Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ravens 23rd in rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Sometimes they do. Or sometimes we're just basing conclusions off of the wrong set of numbers.

I would also prefer to see them run the ball more often and more effectively, but I'm not sure it's fair to conclude Rice is underutilized. Top ten players ranked by total yards from scrimmage...

Code:
    RK            NAME/TEAM        TOT YDS YDS/GM RUSH YDS YDS/GM REC. YDS YDS/GM
    1	 Adrian Peterson, Min	1641	136.8	1446	120.5	195	16.3
    2	 Doug Martin, TB        1480	123.3	1106	92.2	374	31.2
    3	 Calvin Johnson, Det	1428	119.0	0	0	1428	119.0
    4	 Marshawn Lynch, Sea	1287	107.3	1138	94.8	149	12.4
    5	 Ray Rice, Bal          1281	106.8	872	72.7	409	34.1
    6	 Jamaal Charles, KC	1255	104.6	1055	87.9	200	16.7
    7	 C.J. Spiller, Buf      1246	103.8	907	75.6	339	28.3
    8	 Arian Foster, Hou	1239	103.3	1102	91.8	137	11.4
    9	 Chris Johnson, Ten	1188	99.0	993	82.8	195	16.3
    10	 Brandon Marshall, Chi	1182	98.5	0	0	1182	98.5
    I see my man Brandon makes the cut. I've been pining for him ever since he entered the league and we've missed out twice.

If we want to pass the ball a lot we should have spent the money in that area.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    I just saw that we're 22nd in attempts - and the Falcons are the only team below us with a winning record (they seem to enjoy close contests as well).
    the difference is, they put up points

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    I think that one of the factors in that stat is our TOP. You can't rush a lot if you're never on the field.
    Your right, but when Rice or Pierce gains 6-7 on 1st down, run it again or come up with something short across the middle, not bombs away every time it is 2nd and short. I've noticed that Cam is so predictable that when it is 2nd and within 4 he calls a deep pass quit often. That is the obvious pass play from a 2nd and short. Gruden "2nd and short, I wouldn't be surprised to see a deep shot here on 2nd and short Jaws, Torrey Smith can really fly" It's almost every time and it is low percentage and when that fails it is almost automatic pass on 3rd and short, which is warranted, but it is much easier to cover when you know it's coming "quick out route" Just get the MF'ing 1st down and keep driving. Run the damn ball or a short pass to the TE. Cam does exactly what is scripted, 2nd and short (pass deep) 3rd and short (quick out). That is pee wee football coaching..

Blog Entries

Hmmm. Seems like only yesterday Cam's insistence on running the ball was the reason he had to go...

Run-Pass doesn't matter. The Ravens have the players to be effective at either. But lately seem to effective at neither.

7. Re: Ravens 23rd in rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Hmmm. Seems like only yesterday Cam's insistence on running the ball was the reason he had to go...
    Don't whitewash our justified criticism of Cam.

It wasn't that in some games he runs the ball too much.

It's that in some games he stubbornly sends Ray and Bernard right up the middle again and again even AFTER the opposing D has caught on and adjusted to stop that play--perfect example is the 2nd Browns game.

Cam's problems are his awareness and adjustments.

He seems to have little of the first so he rarely makes the second.

Boldin to Cam: "the middle of the field is open"
    Cam: "Really?"

This after the Texans, Browns & Steelers games where the middle of the field had also been open.

But for Cam to send a WR not named Boldin over the middle of the field, especially short on a slant or crossing pattern, more than once or twice in a game REGARDLESS OF HOW THE OTHER D IS SET UP TO PLAY HIS O, so even if it would work, at least UNTIL THE OTHER D WOULD BE FORCED TO ADJUST TO STOP IT...no sorry, NOT CAM'S STYLE BABY!!

That's the problem with Cam: he doesn't seem to understand the concept of finding something that works and sticking with it until it doesn't, then once it stops working, adjusting and switching to something else that may work (and if it doesn't, keep adjusting until you find something that works again).

Blog Entries

They need to give Pierce the ball more.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    That's the problem with Cam: he doesn't seem to understand the concept of finding something that works and sticking with it until it doesn't, then once it stops working, adjusting and switching to something else that may work (and if it doesn't, keep adjusting until you find something that works again).
    That is the problem with Cam. He can't adjust to what defenses are doing. If his initial game plan works, the Ravens score a lot of points, but if it doesn't, the offense sucks for the entire game.