Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: SALARY CAP ANALYSIS: Signs point to franchise tag for Flacco in 2013

When comparing Joe to other QBs, they have flaws as well. For example, Joe has nothing on Philip Rivers and Jay Cutler when it comes to bad decision making. Neither Cutler nor Vick could hold a candle to Joe's durability. Smith and Ryan can't make all of the throws that Joe can.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Cap situation sounds really grim. Over $106 million of a $120 million cap is already committed and that's before draft picks, RFAs, ERFAs. It also doesn't include Ed Reed whose contract expires and from a cap standpoint alone can't be offered anywhere close to what he wants. Throw in the $14+ million of a franchise tag number for Flacco and this team isn't bringing even a mid-level free agent. We better have one hell of a draft because those players are going to see the field a lot in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Post of the year. Finally some sense.

Good lord, Flacco isn't going anywhere, and neither is Harbaugh.

This board has gotten ridiculous. There's more handwringing going on here than in a nun's laundromat. Gawd, how do you people enjoy sports?
    :word
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Can anyone think of a situation like this in the past, with ANY team, where you had an OC that might/seems to/ probably does, suck, and a QB that might/seems to/ probably does, have unutilized talent, and BOTH there contracts were up for renewing?

I can't think of any. I really think this is a unique situation. Everyone agrees it's one or the other. It just seems more safe to try another OC then QB.

Hell, the OC could go somewhere else and win a Superbowl, and no one would think much of it, probably including the media. But by god if the QB does that, we'd really look stupid as a franchise.

It just seems like the easy call is to dump the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Alex Smith, 70% completion percentage is a possiblity. Would like Vick as well his days are numbered in Philly. Anyone but Flacco, tying up the cap and plays worse as the season progresses. Joe isn't going to get it done.
    a guy that was a total and com-plete BUST for 6 or 7 years, an UNMITIGATED DISASTER, that under a new coach finally became PASSABLE, yet got leapfrogged by an athletic 2nd year, 2nd round pick due to injury.... wow. Alex Smith can't hold Flacco's jock, sorry.

Not understanding the Smith talk at all.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver