Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 25
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    369

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan



    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I can't believe how he came out of nowhere this year. Morris is doing what Foster does for the Texans. It's the same offense and they almost look like the same player. That kid is very impressive and incredibly tough to bring down on those stretch runs.
    My son is a student at FAU and I had a chance to watch Morris in college. He is the real deal.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    590

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan

    Welcome Skinsfan. RGIII was a great draft pick for you guys and your team is showing alot more promise than in years past. We are the, umm, 2012 Ravens...we can play good, bad and downright ugly so we'll just flip a coin to see what we get on Sunday. I will say historically the Ravens do not lose two games in a row so that is something to hang my hat on. Anyway, it should be a great game Sunday.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,298
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think most folks would agree with you. However I feel we are held back by coaching so much that the Ravens probably lose this game.
    Ditto.

    RG3 beat the SB champs last night and is the most exciting player
    to come into the NFL since Vick with his passing and running.

    Ravens D might not be able to contain him and the G-men had trouble
    with the option play. With the way our D played Sun, we could have the same probs containing him.

    It should be a good game. I had it for a win when the schedule
    came out but I didn't know RG 3 would be this good and our
    D this bad.

    I'll be holding my breath.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    448

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Ditto.

    RG3 beat the SB champs last night and is the most exciting player
    to come into the NFL since Vick with his passing and running.

    Ravens D might not be able to contain him and the G-men had trouble
    with the option play. With the way our D played Sun, we could have the same probs containing him.

    It should be a good game. I had it for a win when the schedule
    came out but I didn't know RG 3 would be this good and our
    D this bad.

    I'll be holding my breath.
    Um... the Redskins beat the "Super Bowl" champs twice last year. I'm not seeing how that means much.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,298
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan

    You will when RG3 plays our D the way it is now.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    2,102

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan

    The Giants have an aggressive pass rushing defense so all the deception with the play action and options caused their DE's to slow down and second guess. Our defense, on the other hand, is not aggressive at all and I think that might ironically benefit us.




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    The Giants have an aggressive pass rushing defense so all the deception with the play action and options caused their DE's to slow down and second guess. Our defense, on the other hand, is not aggressive at all and I think that might ironically benefit us.
    After watching the game Monday night and our replay lat night, I think your right.

    The stay your lane (on he D line) and keep everyone in front of you could be just hat's needed to keep the big plays Washington needs (IMO) to score or win.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    448

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    After watching the game Monday night and our replay lat night, I think your right.

    The stay your lane (on he D line) and keep everyone in front of you could be just hat's needed to keep the big plays Washington needs (IMO) to score or win.
    I don't know, the type of runner that Morris is scares the crap out of me. The way that he never goes down and always finds ways to make positive yardage seems all to familiar...

    But on the flip side, their pass defense is trash, and just got worse over the past week. Not that I have a lot of confidence in Cam Cameron, but I think that we can tee off on it and keep pace. Should be one of those 2012 style games that we haven't seen here in months!




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    I don't know, the type of runner that Morris is scares the crap out of me. The way that he never goes down and always finds ways to make positive yardage seems all to familiar...

    But on the flip side, their pass defense is trash, and just got worse over the past week. Not that I have a lot of confidence in Cam Cameron, but I think that we can tee off on it and keep pace. Should be one of those 2012 style games that we haven't seen here in months!
    It's more about how to contain RGIII in my eyes. The Skins )for the most part) scored on drives when he had a big plays from him. The Ends came crashing down in order to stop the RB and left RGIII free to run around them.

    Watching the amount of football I do Pros and college. The way to stop the read option is to not get too aggressive If you crash down on the RB the QB takes off around you, if you go after the QB (right away) he hands off up the middle.

    I think a non-aggressive approach (not a conservative approach) should be good for this game, the offense, don't get me started on what I expect for that
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    2,102

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    I don't know, the type of runner that Morris is scares the crap out of me. The way that he never goes down and always finds ways to make positive yardage seems all to familiar...

    But on the flip side, their pass defense is trash, and just got worse over the past week. Not that I have a lot of confidence in Cam Cameron, but I think that we can tee off on it and keep pace. Should be one of those 2012 style games that we haven't seen here in months!
    We definitely gotta air it out this week! Their safety play is complete trash and they lost Griffin to a suspension and D. Hall (overrated anyway) is in a walking boot. Josh Wilson can be had deep if you remember from his year here. As far as their pass rush goes, outside of Kerrigan, no one their scares me. The only thing I'm worried about is Haslett throwing some stunts/twists at our OLine. Jah Reid and and Oher better step it up this week.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    2,102

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It's more about how to contain RGIII in my eyes. The Skins )for the most part) scored on drives when he had a big plays from him. The Ends came crashing down in order to stop the RB and left RGIII free to run around them.

    Watching the amount of football I do Pros and college. The way to stop the read option is to not get too aggressive If you crash down on the RB the QB takes off around you, if you go after the QB (right away) he hands off up the middle.

    I think a non-aggressive approach (not a conservative approach) should be good for this game, the offense, don't get me started on what I expect for that
    Yeah, you saw Osi, JPP and Tuck overpersue towards the inside multiple times against the stretch play, the play action of the stretch, and RGIII would just bounce to the outside on those runs he had. Other times, when Morris took it to the outside, they failed to set the edge. That's something that will be key in this game.




  12. #24

    Re: Hello from a Skins Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan21 View Post
    1.Never in my right mind did I think when we met that so much would be riding on the line for both teams...2.I think we can limit Rice (lets hope Cam only gives the ball to Rice 15 times or so)... 3. RGIII brings so many things to the game and will hopefully be able to confuse your def...
    4.Suggs will be questionable to play . Lets hope for a great game and no injuries
    1.Yeah, usually not a lot of sleep lost by Ravens fans on worrying about the 'Skins at any given time. Not that we're haters - more like yawners. But all of a sudden what was once envisioned as a leisurely Sunday drive to Fed Ex Field and the last relative breather before the Manning Bros. and redux w/ Cincy, is a must-win rebound game vs. a confident team riding a 3 game streak and a rookie phenom.

    2.That would be ideal for you. We need to establish the run, eat up clock, and keep RGIII off the field. Why our fucking play callers can't keep one number in their heads (25 touches for #27) from week to week. I'll never know.

    3. If we can't close off his outside edge/lanes and seal his SWC calibre (that's a compliment!) play action fake option, then we're toast. I think our DBs match up better w/ your WRs than they did vs. Pitts. or will vs. Denver or NYG
    If we can regularly force him to throw he might give up some picks.

    4.Weakened or no Suggs nor Ellerbe will again expose our "coverage" in the middle & underneath and weaken the aforementioned edges.

    Taking my godson to his first Raven Road game (again, originally assumed to be "low impact"). Finally found a bus (just a bus, not a bacchanal) from Baltimore. Expensive (where's the damn MTA when they are needed!), but add up a parking pass, gas, the general headaches and I'm almost even, greener. and definitely less stressed. Spent a week one night getting out of the Fed Ex lots after a 2002 Stones concert.

    For this game I scored UL tix in Sept. for less per ticket than my seats @ M&T.

    At least one head to head position battle the Ravens cannot possibly lose is OWNER!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland