Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Why Ray Rice is not getting the BALL more..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    He's seventh in the league in touches.
    Let me caveat that. Cam doesn't call Rice's number consistently during games. Cam pulled the disappearing act with Rice after Rice just gashed the Steelers on runs including a TD run.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Let me caveat that. Cam doesn't call Rice's number consistently during games. Cam pulled the disappearing act with Rice after Rice just gashed the Steelers on runs including a TD run.
    I'm am with you on that, given Rice's extraordinary production, he's not being utilized consistently or as effectively as possible. But to claim that they are limiting is touches/production in order to save $1M after spending $24M is completely absurd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I'm am with you on that, given Rice's extraordinary production, he's not being utilized consistently or as effectively as possible. But to claim that they are limiting is touches/production in order to save $1M after spending $24M is completely absurd.
    :word

Blog Entries

I just don't see a coach risking losses which could cost him his job so a player doesn't hit a bonus. Maybe if the team already sucks and the GM is pushing for it but not on a winning team.

Blog Entries

Part of the situation is that they are trying to save Rice for the stretch run. Another aspect to this, isn't how many times his number is being called, but how his number is being called. That draw, off of the play fake, was not something that they do often with Rice. They've been, more or less, trying to use Rice the way they should be using Pierce. Rice needs to get out in space more.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It is a mystery. Cam seems to be channeling Marchibroda and Cavanaugh, which, if he is, explains much.

Under Marchibroda, we'd build a double-digit lead by the half, and Bam Morris would have 80 yards rushing. We'd lose the game in the second half, and Morris would finish with less than 90 yards total, and carried the ball only once or twice. Meanwhile, Rosey Potts would have caught four swing passes for a net gain of -10, all in the second half.

Under Cavanaugh, Grbac hit Ismail on a crossing route for a 63 yard touchdown in the second or third game of the season, and we never saw that route by Ismail again...

If he reaches specific rushing/receiving targets in any of the first three years of the deal, AND if the team finishes in the top 10 in total offense, Rice receives a $1 million incentive in he year he accomplishes the feat — and another $4 million is spread over the remaining years of the deal.
    We're currently 19th in total offense, so Ray Rice's targets are irrelevant anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    We're currently 19th in total offense, so Ray Rice's targets are irrelevant anyway.
    Maybe that's why Harbuagh is ultra-conservative to avoid being in the Top 10 and paying Rice an extra mill?

So now that we have that out of the way...

How in the F does Ray Rice not touch the ball more???

How is it that this continues to be an issue this year???

How is it that Harbaugh earlier in the year said we need to get the ball more in the hands of Ray Rice.

Who the FK is in charge of this big pile of Horseshit that keeps happening???

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I just don't see a coach risking losses which could cost him his job so a player doesn't hit a bonus. Maybe if the team already sucks and the GM is pushing for it but not on a winning team.
    It's happened before.

Back during the Black Sox scandal when the White Sox threw the world series they had a pitcher who was promised a $10,000 bonus for winning 30 games. He got up to 28 wins with
    about 3 weeks left, an easy accomplishment for him.

But Comiskey, the Sox owner didn't want to pay him the bonus so he ordered the manager
    to bench him. When the pitcher complained the manager said he was saving him for the
    series.

That's why he took part in throwing the game.

I don't think Bisciotti would ever do that because he wants that trophy more than anyone
    and has ordered Ozzie to spend right up to the cap.

Benching Ray to save money just doesn't add up for the Ravens but Cam benching him cause he's
    pissed does add up. I think w/o looking it up that the rookie RB has more carries than Ricky Williams
    last year and McGahee before that.

I think that Ray Rice doesn't get enough 'touches' for most fans liking is that, he is really not a good short yardage back.