Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

http://http://profootballtalk.nbcspo...th-and-turner/

Norv Turner fired in San Diego per PFT, along with GM AJ Smith.

Ozzie, get a handshake deal with this guy in place RIGHT NOW.

Blog Entries
    Sign him ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Norv Turner, Welcome to Baltimore

Norv is Cam 2.0.
    No Thanks

Blog Entries

I once thought this, but the Air Coryell needs to be junked right out of the NFL along with its disciples.

Blog Entries

AC offense, will produce slightly better results, nothing major though. This isn't the 90's anymore.

wont be much of an upgrade over Cam. I belive Cam was Norv's OC in San Diego at one point

Just watch this Dribble and wellllllll

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...8-03b1eed8035c

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

The Air Coryell offense absolutely can work in the NFL. Bruce Arians runs a Coryell variant offense, Peyton Manning runs a Coryell variant offense, as does Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans, and others. The Kurt Warner Rams ran a Coryell variant as well to some success. Possibly the greatest NFL offense of all time.

The problem is not the Coryell specifically, but rather Cam Cameron's version of it... which has not grown or changed AT ALL with the times. Cam is running Don Coryell's offense, but his proteges have adapted it and made it modern.

The best thing about signing Norv is that the terminology and general system is the same, so it would be a smooth transition. It's just infinitely more modern and complex.

Fact of the matter is, how many proven offensive coordinators are there? With Norv, we get a system we're already familiar with and an oc who is proven. At the very least it'll be an improvement on what we have.

I doubt that the Ravens are going looking for new ocs with no experience or track record

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    It seems to me a lot of the people around here who want Cam gone want Norv here instead?

Come on, they are the same person. They have the same offense, same philosophy.

We need to move AWAY from this philosophy as a whole.
    Umm. No.

Cam is a Norv wanna be. There is nothing in Cam's game that's like Norv.

Cam can claim all he wants he has and AC system in place, but he hasn't fielded a true AC offense since his one year in Miami.

The AC offense is a great counter to the zone blitz and since we see that defense twice every year, it only makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Umm. No.

Cam is a Norv wanna be. There is nothing in Cam's game that's like Norv.

Cam can claim all he wants he has and AC system in place, but he hasn't fielded a true AC offense since his one year in Miami.

The AC offense is a great counter to the zone blitz and since we see that defense twice every year, it only makes sense.

Question should be, what's not wrong with Norv Turner. He's way worse than Cam Cameron. Guy doesn't adapt to defensive schemes. Predictable on offense. Sure he's had success with deep passes, TE plays and screens, but once people figure him out he can easily be out coached.

Take it from us Charger fans. Stay the fuck away from Norv Turner.
    straight from a chargers fan, with just about all of them backing him up.

I guess Im making it up though.

I like Norv better than Cam, but I also think that if some of you think he is going to come here and bring anything innovative, you are mistaken.

I find it funny that nobody here is putting any blame on Norv for Rivers decline...despite Rivers still being in the age range of a QB's prime in today's NFL. When Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates stopped dominating other teams secondaries, Norv hasn't been able to get the same production. IMHO, some of Rivers apparent decline has to be laid at the feet of Norv.

IMHO, we should go after an offensive coach from the Shanahan/Kubiak coaching tree...Shanahan was a master of creating and taking advantage of matchups.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.