensive line model and notes vs. Steelers 12/2/12

I'm not saying the gameplan couldn't have been more efficient, but I have yet to hear anyone bring up the previous two weeks schedule in regards to this loss. Sunday night road trip at Steelers, WC trip to SD that goes almost to the end of OT, and then another Steelers game. No one expected 3-0 from this 3 week stretch until Big ben went down. Maybe fatigue played a part in their focus?

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Film, this was even better than usual.

Back OT . . . the OL. Very poor performance from Birk and Oher. I suppose we can BLAME CAM, because he is in charge of the O overall and thus is Moeller's boss, but forget the blame. The OL is the foundation and our is cracked. Sure, Joe takes too much time to throw, but the O line sometimes gives too little time for ANYONE to throw. And the O line is partially to blame for too many 2nd and 8s and 9s -- Rice often runs into a wall instead of a hole, because there ARE NO holes. Then Joe is forced to throw,and the D knows it, and the O line can't give him enough time, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Assuming we resign Flacco (I'm for it) we need to give him even better suppport than he has now. That means a better O line.
    While fair to a point, good OC's adjust by max protecting or calling shorter patterns.

Nice to see Osemele play a great game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't disagree with you that there are some circumstances, but at the time who was better on the team? Anthony Wright? Well, Billick went with him for quite some time. Billick also went with Steve McNair for a few seasons too. So, he obviously saw an issue and tried to adjust.

I legitimately think - wrong or right - that Harbaugh feels that McKinnie is not one of the 5 best OL'men on the team.
    During one of our down years and a good slot in the first round why didn't they pull the trigger on a QB? I could always look and see who was available and so on but they didn't, UNTIL Boller's contract was up than they wen't with McNair. But Billick stuck by Boller, mif I remember Wright only played when Boller was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Fact - they wanted him to lose more weight and get into better shape than he was last year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...re-ravens-camp

It seems as if the ravens organization doesnt think LT's are allowed to be injured
    Come on man. Gaither got uninjured long enough to sign a long term contract with SD and suddenly had mysterious back injuries again, And Mckinnie is such a slug MINN cut him and can't work hard even with the irs UP HIS ASS. Like the team has no chiropractors. PUHlease dont tell me u r buying any of that shinola

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Coaches need to play their best players. They get fired very quickly these days. The Seahawks traded for a QB, paid him good money and then cut him despite that investment. They then paid up for one of the top free agents QBs on the market. They ended up going with a rookie 3rd round pick. It didn't matter how much the spent in cap and picks for the other guys. Carroll needed to win so he played the guy he thought gave him the best chance to win.

I completely agree with you that is what Harbaugh is doing with McKinnie. He feels that he has better options and so he's going with them.
    Um, what are the better options at LT and don't say Oher because he cost us again today, that's two weeks in a row he cost us plus the Philly game. In fact, the guy who did him today studied Harrison's moves last week and copied them 100%.

And with Jah's penalties and mistakes and
    starting us at 1st and 15??? Talk about
    inconsistencies.

Come on man. These are not better options.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Um, what are the better options at LT and don't say Oher because he cost us again today, that's two weeks in a row he cost us. In fact, the guy who did him today studied Harrison's moves
    last week and copied them 100%.

And with Jah's penalties and mistakes and
    starting us at 1st and 15???

Come on man. These are not better options.
    I'm not saying they are better options. What I'm saying is that Harbaugh believes they are his best available options. Harbaugh is playing the guys that he thinks gives him the best chance to win. That doesn't mean he's right or wrong.

Blog Entries

Whew! Thanks for clarifying that.

I know you better than that, man.

It's what HARBs thinks but he was definitely
    wrong the last 2 weeks and in Philly. ILMAO