Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 100

Thread: John Harbaugh

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,791
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: John Harbaugh



    Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    rlh445,

    I doubt that winning a super bowl will erase the doubts that we have of our head coach. Our head coach has explicitly stated that he needed to participate on the offense team meetings, shouldn't the head coach be doing that when an offense has been struggling.

    anyway...

    I happened to agree with one of the posters that Harbaugh perceivably prefer to start veterans. He would start an unproven player over a veteran seemingly if that veteran is in some sort of "doghouse". Even our owner said that we needed to get more out of our younger players rather than waiting until the end of the players' rookie contracts.

    I appreciated that he has done for our football team. He has stabilized the ship, but sports is a "what have you done for me lately" world. I would be okay with him if he was inherited a mediocre football team, he wasn't (minus the qb position). Additionally, we drafted and picked up talents to fit into our system. As much for his accomplishments, it still hasn't gotten us to the Super Bowl, let alone winning one.

    Like many of us, I am not satisfied with the "more of the same" mentality especially in an evolving league. Let's get over that hump.
    Dont take this the wrong way but if it doesn't your a damn fool. Why is every one bitching and moaning about Harbaugh right now? Because people don't think he can lead us to a Superbowl. You mean to tell me if he actually does go on and win the Superbowl, the ultimate prize in football people will still question whether he can get there. That makes no fucking sense at all. Sorry.




  2. #62

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Dont take this the wrong way but if it doesn't your a damn fool. Why is every one bitching and moaning about Harbaugh right now? Because people don't think he can lead us to a Superbowl. You mean to tell me if he actually does go on and win the Superbowl, the ultimate prize in football people will still question whether he can get there. That makes no fucking sense at all. Sorry.
    LOL. Somebody posted "Rules for being a fan" or some sort of thing a while back. And I remember one was: "If your head coach wins a championship, you cannot criticize him for five years." Losing a championship is a totally different story, but if he wins one, he gets a "get out of jail free" card that is good for 5 years.

    Look at Gruden in TB. He won the championship in 2002, and it took 6 years of fairly mediocre teams before he was let go.




  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,791
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    LOL. Somebody posted "Rules for being a fan" or some sort of thing a while back. And I remember one was: "If your head coach wins a championship, you cannot criticize him for five years." Losing a championship is a totally different story, but if he wins one, he gets a "get out of jail free" card that is good for 5 years.

    Look at Gruden in TB. He won the championship in 2002, and it took 6 years of fairly mediocre teams before he was let go.
    Harbaugh will not be above criticism, I am sure he'll make some decisions that deserve it. All coaches do but to continue to question whether the team can win a Superbowl with him at the helm after he wins one is idiotic.




  4. #64

    Re: John Harbaugh

    I'm not trying to overthink this, but I really believe there's regional mentality for football. Harbaugh (from Ohio, played at Miami of Ohio, disciple of Schembechler,) Cameron (played and coached at Indiana, coached at Michigan,) and Mattison (born in Wisconsin, coached at Michigan,) all have Midwestern football roots. There's an emphasis on toughness, nothing flashy, don't take risks, stick with proven methods rather than innovation. Nothing wrong with that. But then look at successful coordinators like Rex (disciple of Buddy Ryan) and Pagano (Miami) who are extremely aggressive, unpredictable. I think there's definitely different football ideologies.




  5. #65

    Re: John Harbaugh

    I'm missing what the criticism of Harbaugh is here.
    He has been to playoffs every year he has coached. Made it to the championship game a couple of times. Should have been in the SB but lost out on that because of a drop.
    He's not exciting. He doesn't seem to be an offensive or defensive genius. But the man wins.

    Billick in the same organization did great and then not so great, and then great again in his coaching. Very up and down. Harbaugh has brought consistency of results. He is clearly doing something right.
    And I know it's against custom around here, but I certainly don't feel the Ravens are clearly a more talented team that SHOULD go to the SB this year. In fact, I thought the Ravens did not have much of a chance to win the SB this year. I had this seen as a step back year. Yet, again the Ravens are at the top of the division.




  6. Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Yeah, who cares about what has been done? Here is what I know:
    2008 - Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl Champions
    2009 - New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Champions
    2010 - Green Bay Packers Super Bowl Champions
    2011 - New York Giants Super Bowl Champions
    2012 - NOT THE BALTIMORE RAVENS

    If you think this Keystone Cops Coaching staff has the brains to win it all you are mistaken. Taking a knee with 32 seconds at the half, running Ray Rice 12 times and forgetting he exists in the 4th quarter, and losing to Charlie Fucking Batch IS NOT A TEAM that will win a Super Bowl.

    Lee Evans drop is as close as John Harbaugh will ever come to a Super Bowl.

    Your frustration is understandable but the logic is flawed.

    Last year's Giants lost twice to the Rex Grossman led Redskins and an Eagles team with Vince Young at QB.

    10 Packers lost a McNabb led Skins, Henne led Dolphins & Stanton led Lions

    09 Saints lost to a 2-12 Bucs team after losing to a 8-5 Cowboys to end an undefeated campaign

    07 Giants lost to Tavaris Jackson led Vikings 41-17 and Todd Collins led Redskins

    06 Colts lost to 4-6 Titans led by Vince Young and 44-17 to Garrard led Jags

    05 Steelers lost to 2-7 Ravens led by Boller

    It's almost a prerequisite that the eventual Super Bowl winner has at least 1 bad/embarrassing loss on their way to righting things. I'm not saying that the Ravens will win the Superbowl this year but every coach in the league is a safe bet not to win it. Insert any coach's name in front of won't win it this year and you'll likely be right.




  7. #67
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Thyrl View Post
    Your frustration is understandable but the logic is flawed.

    Last year's Giants lost twice to the Rex Grossman led Redskins and an Eagles team with Vince Young at QB.

    10 Packers lost a McNabb led Skins, Henne led Dolphins & Stanton led Lions

    09 Saints lost to a 2-12 Bucs team after losing to a 8-5 Cowboys to end an undefeated campaign

    07 Giants lost to Tavaris Jackson led Vikings 41-17 and Todd Collins led Redskins

    06 Colts lost to 4-6 Titans led by Vince Young and 44-17 to Garrard led Jags

    05 Steelers lost to 2-7 Ravens led by Boller

    It's almost a prerequisite that the eventual Super Bowl winner has at least 1 bad/embarrassing loss on their way to righting things. I'm not saying that the Ravens will win the Superbowl this year but every coach in the league is a safe bet not to win it. Insert any coach's name in front of won't win it this year and you'll likely be right.
    those teams has
    ELI
    BREES
    ELI
    PEYTON
    BEN

    we have joe flukko




  8. #68

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    those teams has
    ELI
    BREES
    ELI
    PEYTON
    BEN

    we have joe flukko
    Wait...I thought it was the coaches' fault?




  9. #69
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Wait...I thought it was the coaches' fault?
    speak english

    p.s. all those coaches are better than harbage




  10. #70

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Harbage is a fuking joke...in the off season he was saying how he would take a bigger role in the offensive game planning...now cam has been shitting the bed again this year and nothing changes - how does rice only get 12 carries and none in the 4th?????????? Harbage should of grabbed cams ear in the middle of the 4th quarter and told him to run the damn ball, but he didnt he doesnt have any balls.
    i honestly dont know what Harbage does all week, he is pretty hands off with the O and the D its pissing me off
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    those teams has
    ELI
    BREES
    ELI
    PEYTON
    BEN

    we have joe flukko
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    speak english

    p.s. all those coaches are better than harbage
    Soooo...you basically think the problem is Harbaugh/Cameron/Flacco. Everybody goes? What about Newsome?




  11. #71

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Thyrl View Post
    It's almost a prerequisite that the eventual Super Bowl winner has at least 1 bad/embarrassing loss on their way to righting things. I'm not saying that the Ravens will win the Superbowl this year but every coach in the league is a safe bet not to win it. Insert any coach's name in front of won't win it this year and you'll likely be right.
    Name two consecutive games this season where the team looked like a Super Bowl contender.




  12. #72
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: John Harbaugh

    [QUOTE=JohnBKistler;529290]Soooo...you basically think the problem is Harbaugh/Cameron/Flacco. Everybody goes? What about Newsome?[/QUOTE

    youre absolutely right i agree with you..the problem is combination of harbage/cam/joe...cam can go, harbage hopefully realizes some shit and grows some balls and fires cam...oz is staying not sure why u wuld fire him???




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland