Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't often agree with landspeed.

However if you go to the Chargers board, they whine and complain about Norv just as much if not more than we do about Cam, yet you all somehow think the grass is greener? I want a Kubiak type OC, I'm just not sure who though... Imagine how productive Rice could be in that unstoppable ZBS that they run.
    Kubiak coached under Shanahan for years. Not too many run that system because it's very personnel specific or it doesn't work. Honestly Flacco isn't mobile enough to play in that system. You need a QB like Ben or Rodgers who can move laterally. You also need someone with great pocket awareness.

Flacco can't do any of those things. He needs to focus on getting rid of the ball quicker to open guys. That's exactly what the West Coast Offense is all about. More options to throw the ball to creating a lot less time from drop back to the release of the ball. Brett Favre proved that you can still go deep and that a big arm works great in a West Coast system. That's the fit for Flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Kubiak coached under Shanahan for years. Not too many run that system because it's very personnel specific or it doesn't work. Honestly Flacco isn't mobile enough to play in that system. You need a QB like Ben or Rodgers who can move laterally. You also need someone with great pocket awareness.

Flacco can't do any of those things. He needs to focus on getting rid of the ball quicker to open guys. That's exactly what the West Coast Offense is all about. More options to throw the ball to creating a lot less time from drop back to the release of the ball. Brett Favre proved that you can still go deep and that a big arm works great in a West Coast system. That's the fit for Flacco
    id agree. Favre is a great example of how WCO can work even better for strong armed QBs and still going deep. Having short tight windows give his big arm an ability to fit those balls in. With Favre he trusted his arm too much. With Flacco already being used to tight windows but 30 yards downfield I cant imagine his results wouldnt be better, at least as far as INTs.
    -JAB

He (CAM) was the Indiana University (IU) head football coach from 1997-2001 and they fired him there after posting a 18W-37L record. He has very solid credentials as a mediocre football coach!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I was hoping a few years ago that his alma matter, Indiana, would come calling for him.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Next season, this team needs a philosophy change on offense in order to take advantage of the talent they have.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I would do anything to have an offensive system like the Texans...
    Karl Dorrell.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

And Matt Schaub is?

I agree that he needs to focus on getting the ball out quicker to open guys. The problem is no one is open!

If you could arrange it to appear in John Harbaugh's dreams as the voice of "Christmas Future" we would all be very grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    Next season, this team needs a philosophy change on offense in order to take advantage of the talent they have.

Blog Entries

The only reason why I am hoping they make a change to someone different than Norv Turner is because I don't believe a retread is the way to go. I mean, if they are adamant about getting a known commodity, Norv Turner wouldn't be a bad choice. However, I'd much rather see them go after a younger guy who will bring a fresh approach and a desire to make a name for himself.

That's why I keep thinking about Joe Lombardi and Karl Dorrell. Both have a lot of experience in modern offenses.

Norv never coached with John or his father. He never played with his brother. No way John Harbaugh hires anyone with those flaws to be OC.
    Sadly, I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    If you could arrange it to appear in John Harbaugh's dreams as the voice of "Christmas Future" we would all be very grateful!
    If what is happening before Harbaugh's eyes won't change him, I have little hope that my intervention into his dreams will make a difference either. He would just chalk up the dream as a flashback to his days of Ouija board fun as a teenager with brother Jim.

What was Chuck Pagano's connection to the Harbaughs?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Norv never coached with John or his father. He never played with his brother. No way John Harbaugh hires anyone with those flaws to be OC.

Our best chance of getting a good OC after the season is for Harbs best friend, Pat Shurmur, being fired from the Browns.

He only hires his buddies. Hell he wont even fire the OL coach who is a drunk to say the least because they went to High School together!