Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heap cut

1. Re: Heap cut

Give him a physical and a tryout, just to see if he really is done.

If not, adding him to the mix as a blocking TE would help since teams would still have to respect his pass catching potential.
    It wouldn't be like putting Bajema in where you're all but telegraphing to the opposition that our TE is only here to block on this play, so no need to cover him as a receiver or anything.

Blog Entries

Re: Heap cut

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    I think most people missed what I said originally....sign him so he can retire here, not play.
    I think thats without question something theyd do if they can. Hes a raven in every sense of the word but i dont think hes ready to hang them up.

Hes apparently ready to come back and play (recovered from his knee injury and apparently a week away from activation), and a beat up todd heap still has more to offer than bajema, imo, who isnt being used anyway. Why not kick tires and kill two birds with one stone for 6-7 games get what little he has left in hopes of catching some lightning and if not allowing him to retire a raven if he is officially done? Hes clearly not pre 2008 heap but he doesnt have to be to be effective and an upgrade.

I was one of the few i think that understood releasing him, still hoped to get him back but he simply wasnt reliable for a starter. 3rd string redzone threat and blocker? Yeah i think he can handle that limited role. Im also not saying its likely or something they have to do but "right player, right price".
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think thats without question something theyd do if they can. Hes a raven in every sense of the word but i dont think hes ready to hang them up.

Hes apparently ready to come back and play (recovered from his knee injury and apparently a week away from activation), and a beat up todd heap still has more to offer than bajema, imo, who isnt being used anyway. Why not kick tires and kill two birds with one stone for 6-7 games get what little he has left in hopes of catching some lightning and if not allowing him to retire a raven if he is officially done? Hes clearly not pre 2008 heap but he doesnt have to be to be effective and an upgrade.

I was one of the few i think that understood releasing him, still hoped to get him back but he simply wasnt reliable for a starter. 3rd string redzone threat and blocker? Yeah i think he can handle that limited role. Im also not saying its likely or something they have to do but "right player, right price".
    Not sure what he has to offer, but it would be cool to hear Heeeeaaaapppp again, like someone pointed out. Don't know if he would clear waivers...Bring him in for one play and I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    I think most people missed what I said originally....sign him so he can retire here, not play.
    I wasn't replying to you....and I have no problem with a 1-day signing for Todd. He deserves it.