View Poll Results: Will the Ravens win the AFC North?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 79.63%
  • No

11 20.37%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Will the Ravens win the AFC North?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    If the Ravens lose out, they're 9-7. If Pitt and Cin each lose once, they're 10-6. I'd like to know what scenario would allow a 9-7 team to to still win it. (Did you mean to type if Pitt and Cin each lose TWICE? That would make sense; but not each of them losing once.)
    Nope screwed up the simple math. save that first part for next week...

i still think the likelihood we lose out is minimal and add to that the fact they would have to win out is just as unlikely. Theres a reason they lost to bad teams even before Roethlisberger went down.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    No, they played pretty bad.

Struggling to beat a pittsburgh team with charlie batch, 3rd string running back, a hobbled O-line, a hobbled troy polamalu, no ike taylor and no lamarr woodley?

Thats actually horrible.
    Dwyer should be their #1. Mendenhall is gimpy, Redman too slow. Dwyer has a wicked spin move when he hits a wall at the line. And it pains me, but hats off to the Pitts. OL. Patchwork, maybe - but they gave Batch enough time to do what he could.
    Sucks to lose @ home, within the division, and vs. the Yinzers, but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Nope screwed up the simple math. save that first part for next week...

i still think the likelihood we lose out is minimal and add to that the fact they would have to win out is just as unlikely. Theres a reason they lost to bad teams even before Roethlisberger went down.
    I agree. I was just trying to figure out the math. I think the Ravens WILL win the division; no doubt about it. (I just can't vote in the poll; must be a board rule for newbies or something.)

With their lead its almost mathematically impossible not to win the division. Pitt and Cincy still play each other. What is the scenario for the Ravens to lose? Cincy would have to win out beating us and Pittsburgh along the way? I don't see that happening. As bad as the Ravens look at times they are a better team than Cincinnatti.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    With their lead its almost mathematically impossible not to win the division. Pitt and Cincy still play each other. What is the scenario for the Ravens to lose?
    I wouldn't characterize it as "almost mathematically impossible". I'll agree it's unlikely that the Ravens lose the division, but it's very possible mathematically:

If Steelers win out against San Diego, Dallas, Cincy, & Cleveland (all games except Dallas at the Ketchup Bowl), OR

IF Cincy wins out against Dallas, Philly, Pittsburgh, and the Ravens, AND

If the Ravens lose 3 out of their remaining 4 against Washington, NY Giants, Denver, and Cincy...

then we'd lose the division.

Unlikely but certainly possible, as we have the toughest remaining schedule of the three teams. I still think Ravens win the AFCN, but losing it is far from a mathematically impossibility. Week 17 could be mighty interesting in the AFCN.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 12-07-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Blog Entries

YES is the answer (with apologies to John Lennon).