Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: SALARY CAP ANALYSIS: Signs point to franchise tag for Flacco in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Yeah, but they got Tomlin, and he's never lost to a 3rd string QB, but he has lost to (heck, got eliminated by) Tim Tebow, but that was on the road. And he's also "unleashed hell".
    Post of the year. Finally some sense.

Good lord, Flacco isn't going anywhere, and neither is Harbaugh.

This board has gotten ridiculous. There's more handwringing going on here than in a nun's laundromat. Gawd, how do you people enjoy sports?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    How can you fire the OC of a team that has made the playoffs 5 years in a row? And that's not my thinking, I want him gone. But Harbaugh, and I bet Ozzie and Bisciotti think that way.
    Man, I hope not. My thinking is 'How can you keep doing the same thing and expect different results'? What if (big hypothetical), we bring some new OC in and the top pops off this offense and we find ourselves in the Top 8 or Top 5. I would be FURIOUS knowing that that offense was just waiting to be discovered for the past couple years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think the problem is that it is all projection. Flacco has his flaws, lets not pretend that he doesnt. With the teams lack of trying to provide him with decent OL talent and Cam's shitty system, we really don't know how much is Flacco and how much is the environment around him. Thats the risk.
    certainly not arguing that hes flawed, just that his flaws seem to be magnified over the others in his tier do to him being "our" QB. All those listed have flaws, even the Elites have some. Im saying even as is you can win and he deserves to be in the discussion as a top 10 QB with those guys.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Yes I believe they will tag him. And if Harbaugh wants Cam back again (like last year) then Cam will be back. As long as he's HC (and they extended him last year) he has control over the staff. Remember last year he was very supportive of bring Cam back and praised him in doing so

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yes I believe they will tag him. And if Harbaugh wants Cam back again (like last year) then Cam will be back. As long as he's HC (and they extended him last year) he has control over the staff. Remember last year he was very supportive of bring Cam back and praised him in doing so
    It also has to be said that we shouldn't take everything John says seriously, remember that he's from the Andy Reid tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think the problem is that it is all projection. Flacco has his flaws, lets not pretend that he doesnt. With the teams lack of trying to provide him with decent OL talent and Cam's shitty system, we really don't know how much is Flacco and how much is the environment around him. Thats the risk.

Hence the "closed lab" approach. It reduces as much doubt and question as possible.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

If you think that Alex Smith would survive behind our O line throwing 9 routes you need to come out here to Arizona and line up at one of the medical marijuana dispensaries - and calm yourself down. Alex would need a concussion proof helmet the size of a beach ball.

The Raven's problem is CAM not Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If you go back to complete ball controlled offense, and get Alex Smith, it would at least allow us to fix all our other issues on the Oline and on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    If you think that Alex Smith would survive behind our O line throwing 9 routes you need to come out here to Arizona and line up at one of the medical marijuana dispensaries - and calm yourself down. Alex would need a concussion proof helmet the size of a beach ball.

The Raven's problem is CAM not Joe.
    I never even said anything close to that. But whatever. (The Alex Smith bit was a joke btw)

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    certainly not arguing that hes flawed, just that his flaws seem to be magnified over the others in his tier do to him being "our" QB. All those listed have flaws, even the Elites have some. Im saying even as is you can win and he deserves to be in the discussion as a top 10 QB with those guys.
    Flaws sure. But the "wtf performance swings" that he continues to generate have been alarming. But no matter...if his flaws are "tolerable" to the FO then the proper course of action is 1) new OC/system, and 2) construct a formidable OL in front of him (trades, Draft or FA). We've seen Joe and the current OL put up 30+ in 1/3 of 2012. I'm thinking Joe and a better OL can do it all damn season.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Flaws sure. But the "wtf performance swings" that he continues to generate have been alarming. But no matter...if his flaws are "tolerable" to the FO then the proper course of action is 1) new OC/system, and 2) construct a formidable OL in front of him (trades, Draft or FA). We've seen Joe and the current OL put up 30+ in 1/3 of 2012. I'm thinking Joe and a better OL can do it all damn season.
    who would you say is the most accurate QB in the league? Aaron Rodgers most likely? He hasnt looked anywhere near ELite with his OL getting pushed back into him every play. Throws you know he typically makes are now sailing high, behind, short. Obviously that doesnt explain Flaccos throws that are off when he does have time but thats also comparing him to the most accurate qb in the league, which he is not. I think the WTF games can be attributed to a number of things some in his control some out of it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    who would you say is the most accurate QB in the league? Aaron Rodgers most likely? He hasnt looked anywhere near ELite with his OL getting pushed back into him every play. Throws you know he typically makes are now sailing high, behind, short. Obviously that doesnt explain Flaccos throws that are off when he does have time but thats also comparing him to the most accurate qb in the league, which he is not. I think the WTF games can be attributed to a number of things some in his control some out of it.
    Tim Tebow is the most accurate QB in the league, bar none.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Tim Tebow is the most accurate QB in the league, bar none.
    Ryan Lindley.
    -JAB