Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Wednesday's Injury Status Report: Ravens @ Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Chuck Pagano knew how to use McClain better than Pees does.
    I agree. McClain was a lot better last year. Now he seems completely lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    seems to me that McClain was solid in tackles last year but has fallen off this year. I may go back and look at his numbers but from the eye test that's my initial take.

any word on whether Fletcher or Hall will play?
    All sources say he expects to play. I think that we really need to have Smith test Hall's ankle this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    All sources say he expects to play. I think that we really need to have Smith test Hall's ankle this week.
    the flacco/smith combination is in a slump. smith is not making the tough catch and flacco is wildly inaccurate on the deep ball. ii was hoping the combination would be getting better but they are getting worse.

i watched nfl rewind of the game. flacco had a visible smirk on his face after smith did not make a play in the endone.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    How our opinions on Ellerbe have changed. Another UDFA . . .
    hes always been a beast whenever hes played for us. Never really understood the hate for him.

he never got to play, cause ya know, the doghouse and everything.

over showboating on a pick 6 in a PRE SEASON game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Like Oher, McClain's career would appear to run in no small part on "character issues." He had a similarly harrowing childhood. They gave Jameel the radio helmet @ ILB (Ray's chair) when Ray went down last season, but McClain did out perform Ellerbe in 2011. I know nothing about the relative Wonderlich scores and film study habits between Ellerbe & McClain, In, fairness to Dannell, you had to actually be on the field to perform. The one clear difference between them is that Ellerbe has been doghoused (for things like on-field PFs or missing team meetings, IIRC). So under the Mighty Men doctrine, any tie goes to McClain.

Ask Bryant McKinnie how it works...

As for the injury list. good to see McPhee moving steadily to more playing time (at least he'll be fresh in pass rush or run support). There will be secrets kept this week for sure (Suggsy alone will lead to that). I think there is a good chance of hyperbole and/or misrepresentation on the injury reports this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed
    hes always been a beast whenever hes played for us. Never really understood the hate for him.

he never got to play, cause ya know, the doghouse and everything.

over showboating on a pick 6 in a PRE SEASON game.

God forbid that maybe Ellerbe just took longer to develop, didn't perform well in practice and THOSE were the real reasons why he didn't play.

The whole doghouse criticism is unfounded and tired.

There are plenty of things to go after Harbaugh about, but the whole doghouse bs was thought up by the fanbase who was pissed off because "their" players weren't seeing the field in lieu of other guys...because we as fans have so much insight into the players and how they perform at practice...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Lol, true. Everyone was singing McClain praises last year.
    Really? I can't remember a single person here who said anything all that special about him. The comments we got on him was that he was the 11th best starter on defense and the most easily replaceable. There was a bit of an outburst of relief when we re-signed him, but I think that was predicated more on finally keeping one of our own after watching Grubbs, JJ, Zibby, Ruki, and Redding all land elsewhere.

If I remember correctly, didn't the whole Ellerbe doghouse thing start when he returned a fumble/INT for a TD in the preseason last year and did a flip into the end zone? It seemed like his status from that point on was doomed, and he was even mentioned as a possible casualty of the last round of cut downs. Anyone else remember this?

God forbid that maybe Ellerbe just took longer to develop, didn't perform well in practice and THOSE were the real reasons why he didn't play.

The whole doghouse criticism is unfounded and tired.

There are plenty of things to go after Harbaugh about, but the whole doghouse bs was thought up by the fanbase who was pissed off because "their" players weren't seeing the field in lieu of other guys...because we as fans have so much insight into the players and how they perform at practice...
    What are you talking about?

Willis McGahee literally confirmed that there is a doghouse and he was apart of it.

Anyway, he didnt take longer to develop. Whenever hes on the field, he makes plays and its always been that way with him. Raiders game in 2010 comes to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Really? I can't remember a single person here who said anything all that special about him. The comments we got on him was that he was the 11th best starter on defense and the most easily replaceable. There was a bit of an outburst of relief when we re-signed him, but I think that was predicated more on finally keeping one of our own after watching Grubbs, JJ, Zibby, Ruki, and Redding all land elsewhere.

If I remember correctly, didn't the whole Ellerbe doghouse thing start when he returned a fumble/INT for a TD in the preseason last year and did a flip into the end zone? It seemed like his status from that point on was doomed, and he was even mentioned as a possible casualty of the last round of cut downs. Anyone else remember this?
    Yep, this was exactly my issue.

He showboated on a preseason pick 6. PRE SEASON.

Ever since, hes been in the dog house.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    What are you talking about?

Willis McGahee literally confirmed that there is a doghouse and he was apart of it.
    So, because one disgruntled guy claims there is a dog house makes it so, huh? Could it be that Ray Rice was just a better player at the time and the Ravens were obviously just interested in moving forward with Rice? Plus, by implying someone is in a doghouse, is to imply that the coach doesn't like them or is holding a grudge.

The notion that any coach would rather sit a - potentially - better player and risk losing games because of a personal vendetta is complete and utter hogwash.

If McGahee didn't play (and I honestly can't remember him not ever playing while he was here unless he was injured) it was because of team-penalties for missing meetings, showing up late, etc. That isn't a dog house. That is holding guys accountable and maintaining a standard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Yep, this was exactly my issue.

He showboated on a preseason pick 6. PRE SEASON.

Ever since, hes been in the dog house.
    Harbaugh chewed him out on the sideline.

Ellerbe still played a lot that season.

Dog house = myth.

So, because one disgruntled guy claims there is a dog house makes it so, huh? Could it be that Ray Rice was just a better player at the time and the Ravens were obviously just interested in moving forward with Rice? Plus, by implying someone is in a doghouse, is to imply that the coach doesn't like them or is holding a grudge.

The notion that any coach would rather sit a - potentially - better player and risk losing games because of a personal vendetta is complete and utter hogwash.

If McGahee didn't play (and I honestly can't remember him not ever playing while he was here unless he was injured) it was because of team-penalties for missing meetings, showing up late, etc. That isn't a dog house. That is holding guys accountable and maintaining a standard.
    You are in some serious denial

In 2009 Ellerbe played a snap in 13/16 games

The incident in question was in the 2010 preseason.

In 2010 Ellerbe played a snap in 8/16 games

In 2011 Ellerbe played a snap in 8/16 games

I dont have the exact snap count, but his snaps definitely decreased from 2009 and beyond. Hes been our best LB outside of Ray Lewis since 2009.

But cant seem to be inserted on the field. Ill give him being hurt last year, but that wasnt the case in 2010.

Regardless, Its ridiculous to assume that Willis McGahee lied about the "doghouse" to appease the fans of a franchise who never really appreciated him nor was he apart of any longer.
    Last edited by landspeed; 12-06-2012 at 07:44 PM.