Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heap cut

Heap cut

No, he won't help us, but it would be cool if we sign him so he can retire a Raven. That's assuming he is done, which it seems that way.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...omment-2157585

Blog Entries

Re: Heap cut

I said something about him being possibly cut at the beginning of the year. They didnt really use him much when he was healthy. Its unfortunate he couldnt stay healthy and hopefully he doesnt have any hard feelings knowing what he does now. Id still consider him an option but bajema is probably pretty comparable at this point and is, i believe, a healthy scratch most weeks.

If he is done, Kudos to a great player and a great Raven.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I'd give him a go, can't hurt this shit turn of an offense.

He should collect a damages pension from Kyle Boller.

Blog Entries

He hasn't even played since week 2. Hard to know if Heap even could play after that layoff

Todd Heap will always be a Raven no matter where he goes and will always be thought of fondly by Ravens fans. HEEEAAAAPPPP!!!!

Dickson is hurt. I'd take Heap back for blocking and some receiving.

He gave his all for this team. A class guy and a hard worker. He's what you'd want out of all your players and then some.

IIRC, Bisciotti already is on record saying he's going in the RoH. His numerous foundations and charity work he did pretty much assured him of that before he left. Add on his tenure with the team and its a no-brainer.

As for if he should get signed by the team, no. Way too fragile at this point to offer us anything meaningful. Yes though, on signing him on the one day retirement deal.

Sign him to a 1 day contract so he can retire a Raven. Beyond that, no. It'd be a great story, but as others have said, I think the tank is empty.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

I agree hes probably done and way to injury prone for a team to rely on, however hed be a reserve for at most 7 games. Im not familiar with his knee injury but he could have enough left to offer something in a limited role. Especially with dickson being hurt and bajema barely being a factor. Having 27 tes seems to work for the pats.
    -JAB

One of my all-time favorite ravens. He was one tough hombre with a great set of hands. He made so many DB's pay a price for tackling him. He loved to dish out some pain, but it was that style that probably lead to all the injuries he suffered. Would love to see him in the uni at M&T one more time. I hope buscuit signs him so he can retire in a ravens uni.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

He may not have anything left in the tank but would still be cool to see him come back in even a limited role. He was always a class act, and a really good TE.