Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Minus Oakland--6 Offensive Td's in Last 5 Games...

The numbers don't lie. Whatever mojo the offense had early in the year has evaporated during this middle third of the season. Big plays in the passing game have dried up, and the offensive efficiency has been terrible. Ravens are now 22nd in 3rd down conversion % and 28th in penalties.

So here is the question--

Do we want to see the no huddle again which was at least putting up lots of points early in the season?

Do we want them to double down on the 2008 & 2010 style offense and just run the **** out of the ball with power I, unbalanced lines, etc?

Blog Entries

Re: Minus Oakland--6 Offensive Td's in Last 5 Games...

IMO, they should commit to the no huddle offense and let Flacco do his thing. It doesn't make any sense to run a no huddle almost the whole game then not run it at all in another game. Also, running a no huddle doesn't mean Rice shouldn't get the ball. Rice is great running out of the shotgun formation. Plus, Rice should be getting a heavy dose of designed screens and short passes.

Blog Entries

There is a photo of the Raven's unbalanced line in a museum somewhere.

Blog Entries

You guys are making too much sense.

However, with the news about Suggs, I wouldn't expect to see it this week as they don't want the D on the field with their biggest edge setter most likely on the sideline RGlll will have filed day.

Realistically, we should be 6-6. KC, Dallas and San Diego all should have been L's with the way the team has played. This team gets to 10-6 out of sheer luck.

Blog Entries

I was impressed how creative Kyle Shanahan was in their offense last night; constantly mixing it up. Kyle freakin Shanahan!

I know he has RGIII but still. Ravens should be able to mix things up; play up tempo in the first half then go to ground and pound. Do something to keep the D off balance

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I was impressed how creative Kyle Shanahan was in their offense last night; constantly mixing it up. Kyle freakin Shanahan!

I know he has RGIII but still. Ravens should be able to mix things up; play up tempo in the first half then go to ground and pound. Do something to keep the D off balance
    It's frustrating. We've all seen how dynamic the Ravens' offense can be, and we've all seen how bad the offense can be. We really need a coordinator that can adjust if things aren't working as expected.

After watching the Redskins offense last night and comparing it to ours lately, I felt like that guy on the Browns video "it's like they're playing a different sport" than we are. No, I don't expect Flacco to run the option but it'd be nice to see a few designed plays where he rolls out of the pocket. Is that too much to ask?

With Garcon back, that Offense is deadly. They literally run versions of the same 3 plays all game, but RGIII is such a threat, that the deception will kill you. So tough for an LB to determine if it's the stretch, the keeper or pass. They just wear you out.

As for the Ravens, I vote for ground and pound. Pierce has shown he is legit and Ray Rice is Ray Rice. That's the strength of the team. Use it. Alot.

How many if you "minus" the game @ PIT instead of OAK?

"The numbers don't lie," indeed.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    There is a photo of the Raven's unbalanced line in a museum somewhere.
    They did actually use it several times Sunday - unfortunately, with little success.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

How did that offense look when it played the Steelers?