Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: From the top down.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What W-L record are predicting for the last 4?
    GOTA- I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I honestly think the team will go 2-2 in the last 4 games. Some people think they'll go 0-4, however this team has never lost 5 games in a row( counting Pittsburgh ) since Harbaugh has been coach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    GOTA- I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I honestly think the team will go 2-2 in the last 4 games. Some people think they'll go 0-4, however this team has never lost 5 games in a row( counting Pittsburgh ) since Harbaugh has been coach.
    I agree. My prediction is also 2-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    Part of my concern though is how slow it seems for Joe to get rid of the ball. There are times that he seems to look for the WR to make a cut or get separation before he lets it go. For a quick pace you need to let it go before the receiver moves so that his separation is just as he changes his pattern.... He sometimes seems to be in slow motion, which leaves him vulnerable for the sack/strip.
    True Dat. He has always waited too long for his targets to get separation (which was particularly hard for aging receivers like Mason & Heap). Sometimes he needs to throw the ball not to, his receivers, but to where they will be. That's part of the elusive definition of "elite QB": the success w/ timing patterns of a Brees, a Brady, a Goober, etc. Script some quick releases - maybe start w/ the bubble screen to Jones or Smith.

Joe can quickly become a statue in the pocket. One of my pet peeves is his reluctance to sprint & slide for 5-10 yds. when the defense/pass rush gives it to them (say in the 4Q last Sunday?). I would be interested to know if he is counselled against such runs, or if it is his call to pass up what should be at least one free lunch per game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Sometimes he needs to throw the ball not to, his receivers, but to where they will be. That's part of the elusive definition of "elite QB": the success w/ timing patterns of a Brees, a Brady, a Goober, etc.
    Dincha get the memo? Cam's version of Air Coryell doesn't allow for that. Instead of sharp cuts creating separation, receivers are spozeta "bend" their routes, which means a decent DB can stay on them like glue.
    Script some quick releases - maybe start w/ the bubble screen to Jones or Smith.
    Makes sense. Bet these are already in the playbook but they're "saving" them for the playoffs. I hope someone pulls them out if they can't steal a win without them in the next couple of weeks.
    Joe can quickly become a statue in the pocket. One of my pet peeves is his reluctance to sprint & slide for 5-10 yds. when the defense/pass rush gives it to them (say in the 4Q last Sunday?). I would be interested to know if he is counselled against such runs, or if it is his call to pass up what should be at least one free lunch per game.
    Look who his backup is--what do you think?? Of course he's been told not to run & give the defense a free shot at him in the open field--he goes down & the season is over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    What specifically about him do you miss?

It wasn't Matsko. It's not like he's lighting the world on fire in Carolina. In fact their o-line sucks.

The Ravens just had a lot more talent on the line when he was around. Jason Brown, Gaither (when he tried) and Grubbs provided a hell of a lot more options than what's on the roster now.
    I agree.

Too bad Jonathan Ogden has no interest in coaching.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We should be 0-16 according to him, I question his loyalty as a Ravens fan.
    I think it might be one of those "if it works, it isn't crazy." He's been predicting a Ravens implosion pretty much from Day 1, and they're sitting atop the AFC North with the inside track to repeat as champs for the first time in Ravens history. Why quit now?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ex, totally agree with you here in regards to the Oline. If we're going all in on Joe, we need to give him better protection and improve the run power scheme that worked so well from 08 to 09.
    Protect the quarterback? That hasn't happened in Baltimore since Testaverde was here. Boller played behind a run blocking line. JO was great at both pass blocking and run blocking (and he still looks good. I wonder if his toe has healed. <grin>)
    Al

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    Protect the quarterback? That hasn't happened in Baltimore since Testaverde was here. Boller played behind a run blocking line. JO was great at both pass blocking and run blocking (and he still looks good. I wonder if his toe has healed. <grin>)
    Watch 08 and 09 again, our Oline was out of this world in those two years. That's the kind of Oline I want back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    :word

It's mind boggling. It seems like the coaching staff doesn't want to fully commit to running a no huddle, and they pulled the plug as soon as they hit a bump in the road.
    I've made about a half dozen threads about this over the past fiscal year. They do this all of the time. When they can front run with it, they're fine. When they hit a bump in the road, they get nervous, conservative and take the offense right out of Flacco's hands (What little was in his hands to begin with), only to give it back to him to save the day when they have no choice.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I've made about a half dozen threads about this over the past fiscal year. They do this all of the time. When they can front run with it, they're fine. When they hit a bump in the road, they get nervous, conservative and take the offense right out of Flacco's hands (What little was in his hands to begin with), only to give it back to him to save the day when they have no choice.
    I agree. This philosophy needs to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk