Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Minus Oakland--6 Offensive Td's in Last 5 Games...

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    They used it several times Sunday, with little success.
    I think that is because of the predictability of what's going to happen when we use it.

Yeah I know players have to execute, but the defense gets paid too. Why not go unbalanced and do a play action bootleg or something?

This isn't 1960 we can't just line up go nose to nose and hope to get consistent results. (BTW - no directed at you Ravor, I know you were just pointing something out)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    How did that offense look when it played the Steelers?
    Two words.

Dick. Lebeau.

Offense is predictable. Torrey deep, Quan across the middle, keep Pitta and Rice in to max protect, chuck it deep for a PI call.

Maybe I'm romanticizing it a bit in my mind, but it seems like Cam was more creative when Flacco was a rookie.

IMO, the solution is easy.

Give the ball to one of the best players in the NFL! Rice needs the ball EVERY first and second down to make 3rd down short and mangeable.

THEN you get Flacco and the supporting cast involved and send Torrey deep.

Of note, This offense was much better when Torrey was running something other than a 9 route EVERY PLAY. Remember the preseason and first 6 weeks of the season? Torey was sticking his foot in the ground, and coming back for the ball making corners look like fools. The Ravens need to get back to that.
    Last edited by bensmotorcyclehelmt; 12-04-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    They did actually use it several times Sunday - unfortunately, with little success.
    I haven't rewatched the game yet, but I do believe they used 1 play action pass with that formation in the 1st half and it was a success. But your broader point, that every time McKinnie comes in they generally don't execute, is true.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Of note, This offense was much better when Torrey was running something other than a 9 route EVERY PLAY. Remember the preseason and first 6 weeks of the season? Torey was sticking his foot in the ground, and coming back for the ball making corners look like fools. The Ravens need to get back to that.
    How about the routes across the field against San Deigo where he than ran for big gains afterwards..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Offense is predictable. Torrey deep, Quan across the middle, keep Pitta and Rice in to max protect, chuck it deep for a PI call.

Maybe I'm romanticizing it a bit in my mind, but it seems like Cam was more creative when Flacco was a rookie.

IMO, the solution is easy.

Give the ball to one of the best players in the NFL! Rice needs the ball EVERY first and second down to make 3rd down short and mangeable.

THEN you get Flacco and the supporting cast involved and send Torrey deep.

I think you would not necessarily be wrong for thinking that there was more creativity when Flacco was a rookie. I think that was because they had to get creative.

Also, their OL his rookie year was pretty damn good. Their defense was also still a top tiered D.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Two words.

Dick. Lebeau.
    It does seem as though he nearly owns Cam Cameron. Cam's got 1 blowout under the belt, but other than that Dick's got his number.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    How many if you "minus" the game @ PIT instead of OAK?

"The numbers don't lie," indeed.

Are they going to see defenses like Pittsburgh down the stretch or defenses like Oakland's?
    WHich offensive showing is more relevant???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    How about the routes across the field against San Deigo where he than ran for big gains afterwards..
    What...two or three times in an entire season? And they actually worked?!

If it works...it gets thrown out. ;)

In all seriousness, this is what frustrates me the most.

The no huddle worked...so they stopped.
    Crossing patterns to Torrey worked...so they stopped.
    Boldin working the middle of the field works...so they hardly use it.
    Jacoby may be the best player on the team in open space...so they hardly run him in open spaces.
    The offense works well with 3 WR sets...so they run a traditional WR, WR, FB, TE, RB set.

The whole thing is just kind of crazy.

If I'm Harbaugh, I don't care if my D gets tired. I'm asking my offense to go out there and score points. Period. Score points. Score quickly. Take your time. I don't care. Score. Score. Score.

The D is hurting this year and can't stop much of anyone.

The best remedy for that is to get opponents playing from behind quickly and trying to play catch up. THAT will tire them out and it will force them to throw the ball more, which gives the D the best opportunity to capitalize on bad throws and/or possibly get off the field quicker as a result of them throwing the ball.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    It does seem as though he nearly owns Cam Cameron. Cam's got 1 blowout and 3 4th quarter or overtime game winning drives under the belt, but other than that Dick's got his number.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think you would not necessarily be wrong for thinking that there was more creativity when Flacco was a rookie. I think that was because they had to get creative.

Also, their OL his rookie year was pretty damn good. Their defense was also still a top tiered D.
    I'd like to see a few game plans from '08 revisited...

I was thinking it was the Oline too, but this offense looked much better to start the season and its pretty much the same people. So that tells me it's Joe or Cam's offense that's entirely too predicatable. When I can predict the play, you know great d coordinators like Lebeau can.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What...two or three times in an entire season? And they actually worked?!

If it works...it gets thrown out. ;)

In all seriousness, this is what frustrates me the most.

The no huddle worked...so they stopped.
    Crossing patterns to Torrey worked...so they stopped.
    Boldin working the middle of the field works...so they hardly use it.
    Jacoby may be the best player on the team in open space...so they hardly run him in open spaces.
    The offense works well with 3 WR sets...so they run a traditional WR, WR, FB, TE, RB set.

The whole thing is just kind of crazy.

If I'm Harbaugh, I don't care if my D gets tired. I'm asking my offense to go out there and score points. Period. Score points. Score quickly. Take your time. I don't care. Score. Score. Score.

The D is hurting this year and can't stop much of anyone.

The best remedy for that is to get opponents playing from behind quickly and trying to play catch up. THAT will tire them out and it will force them to throw the ball more, which gives the D the best opportunity to capitalize on bad throws and/or possibly get off the field quicker as a result of them throwing the ball.
    The whole post:

:word