Re: John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Just like Brady?

Rice > McGahee
    Pitta/Dixon > Heap
    Torrey Smith > Mason
    Tucker > Cundiff

Fuck it...it's not worth it.

Brady was a 6th round pick, 6th round picks almost get no "meaningful" snaps in training camp or pre season games so its hard to see what you get.
    Flacco was a 1st round pick, first round pick should get at least 50% of snaps in training camp...in the new NFL rookie QBs dont sit and wait, they usually start right away, especially high picks

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    if this doesnt show you how bad John Harbaugh is at judging talent, I dont know what else to show you.

He had Kyle Boller and Troy Smith ahead of Joe on the depth chart. I really dont care about him being a rookie. Anything was better than Kyle Boller and Troy Smith wasnt much better.

Joe should have been the starter from day one.

John does not trust young players. He does not like to try and develop young players, because hes afraid of them turning the ball over. Too conservative to make it in this league.
    He's a bad judge of talent because he didn't want to give the keys to the franchise to a rookie from D-1AA on day 1? The same rookie who was so lackluster in the passing game that he didn't throw a passing TD till week 4 of the season?

Right. :grbac:

if this doesnt show you how bad John Harbaugh is at judging talent, I dont know what else to show you.

He had Kyle Boller and Troy Smith ahead of Joe on the depth chart. I really dont care about him being a rookie. Anything was better than Kyle Boller and Troy Smith wasnt much better.

Joe should have been the starter from day one.

It wasn't Harbaugh's decision. The ORGANIZATION, not Harbaugh, made the decision that they weren't going to rush their rookie QB - especially one from a FCS school - like they they felt they had with Boller. Not to mention that Flacco had looked pretty bad in the 1st 2 PS games.

But, fate intervened.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

iggyman555 Guest

Harbage is a fuking joke...in the off season he was saying how he would take a bigger role in the offensive game planning...now cam has been shitting the bed again this year and nothing changes - how does rice only get 12 carries and none in the 4th?????????? Harbage should of grabbed cams ear in the middle of the 4th quarter and told him to run the damn ball, but he didnt he doesnt have any balls.
    i honestly dont know what Harbage does all week, he is pretty hands off with the O and the D its pissing me off

McKinnie hasnt even been given a chance, how can you say any of this?
    Because when you don't put effort into practice, you usually don't see the field during games.

Or, at least, that's the way it works with most coaches.

John does not trust young players. He does not like to try and develop young players......
    Yeah, cause Yanda, Flacco, Oher, Torrey Smith, KO didn't start as rookies.

Rice didn't start as a 2nd year player.

Cody wasn't also a starter in his 2nd year.

They didn't start a 3rd year CB (Webb) and an unknown former-PS player (Williams) to start last season at CB.

They didn't release Heap prior to last year and allow Pitta and Dickson (both in their 2nd years) to take over at TE.

They didn't start this season with Harewood at Guard.

And, they didn't let Redding and JJ go this year, and give McPhee and McClellan/Kruger/Upshaw a chance to take those starting spots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Yeah, cause Yanda, Flacco, Oher, Torrey Smith, KO didn't start as rookies.

Rice didn't start as a 2nd year player.

Cody wasn't also a starter in his 2nd year.

They didn't start a 3rd year CB (Webb) and an unknown former-PS player (Williams) to start last season at CB.

They didn't release Heap prior to last year and allow Pitta and Dickson (both in their 2nd years) to take over at TE.

They didn't start this season with Harewood at Guard.

And, they didn't let Redding and JJ go this year, and give McPhee and McClellan/Kruger/Upshaw a chance to take those starting spots.
    Don't bother. People are just going to make shit up as they go anyway. It makes them feel better.

I can honestly say that I am downright saddened that the biggest reason I want us to win a Super Bowl this year is now so every last one of the idiots in this thread lambasting Harbaugh (while flat out admitting they don't eeeem care about his accomplishments thus far in what hasn't even been five full seasons) would finally shut their fucking mouths. I mean, they probably wouldn't, but it'd be nice to see them eat it anyway. I truly hope one of you window lickers gets up the balls to head on up to the Castle and apply for the job. Show 'em what you got, guys!

rlh445,

I doubt that winning a super bowl will erase the doubts that we have of our head coach. Our head coach has explicitly stated that he needed to participate on the offense team meetings, shouldn't the head coach be doing that when an offense has been struggling.

anyway...

I happened to agree with one of the posters that Harbaugh perceivably prefer to start veterans. He would start an unproven player over a veteran seemingly if that veteran is in some sort of "doghouse". Even our owner said that we needed to get more out of our younger players rather than waiting until the end of the players' rookie contracts.

I appreciated that he has done for our football team. He has stabilized the ship, but sports is a "what have you done for me lately" world. I would be okay with him if he was inherited a mediocre football team, he wasn't (minus the qb position). Additionally, we drafted and picked up talents to fit into our system. As much for his accomplishments, it still hasn't gotten us to the Super Bowl, let alone winning one.

Like many of us, I am not satisfied with the "more of the same" mentality especially in an evolving league. Let's get over that hump.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Show 'em what you got, guys!
    what the fuck are you trying to say here?

Blog Entries

I can honestly say that I am downright saddened that the biggest reason I want us to win a Super Bowl this year is now so every last one of the idiots in this thread lambasting Harbaugh (while flat out admitting they don't eeeem care about his accomplishments thus far in what hasn't even been five full seasons) would finally shut their fucking mouths. I mean, they probably wouldn't, but it'd be nice to see them eat it anyway. I truly hope one of you window lickers gets up the balls to head on up to the Castle and apply for the job. Show 'em what you got, guys!

Is that you, John?

Blog Entries

Yeah, who cares about what has been done? Here is what I know:
    2008 - Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl Champions
    2009 - New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Champions
    2010 - Green Bay Packers Super Bowl Champions
    2011 - New York Giants Super Bowl Champions
    2012 - NOT THE BALTIMORE RAVENS

If you think this Keystone Cops Coaching staff has the brains to win it all you are mistaken. Taking a knee with 32 seconds at the half, running Ray Rice 12 times and forgetting he exists in the 4th quarter, and losing to Charlie Fucking Batch IS NOT A TEAM that will win a Super Bowl.

Lee Evans drop is as close as John Harbaugh will ever come to a Super Bowl.