Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I thought the reason Ngata put on some weight this past offseason was because he thought that his playing weight was too light last year, which caused him to get hurt last year?
    I think that was his plan, sure.

But I just can't see how adding the weight he did would help with injuries.

Even the addition of 10 lbs can put a ton of strain on weak joints.

Blog Entries

Re: Will Haloti Rebound?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Okay, guys. Go back and re-watch the game tape, paying close attention to the line play, of the last 3 games. Ngata isn't getting double teamed anymore. He's getting taken out of plays completely by single blocks. That doesn't mean he's doing NOTHING, but he's just not the dominant force he used to be and other teams know that, hence the fact that they're not even bothering to double him anymore.

The ONLY guy on the Ravens DL who's really seeing double teams at all right now is Kruger, and that's usually an OT and TE. Part of the reason why teams are running so well on the Ravens is that they can just single-block the DL, send the C to the second level, and control any blitzers with backfield protection. You've got to actually watch the games, the tape don't lie...
    This. He hasn't been a factor for a season and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This. He hasn't been a factor for a season and a half.
    You obviously didnt watch his "healthy" games the first 4 or so each of the last two years, when he was absolutely at DPOY levels.

The complaint that he can't keep that up, I see as valid, as he's playing too many snaps and often hurt. He continues to play through that, at an above average level. No, he can't keep completely DOMINATING game after game with major injruies... sorry guys, he's human.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    You obviously didnt watch his "healthy" games the first 4 or so each of the last two years, when he was absolutely at DPOY levels.

The complaint that he can't keep that up, I see as valid, as he's playing too many snaps and often hurt. He continues to play through that, at an above average level. No, he can't keep completely DOMINATING game after game with major injruies... sorry guys, he's human.
    Dude, don't, as soon as someone has a tough stretch, he'll make this contract look stupid and will be cut pretty soon. :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't forget about Webb. And Sergio Kindle of course... oh wait.
    I am thinking that Upshaw is going to be a really really good player for the Ravens for a long time if he stays healthy.

Ngata definitely isn't getting the push he used to and that knee is probably the major cause. I can't imagine being his weight and having an MCL feel like mine did and being able to move as well as he does, much less at the level we are hoping to see from him. Until that knee heals, he is what he is, and that is a guy that can be blocked by most guards and tackles in the NFL one on one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Dude, relax. I accounted for the first 4 games of 2011. He had a decent stretch to start out this season, but not at the 2011 level, IMO. Ok, so he's had 6 to 8 good games out of the last 28. Like I said he's been MIA for a season and half.

Blog Entries

Minus the Skins game the next couple of teams are not run first teams anyway. I think they need to shut him down for a few weeks, hopefully go 2-2 and he will be ready for the playoffs. Look at what Wilfork does in the PO's, he dominates the middle (because he is healthy) if we can rest Ngata now and he gets healthy he will dominate again in the middle and the likes of Brady, Manning, Schaub will not be able to step up as much and hum the ball down field. Ngata is a huge part of this defense and he is playing hurt and a non-factor. Just shut him down....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Okay, guys. Go back and re-watch the game tape, paying close attention to the line play, of the last 3 games. Ngata isn't getting double teamed anymore. He's getting taken out of plays completely by single blocks. That doesn't mean he's doing NOTHING, but he's just not the dominant force he used to be and other teams know that, hence the fact that they're not even bothering to double him anymore.

The ONLY guy on the Ravens DL who's really seeing double teams at all right now is Kruger, and that's usually an OT and TE. Part of the reason why teams are running so well on the Ravens is that they can just single-block the DL, send the C to the second level, and control any blitzers with backfield protection. You've got to actually watch the games, the tape don't lie...
    I rewatched the game, there where several plays he was double team. There where also plays he wasn't were he almost throw Pouncey on his ass.

There were plays were he was double team he did nothing, some he did something and plays were he wasn't double team were he did something or nothing.

Also, I saw a few plays ( I did not watch the line every play) where Jones got double teamed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Dude, relax. I accounted for the first 4 games of 2011. He had a decent stretch to start out this season, but not at the 2011 level, IMO. Ok, so he's had 6 to 8 good games out of the last 28. Like I said he's been MIA for a season and half.
    that is simply NOT CLOSE to an accurate portaylal of his last two seasons. MIA? On a bum knee the guy is better then almost every other DT in football.

Ill add this:

Haloti Ngata is not injured.

Remember when Ed Reed was injured this year and complained about it? He wasnt on the injury report, the team was then fined.

If Haloti Ngata was injured, he would be on the injury report.

Something else is wrong here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Ill add this:

Haloti Ngata is not injured.

Remember when Ed Reed was injured this year and complained about it? He wasnt on the injury report, the team was then fined.

If Haloti Ngata was injured, he would be on the injury report.

Something else is wrong here.
    I am not positive, but if the player doesnt report the injury, does the team still have to report it?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I am not positive, but if the player doesnt report the injury, does the team still have to report it?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Pretty sure the league doesn't care.

Didn't they get fined because Reed said he was injured in an interview?
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold