Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: John Harbaugh

Re: John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    oz is staying not sure why u wuld fire him???
    He hired all the guys with whom you have a problem.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    wrong, harbs hired cam - family friend

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    he also hired more guys that i dont have problem with....

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Dont take this the wrong way but if it doesn't your a damn fool. Why is every one bitching and moaning about Harbaugh right now? Because people don't think he can lead us to a Superbowl. You mean to tell me if he actually does go on and win the Superbowl, the ultimate prize in football people will still question whether he can get there. That makes no fucking sense at all. Sorry.
    Earlier, I acknowledged the talents on the roster including some of the coaches. Assuming that Harbaugh doesnt take a charge of the team or whatsoever, we will still question him even after the Super Bowl victory. He has the talents on his side, but does he possess the necessary coaching acumen? That is something we are waiting to find out. He doesnt even seem to take charge of the defense and the offense or even the special team.

Blog Entries

Flacco was a 1st round pick, first round pick should get at least 50% of snaps in training camp...in the new NFL rookie QBs dont sit and wait, they usually start right away, especially high picks
    Boller was a high draft pick who got most of the snaps in a sham "competition," and we all know how that worked out.

Flacco was a high draft pick, yes, but he wasn't a "can't miss" QB prospect coming out of freakin' Delaware. Harbaugh was doing the right thing going with Boller, especially since Boller had played fairly well backing up McNair in '06 and '07. He was taking over an ill-disciplined 5-11 team.

It turned out Flacco was better able to handle the pressures of gameday, but you're an idiot if you plan it that way. Just ask Norv Turner and Heath Shuler.

6. Re: John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Name two consecutive games this season where the team looked like a Super Bowl contender.
    I'm not sure what that means. The last 2 Super Bowl winners meandered through the regular season. The Cardinals team that lost to Pittsburgh looked absolutely awful in a lot of games. Looking like a Super Bowl contender in November has been a kiss of death more often than not. The Patriots look like a Super Bowl contender every year and haven't won one since 2004.

Blowouts aren't easy to get in the NFL and especially in the playoffs. Being 7-2 in games decided in the last 5 minutes is a great trait to have. Who looks consistently like a Super Bowl contender to you?

EXCEPT for three or four games this seaason the Raven's offense has looked like crap. There's not much they can do about it now because the guy calling the shots (Cam) lacks creativity and is inflexible. Over the next four games the wheels are going to come off the cart - and the Ravens will be forced into making changes next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrl View Post
    Your frustration is understandable but the logic is flawed.

Last year's Giants lost twice to the Rex Grossman led Redskins and an Eagles team with Vince Young at QB.

10 Packers lost a McNabb led Skins, Henne led Dolphins & Stanton led Lions

09 Saints lost to a 2-12 Bucs team after losing to a 8-5 Cowboys to end an undefeated campaign

07 Giants lost to Tavaris Jackson led Vikings 41-17 and Todd Collins led Redskins

06 Colts lost to 4-6 Titans led by Vince Young and 44-17 to Garrard led Jags

05 Steelers lost to 2-7 Ravens led by Boller

It's almost a prerequisite that the eventual Super Bowl winner has at least 1 bad/embarrassing loss on their way to righting things. I'm not saying that the Ravens will win the Superbowl this year but every coach in the league is a safe bet not to win it. Insert any coach's name in front of won't win it this year and you'll likely be right.
    Fair enough.

But I still reside on the side that our offense has been a mess and it is the head coaches job to fix it, and his failings to do so must fall on him as much as Cam.

You must admit, we have been extremely lucky to be 9-3 and that without that luck, we could easily be 9-7 before the year is done. What then?

9. Re: John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Fair enough.

But I still reside on the side that our offense has been a mess and it is the head coaches job to fix it, and his failings to do so must fall on him as much as Cam.
    I don't disagree with that, only the suggestion that Sunday's loss to a team fighting for their playoff lives while the Ravens had truly nothing to gain means anything. As for the Harbaugh / Cam thing (sorry for repeating myself but....) here's what I wrote in the "Fire Cam" thread...

When Cameron was in San Diego it seemed that he used only the middle of the field, never the edges. Now in Baltimore it seems that he only uses the edges and never the middle.

When push comes to shove (the Chargers and Browns games come to mind) we've seen the Ravens use the middle of the field and do it successfully. That suggests to me that not only are those plays in the playbook but also that they work on them.

Cam calls the plays but Harbaugh dictates the philosophy. As fans clamor for Cam's ouster and Harbaugh continues to "protect" him, at what point might we guess that Cam's plays are a result of Harbaugh's philosophy? If Harbaugh doesn't see the need to "fix" it, what does that say about his culpability in the issues that we naturally associate with Cam?

A new coordinator charged with the same brand of conservatism would likely get the same result...right?

we have joe flukko
    I've never heard of this guy. Looking at the roster, we don't have a player by that name. Who?

11. Re: John Harbaugh

we have joe flukko
    It's Joe Fluke-o

FLUKE-O

Y'know, the word "fluke" with an O at the end?

If you're going to use them, at least get your disparaging nicknames for our QB right.

Blog Entries

those teams has
    ELI
    BREES
    ELI
    PEYTON
    BEN

we have joe flukko
    I love how people like to revise/ forget history.Eli was far from elite during that first Superbowl run. He just recently started to put himself into that upper teir of QB's. Look at the numbers from that season.

He had a 56 % completion rating, he threw for less than 3500 yards (and yes he played all 16 games. He threw just 23 td passes and he threw 20 ints. Not to mention he fumbled the ball a whopping 13 times losing 7 of them. That is 27 turnovers from one player.

Eli Manning is proof positive for Flacco. He was a below average QB his first few years in the league. There is no other way to put it. Think Flacco is inconsistent, ask Giant fans about Eli in the early days. But look at him now. Flacco could very well be a slow developer like Eli.