Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: This could be the last run and shot for certain players

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I can see Ed Reed in a Patriot Jersey next year, the allure of the ring with Brady and Belicheck will be too great to say no to, and from a football perspective, that is what the Patriots defense needs, a wily veteran.
    I feel that way too. It sickens me to say it, but after the Pitt loss I said to myself, "I hope Reed signs with the Patriots next year so that he gets his shot to win a Super Bowl." I admire the man too much to see him not get a ring.

It pains me to admit it, but I think Reed back there could actually be what pushes them over the hump that they've had these past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Just remember that recent SB champions where in a a very similar situation to us, and sometimes worse at this point of the season.

I have not lost hope!
    I think one of the posters in another threat pointed out something about that. Essentially, the recent super bowls have a coach that trusted his quarterback at the time. So, the situation is not entirely similar when examine closer.

Yes, we have been plagued with inconsistencies and injuries as to previous super bowl winners, but I don't think our coach/qb relationship is anywhere near that of the previous winners.

Like you, I desperately want those guys to win a ring, at least. I hope we somehow sign Heap to the roster or something, so that he can get a ring too. I could say the same about other players, JJ, Mason, etc. as they have done so much for us. Not just football wise, but to the city of Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Which is yet another reason that I'm pissed at Cam squandering another season. I want to plat to win, not this don't lose bullshit.
    Yes, Cam is incompetent as OC. But it's is Harbaugh's fault for keeping him for this long.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think that group's best chance to win a Super Bowl was last season (I would add Redding and JJ to that list). I don't see the Ravens getting to Festivus Maximus this year.
    Agreed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    Yes, Cam is incompetent as OC. But it's is Harbaugh's fault for keeping him for this long.
    I do not disagree.

Blog Entries

There are no great teams in football, and definitely not the AFC. Houston and Denver will both be tough in the playoffs, especially if the Ravens have to play away against them, but they aren't unbeatable.

The Denver game here at The Vault is going to be huge, though.

I can see Ed Reed in a Patriot Jersey next year, the allure of the ring with Brady and Belicheck will be too great to say no to, and from a football perspective, that is what the Patriots defense needs, a wily veteran.

This team need luck and really bad performances by the opposition to win a Super Bowl, I don't see it since we can't even manage the clock and challenges right at home.
    Fortunately, Im a Tom Brady fan, so whenever the ravens lose, I will at least root for the patriots. And no, I absolutely did not want the patriots to win last AFCCG under any circumstances.

Blog Entries

This team need luck and really bad performances by the opposition to win a Super Bowl, I don't see it since we can't even manage the clock and challenges right at home.
    Actually, I can see Ed playing for Pagano in Indy before going to the Pats. NE won't pay him a lot, and he loves Pagano.

Blog Entries

because the FO fucked up on the flacco cam situation, now they will franchise flacco which means less money to keep guys like Reed, he'll be in NE and he will get his ring he deserves.

Blog Entries

Well they have all made it to the big dance, our great vets get one more shot at hoisting the lombardi!

Blog Entries

I believe this is the first SB appearance for several of the older vets...

McKinnie, Birk, Ed, Bobby Williams, Leach, Ma'ake, BA, Pollard...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.