I don't know the exact answer to any of these things that happen behind close doors, that's for sure, I can only guess.

But here is something you can count on.
IF Boldin is not here next season, I would bet you, we will hear what is going on between the coaches and the players from him. While he is here, he is not saying anything. He tries to get Cam to listen but it doesn't sound like he listens much. I was surprised he finally took Boldin's word about what San Diego was doing defensively and actually implemented it.

As much as I could jump on this pile, there is the MORE pressing need to design plays to gain natural separation for our receivers. Every other team in the NFL and MANY teams in college do so.
Why not the Ravens? What is it that Cam doesn't understand?
Do ANY of our coaches see other teams' receivers running free and ask themselves how is that happening?
And let's at least look at the film afterwards to at least figure it out then?
And maybe WE should do THAT? rubs and triplets criss crossing all over the field, running free.

I believe THAT is the single, biggest problem of this team.
For if our receivers were running free and open by almost 3 yards or more, I believe Joe would have a field day and his confidence would grow with every completion and so would the entire organization and fanbase.
And our entire team would benefit with an offense that could move the ball up and down the field and keep our defense on the sideline. The talent on offense is there at the skill positions.