Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Re: John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I don't give a shit what Harbaugh's legacy is, his record, or how he looks on Wikipedia when the fans of whatever sorry ass team he ends up coaching for in another 4 years is.

What I do know is he has pissed away 5 years of immense talent with zero command of what the fuck is going on on gameday. If we are winning, cruise control. Unless the talent of the team overcomes we certainly don't out game plan ANYONE.
    Philly South....
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 12-04-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    So beating the Titans because of a missed fg is more impressive than going to two Superbowls? Ummmmmm. Ok.
    Reading comprehension anyone? I was comparing the Titans game to to the win last week (you know, when you said Harbaugh could never win with a 3rd string QB? Remember that? If you had read you would have seen I had given Tomlin his due multiple times for being a great coach. But you only read what you want to read, which is fine too I guess.

Blog Entries

Again, I posed that scenario to illustrate what I believe to be the difference between the two coaches. Tomlin, when his team was backed into a corner, down to the third string quarterback, on the road against a bitter division rival and having just lost to said team two weeks prior, found a way to win. I don't think Harbaugh would have been able to do the same thing.
    Give Tomlin his due credit but lets not forget his team just went into Cleveland and lost to a much worse team, that had their backup QB playing for half the game. If anything the last 3 games of the Steelers season shows just how much parity their is in the NFL. A team that has lost two straight to an inferior team and the team they just beat can pull off an impossible upset. Its the NFL.

I think Tomlin is a real good coach. Based on his 2 Super Bowl appearances, he gets the nod over Harbaugh. That said, no coach is perfect:

> If Batch played this well last Sunday, why was Leftwhich in the game in the end versus the Ravens in Pittsburgh when it was obvious to everybody that he could not throw the ball?
    > What team turned the ball over 8 times and lost to the Browns?
    > What coach had his team at 6-2 in 2009 and then "unleashed hell" while losing 5 straight and missing the playoffs?
    > What coach got his team eliminated by Tim Tebow.

Every coach has a limited shelf life. I suspect many on this board will get their wish eventually. The Ravens will be lucky if their next coach is of the caliber of Tomlin or Harbaugh.

Again, I posed that scenario to illustrate what I believe to be the difference between the two coaches. Tomlin, when his team was backed into a corner, down to the third string quarterback, on the road against a bitter division rival and having just lost to said team two weeks prior, found a way to win. I don't think Harbaugh would have been able to do the same thing.
    I agree! Tomlin made the necessary adjustments; Harbaugh continues to stick with the 'same 'ol - same 'ol'....just my opinion, of course. Our team CONTINUES to make mental mistakes; does not adjust situationally; and, at least on the surface, does not hold his players accountable, as evidenced by the continuous penalties they incur during the game. Time will tell; but, Tomlin has won two SBs....Harbs, none!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    but, Tomlin has won two SBs....Harbs, none!
    Unbelievable...

Harbaugh is Andy Reid except without any knowledge of offense or defense. One of the luckiest coach in football.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Hmmm I seem to remember Kyle Boller being the #1. And then he got hurt. And then I remember Troy Smith being the starter. Who then got tonsilitis. Then I remember the 3rd QB (Flacco) being named the week one starter.

But that doesn't fit your narrative of Harbaugh being inept and Tomlin being all-powerful does it? You pointed out one example of Tomlin performing a good coaching job (one game mind you). Then I point out a protracted example of a good coaching job over an entire season and you refute it with "WELL HE DIDN'T BEAT TOMLIN AND DIDN'T DO IT WITH CHARLIE BATCH SO HE STILL SUCKS." :grbac:

Again, short memories. Tomlin's a really good coach. Harbaugh is a good coach too. They can both be good coaches, it's not one or the other.
    if this doesnt show you how bad John Harbaugh is at judging talent, I dont know what else to show you.

He had Kyle Boller and Troy Smith ahead of Joe on the depth chart. I really dont care about him being a rookie. Anything was better than Kyle Boller and Troy Smith wasnt much better.

Joe should have been the starter from day one.

John does not trust young players. He does not like to try and develop young players, because hes afraid of them turning the ball over. Too conservative to make it in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Joe should have been the starter from day one.
    Just like Brady?

John does not trust young players. He does not like to try and develop young players, because hes afraid of them turning the ball over. Too conservative to make it in this league.
    Rice > McGahee
    Pitta/Dixon > Heap
    Torrey Smith > Mason
    Tucker > Cundiff

Fuck it...it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Have you seen McKinnie's effort when he has actually seen the fieid?

He's whiffed on more blocks more often than Mark Reynolds whiffed on breaking balls this summer.

Sorry, but I have to disagree here. McKinnie of last year, I would agree. McKinnie of this year, no chance. He's basically already checked out for the season.
    McKinnie hasnt even been given a chance, how can you say any of this?

McKinnie is far and beyond a better option for our O-Line. Everyone would be back in their correct position, they could borderline dominate. KO, Yanda, Oher, McKinnie(regardless of what some people here seem to think, he is still a solid pass blocker).

We dont run the ball to the left side of the line anyway. Not much, at least

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Just like Brady?

Rice > McGahee
    Pitta/Dixon > Heap
    Torrey Smith > Mason
    Tucker > Cundiff

Fuck it...it's not worth it.
    Like Brady? What does that have to do with anything? Drew Beldsoe was a 25+ TD passer with a 2:1 TD, INT ratio, no way in hell would ANY coach remove Bledsoe as their starter in favor of a 6th round draft choice rookie. Irrelevant.

Rice wasnt even brought on until 2009 really. Even then, he didnt trust Ray in goal line situation. Rice would do all of the work, then when we get on the goal line, bring in mcgahee.

Heap was a cap casualty, nothing more nothing less. That is the ONLY reason he walked.

Derrick Mason was a cap casualty and was NOT replaced with Torrey Smith. Torrey Smith didnt even get a chance to start until Lee Evans got hurt. We replaced derrick mason with Lee Evans. Lee Evans gets hurt, Torrey finally got his chance, not because John Harbaugh wanted him in the game.

Tucker was a given, dude. Cundiff was literally a one year wonder. Hes been an all around bad kicker outside of 2010. And thats putting it politely.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus
    Shitcanning your OC mid season. Radically change how your offense operates (ala 2000)
    Give Billick credit, he wasn't afraid to change shit on the fly.
    Yes, I totally agree and I've made this point before. Harbaugh doesn't have the balls that Billick had to make that kind of change midseason.