Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The OFFICIAL Ravens - Redskins Prediction Thread

Let the RG III slobbering commence. Not sure I'll be able to watch any shows leading up to this game. The bandwagon is now overflowing. In fact, somewhere Tommy Brady is already starting to whine.

Anyway... I'm not sure what to think of this one. The Skins offense is certainly exciting to watch.. and our lack of speed cutting off the edges scares me. RG III vs. Kruger? Ehhhh..

The Skins D will keep us in this one.

And coming off a loss Harbs usually has us ready to rumble.

Ravens in a squeaker.

Ravens 24
    Skins 23

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens - Redskins Prediction Thread

Skins 20
    Ravens 13

Blog Entries

30 Skins
    26 Ravens

Their defense is not good. Unfortunately we haven't been able to expose defenses in the last few games. Our defense is banged up and slow anyway. We will not be able to stop their run game and that may lead to wide open receivers. Pees better not bring the Eagles game plan or we will be in for a long day.

Somehow someway the offense steps up. We win cause I'll be there.

Ravens 38
    Redskins 30

The Ravens respond well coming off a loss, but this matchup is certainly very concerning on paper.

The Redskins read option run/play action pass based offense will test the Ravens' ability to hold the edge and stay disciplined at every level of the defense. If Suggs is out, we lose our best playside run defender and backside pursuer. The Redskins' pass catchers have the ability to exploit the middle of the field in a big way as well.

I expect the Ravens to come out playing a lot of soft zones, giving up a ton of yardage, with a hope and a prayer of stiffening in the red zone. As the field gets shorter they will try to ask RGIII to throw the ball into the endzone. Even if their gameplan works I don't think they can stop the Redskins' scoring unit.

On defense, the Redskins are not great overall, and they're particularly weak at rushing the passer on the edges with Brian Orakpo out. They do have the ability to get some pressure from the interior line and their linebackers are playing okay in run support. London Fletcher is still a force covering the short zone in the middle of the field but the back end of the defense is not good at all with some of the worst safety play in the league at this point. Their corners are similar, playing well in short zone coverage but susceptible to getting burned by double moves on the outside.

Jim Haslett is an excellent defensive coordinator who will show some unorthodox coverages and zone blitzes. He's not quite LeBeau, but the Redskins run a very similar system that can really confound a quarterback. Flacco's seen this kind of defense many times before so at least he's not in totally unfamiliar territory.

I expect the Ravens to go with a play-action heavy, run-run-pass-punt game plan. As usual after a poor performance by Flacco and par for the course with their play on the road, they will try to contain and restrict Flacco, relegating the passing game to deep sideline shots off play action, short patterns to Boldin and Pitta, and dumpoffs to Ray Rice. I do expect Rice to get a lot of touches; he could have a great game but the Redskins aren't bad against the run (12th in YPC) but that may be a function of teams emphasizing the pass since that's their weakness. If I were coordinating the Ravens' offense, I would exploit the intermediate and deep middle of the field all day long, but I don't expect the Ravens to do that.

All in all, the Ravens are going to need to put up points to win and I don't see them doing that if they go ultra-conservative. I think they'll go into the 4th down 21-17, and at the end of the game the scoreboard will read 28-20 Redskins.

On the road against a hot team coming off a demoralizing loss. Suggs probably out. Doesn't seem to bode well, does it? I have concerns about another demoralizing loss this Sunday.

Well FUCK IT!!!!!! I'm pushing all my chips in. The offense rebounds in a big way.

Ravens 34, Redskins 24
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Our offense has yet to score more than 23 points on the road. It won't be enough. 27-23 Deadskins.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    On the road against a hot team coming off a demoralizing loss. Suggs probably out. Doesn't seem to bode well, does it? I have concerns about another demoralizing loss this Sunday.

Well FUCK IT!!!!!! I'm pushing all my chips in. The offense rebounds in a big way.

Ravens 34, Redskins 24
    34 points from this offense

Who got into the stash this time?

Blog Entries

Redskins 31
    Ravens 20
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Our offense has yet to score more than 23 points on the road.
    Ummm...yes they have.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    34 points from this offense

Who got into the stash this time?
    Moonshine.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Ummm...yes they have.
    My bad. We scored 25 against Cleveland. I still don't see us beating Washington.