Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Harbaugh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

John Harbaugh

After reading http://russellstreetreport.com/raven...ust-in-flacco/, I thought of John Harbaugh. We have been calling for Cam's head, but we should put Harbaugh under the microscope.

Yes, I am mindful of his records; however, I think it is the testimony of the talents on the roster (including some great coaches/coordinators) rather than his coaching acumen. Admittedly, I do not have inside source nor do I know what is going on behind the scene. However, I find it troubling that this football team does not trust its best offensive players (be it Flacco or Ray Rice) down the stretch during a trying time. We can point our fingers at Cam Cameron, but the buck stops with the head coach.

I think this season, particularly last Sunday, has clearly been the "lack of execution" on John's part. Does he even hold his coaches accountable as he holds certain players accountable?

Is the lack of imagination or identity on our team a reflection of the leadership at helm, which is John?

Your thoughts?

Re: John Harbaugh

I think John Harbaugh better have one of those defining "Billick" moments of clarity and make some changes fast or this team is going down the shitter fast.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I think John Harbaugh better have one of those defining "Billick" moments of clarity and make some changes fast or this team is going down the shitter fast.
    What is a "Billick" moment?

Blog Entries

I posted this in another thread and I think it bears repeating. Does anyone here for a second believe Harbaugh could have led the Ravens to victory over a Roethlisberger led Steelers team at Heinz field with Tyrod Taylor or Curtis Painter at starting Qb? Especially with a division title at stake? I say no way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I posted this in another thread and I think it bears repeating. Does anyone here for a second believe Harbaugh could have led the Ravens to victory over a Roethlisberger led Steelers team at Heinz field with Tyrod Taylor or Curtis Painter at starting Qb? Especially with a division title at stake? I say no way.
    I don't believe so.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    If Pittsburgh had a below-average defense, with injuries to key players, yes, he could.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    If Pittsburgh had a below-average defense, with injuries to key players, yes, he could.
    I'm talking this year. With the same teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    What is a "Billick" moment?
    Shitcanning your OC mid season. Radically change how your offense operates (ala 2000)

Give Billick credit, he wasn't afraid to change shit on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Wow. Just wow.
    It wasn't Billick's fault that McNair was hung over for the game at Indianapolis.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus
    Shitcanning your OC mid season. Radically change how your offense operates (ala 2000)
    Yes, I totally agree and I've made this point before. Harbaugh doesn't have the balls that Billick had to make that kind of change midseason.

So the successes are all a function of player talent but the failures are all on the coaches?

Pass to the left please and please wipe off the drool ....