Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 133
  1. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,159
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore



    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm glad to see Pat Shurmur getting some mentions in here. That's the guy I would want. When you look at Cleveland's talent offensively, they seem to be better than they should be, albeit maybe not statistically. I was impressed with the stuff they did in that first game here this year, a game they should have won, and also with how they played between the 20's in the second game, a game they also could have won. They stay committed to running the ball and they work off that in the passing game...how the Ravens should be playing offense. I would be pleased if they brought in Shurmur.

    Concerning Norv...no. If they are going to break from Cam, break from that system entirely and go a different direction.
    I'm liking the Shurmur option more and more. He also did some good things with Bradford.




  2. #86

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Wonder if Jason Garrett would be available next year....




    So, for all the "let's fire Cam" people (and I've felt that too, lemme tell you) how would they feel knowing that vacancies in the staff here have traditionally been filled from in house via promotion, etc, meaning you could get the drunk for an OC instead?
    There is absolutely no one on the Ravens offensive coaching staff who jumps out at me as a possible OC candidate. The only assistant coaches who are any good at all are Wade Harman (TEs coach, longest tenured Ravens assistant, did a great job coaching up Todd Heap and on his way to another great job with Pitta) and Jim Caldwell. Harman is not an option as he has no play calling experience whatsoever. I like Caldwell and think he COULD be an option, but his only real play calling experience was in the college ranks with Wake Forest and Penn State. I don't know what the organization thinks of Caldwell as an option.

    The thought that the Ravens might retain Cam Cameron next year brings me great distress. The thought of them promoting one of our terrible offensive assistant coaches brings me almost as great distress. As one of the Evangelists (from the Greek "evangelion," for "bearer of good news"), you are not living up to your name, Saint Matthew.




  3. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    There is absolutely no one on the Ravens offensive coaching staff who jumps out at me as a possible OC candidate. The only assistant coaches who are any good at all are Wade Harman (TEs coach, longest tenured Ravens assistant, did a great job coaching up Todd Heap and on his way to another great job with Pitta) and Jim Caldwell. Harman is not an option as he has no play calling experience whatsoever. I like Caldwell and think he COULD be an option, but his only real play calling experience was in the college ranks with Wake Forest and Penn State. I don't know what the organization thinks of Caldwell as an option.

    The thought that the Ravens might retain Cam Cameron next year brings me great distress. The thought of them promoting one of our terrible offensive assistant coaches brings me almost as great distress. As one of the Evangelists (from the Greek "evangelion," for "bearer of good news"), you are not living up to your name, Saint Matthew.
    Jim Caldwell would be the obvious choice if they decide to stay in house.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #88
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

    PLEASE PAY JAY GRUDEN WHATEVER HE WANTS,.....pretty please




  5. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arbutus
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

    Unfortunately for me, they don't allow apostrophe's in usernames....




  6. #90

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, but now that Flacco has a lot of experience against a lot of tough defenses, bringing in a young/1st time offensive coordinator may not necessarily be a bad thing.
    Oh, I don't necessarily disagree - depending on who it might be, I guess.

    I just think that the Ravens brass is/has been more interested in a veteran OC.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  7. #91

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    PLEASE PAY JAY GRUDEN WHATEVER HE WANTS,.....pretty please
    Jay Gruden is under contract with the Bengals for next year, and beyond, so it doesn't matter how much money we may want to offer him!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  8. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Jay Gruden is under contract with the Bengals for next year, and beyond, so it doesn't matter how much money we may want to offer him!
    And unless he was coming here to be the HC, the Bengals would absolutely block any attempt for a lateral move to a divisional rival.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #93

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

    So just curiously, what will the excuses for Flacco be once we have a new OC? Will it be scheme again? Harbaugh's coaching? WRs? or OL?

    Just curious.

    I do agree that we will see a change in OC. We have to if for no other reason than that is just what happens as a side of the ball grows stagnant. I do not agree that it will inherently lead to better QB play which is the single biggest thing holding this offense back right now.




  10. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    6,172
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

    fuck no!! don't want him don't want no more CROYELL no MORE AIR CROYELL!!!!




  11. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Dirty Burnie
    Posts
    282

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    There is absolutely no one on the Ravens offensive coaching staff who jumps out at me as a possible OC candidate. The only assistant coaches who are any good at all are Wade Harman (TEs coach, longest tenured Ravens assistant, did a great job coaching up Todd Heap and on his way to another great job with Pitta) and Jim Caldwell. Harman is not an option as he has no play calling experience whatsoever. I like Caldwell and think he COULD be an option, but his only real play calling experience was in the college ranks with Wake Forest and Penn State. I don't know what the organization thinks of Caldwell as an option.

    The thought that the Ravens might retain Cam Cameron next year brings me great distress. The thought of them promoting one of our terrible offensive assistant coaches brings me almost as great distress. As one of the Evangelists (from the Greek "evangelion," for "bearer of good news"), you are not living up to your name, Saint Matthew.
    Wilbert Montgomery ? I remember him making a suggestion to cam last year that worked, forget the game, and situation though. Always liked him as a player.




  12. #96

    Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Oh, I don't necessarily disagree - depending on who it might be, I guess.

    I just think that the Ravens brass is/has been more interested in a veteran OC.
    I do think experience will be where they'll lean. I think as long as it's someone that brings versatility, aggression, sound adjustments, etc. i wouldn't worry as much about the experience factor calling plays but it's easy for me to type that without being charged to make such a pivotal decision, especially with Flacco's contract looming. That alone makes me think it will be a veteran, as long as it's someone that can add those factors im all for whoever it is, regardless of scheme.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland