Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Minus Oakland--6 Offensive Td's in Last 5 Games...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Fixed.
    I don't really give coordinators credit for those. To each his own, but for me at the end of games, players win the games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What...two or three times in an entire season? And they actually worked?!

If it works...it gets thrown out. ;)

In all seriousness, this is what frustrates me the most.

The no huddle worked...so they stopped.
    Crossing patterns to Torrey worked...so they stopped.
    Boldin working the middle of the field works...so they hardly use it.
    Jacoby may be the best player on the team in open space...so they hardly run him in open spaces.
    The offense works well with 3 WR sets...so they run a traditional WR, WR, FB, TE, RB set.

The whole thing is just kind of crazy.

If I'm Harbaugh, I don't care if my D gets tired. I'm asking my offense to go out there and score points. Period. Score points. Score quickly. Take your time. I don't care. Score. Score. Score.

The D is hurting this year and can't stop much of anyone.

The best remedy for that is to get opponents playing from behind quickly and trying to play catch up. THAT will tire them out and it will force them to throw the ball more, which gives the D the best opportunity to capitalize on bad throws and/or possibly get off the field quicker as a result of them throwing the ball.
    I don't watch the post game press conferences with Harbaugh. Does anyone ever ask him why they stop those things? I'd be curious to hear his answers. The no-huddle would be the most interesting because it was the thing they talked about so much in the preseason. They've completely thrown it out and I've never heard why. It seemed to be working a lot better than what they have now.

It's like Cam is saving plays/sets for a rainy day, but that day never comes...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    It's like Cam is saving plays/sets for a rainy day, but that day never comes...
    That would explain mine and Wicked's frustration. But like you sad, that day never comes.

The ONLY time I remember seeing that day was after the first 3 or 4 drives in the Championship game against New England. Not all but the majority of the way that game was called (after the first 3 or 4 series) was called pretty well.

That's a disturbing stat. The Air coryell offense is not working with the personnel we have. We need to get our guys in motion. One thing I read in a sports illustrated story on Torrey Smith is that the Ravens receivers are often ask to "bend/round" out their routes instead of "stepping" out of their routes. I thought that comment by Torrey was quite telling because he explained the difficulty in doing that. To me that's asking Joe to be perfect on those throws. Personally I don't see how that philosophy gives our receivers an edge in separation and when you combine that trend with our inconsistent OL line play and Cam's playcalling it yields the current results we see.
    I think it's time to get back to smash mouth football and run the ball with Ray Rice and Pierce and start attacking the middle of the field with 10-15 yard routes.

If I'm Harbaugh, I don't care if my D gets tired. I'm asking my offense to go out there and score points. Period. Score points. Score quickly. Take your time. I don't care. Score. Score. Score.

The D is hurting this year and can't stop much of anyone.

The best remedy for that is to get opponents playing from behind quickly and trying to play catch up. THAT will tire them out and it will force them to throw the ball more, which gives the D the best opportunity to capitalize on bad throws and/or possibly get off the field quicker as a result of them throwing the ball.
    That is exactly what I thought they would do in San Diego. Instead, Harbaugh said he wanted a "AFC North" style of game. Yeah, it worked, barely, but not until the Ravens had to go with the "score, score, score" offense at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't watch the post game press conferences with Harbaugh. Does anyone ever ask him why they stop those things? I'd be curious to hear his answers. The no-huddle would be the most interesting because it was the thing they talked about so much in the preseason. They've completely thrown it out and I've never heard why. It seemed to be working a lot better than what they have now.
    Well, the question never gets asked, or if it does get asked, Harbaugh is going to give a very vague answer. I wonder if the question has been asked off-the-record and if any answer was given. I suspect that it has been asked, but again, the answer was probably vague.

I think the real reason, and the reason you'll never get a straight answer, is that Harbaugh and/or Cameron still do not trust Flacco to completely run the no-huddle, spread offense. And they may have very valid reasons not to....I myself am not convinced that Flacco has the field vision and quick decision-making it requires.

The good news? I can't see any of the next 4 opponents putting up anything less than 20 points on the Ravens defense. They will HAVE to let the reigns loose to win these games. Flacco has a great opportunity to go up against some of the best QBs in the league and show what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Are they going to see defenses like Pittsburgh down the stretch or defenses like Oakland's?
    WHich offensive showing is more relevant???
    They're all relevant. And none of them is relevant.

Different weeks, different defenses, different game plans. The Ravens game plan against PIT was very conservative both times. The second time that game plan bit them in the ass when PIT scored some late points that our offense couldn't scramble to cover.

That doesn't tell me the team is incapable of putting up more points, it just tells me that in the 2d PIT game we didn't win. Poor scheme, poor execution, probably both, but I do not conclude that the Ravens are incapable of putting up points in the future. Obviously they *can*, they just *didn't*.

You can't say "If I mangle the numbers in this way, I get this result," and then in the next breath say "The numbers don't lie," and expect nobody to point out the inconsistency.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    They're all relevant. And none of them is relevant.

Different weeks, different defenses, different game plans. The Ravens game plan against PIT was very conservative both times. The second time that game plan bit them in the ass when PIT scored some late points that our offense couldn't scramble to cover.

That doesn't tell me the team is incapable of putting up more points, it just tells me that in the 2d PIT game we didn't win. Poor scheme, poor execution, probably both, but I do not conclude that the Ravens are incapable of putting up points in the future. Obviously they *can*, they just *didn't*.

You can't say "If I mangle the numbers in this way, I get this result," and then in the next breath say "The numbers don't lie," and expect nobody to point out the inconsistency.
    Okay. Excluding the game against the team that is last in the NFL in points against, the Ravens have scored 6 Offensive Td's in their last 5 games.

Here's another: In 6 road games, they have scored 6 offensive touchdowns.

Cam Cameron is INCOMPETENT - and the sooner Biscotti realizes it the sooner he will begin to get to where he wants to go - the Superbowl.

The wheels are going to come off theRavens cart the next four games - and there is nothing the team can do about it - absolutely NOTHING - because Cam doesn't change - he's still waiting for the play execution to improve.

Blog Entries

What...two or three times in an entire season? And they actually worked?!

If it works...it gets thrown out. ;)

In all seriousness, this is what frustrates me the most.

The no huddle worked...so they stopped.
    Crossing patterns to Torrey worked...so they stopped.
    Boldin working the middle of the field works...so they hardly use it.
    Jacoby may be the best player on the team in open space...so they hardly run him in open spaces.
    The offense works well with 3 WR sets...so they run a traditional WR, WR, FB, TE, RB set.

The whole thing is just kind of crazy.
    It's like Cavanaugh has Cameron under his spell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Cam Cameron is INCOMPETENT - and the sooner Biscotti realizes it the sooner he will begin to get to where he wants to go - the Superbowl.

The wheels are going to come off theRavens cart the next four games - and there is nothing the team can do about it - absolutely NOTHING - because Cam doesn't change - he's still waiting for the play execution to improve.
    Ding. The Steelers game was the last straw for me. Cameron and his Ihop menu need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Okay. Excluding the game against the team that is last in the NFL in points against, the Ravens have scored 6 Offensive Td's in their last 5 games.

Here's another: In 6 road games, they have scored 6 offensive touchdowns.
    I'm not saying everything looks fine. After every week there is film study at the facility because there are things to learn from last week's game, win lose or draw. Sunday's game was particularly bad, in every phase of the game, so there is *ahem* a lot to learn.

Here are stats: 5 years, 5 winning seasons. 4 full years, 4 postseasons, with at least one victory in each, including one on the road in each.

I'm not saying you're wrong to be concerned after the debacle we saw late Sunday afternoon. I'm just saying numbers *do* lie, particularly when you dice them up as you've done.

People around here - and everywhere, really, but here is no exception - want black and white in a world of gray.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.