Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63

Thread: Deadskins

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    2,158

    Re: Deadskins



    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I am not going to discount their offense. I think it is very effective given the way that RG3 executes it. I will say that it will get him killed eventually; he is taking way too many hits.
    Nah, I give the Shanahan's credit, I wish we had a real OC that was half as creative as either of them.




  2. #47

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Come on man, the Deadskins are not "a good team"--they have a rookie QB who is having "a good season" behind the a gimmick offense that will be thoroughly dissected by defensive coordinators across the league this off season and will lose its effectiveness long-term. Same thing with Cam Newton last year, granted RGIII is more athletic, accurate and smarter than Newton. Ironically, they lost to Cam Newton's Panthers a few weeks ago, so I like our chances.
    Okay. My bad. I didn't realize there was one poster giving very little credit to the skins. 6-6 is average but for most people 9-3 is terrible. I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances for two reason. Our recent lack of offense and our road struggles.




  3. #48

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Nah, I give the Shanahan's credit, I wish we had a real OC that was half as creative as either of them.
    Yes, because that creative redskins offense looked so great against the Steelers right?




  4. #49

    Re: Deadskins

    It doesn't matter if we have better personnel - we DON'T know how to utilize the talent we got. Just look at the games we've played this year (except for 3 or 4 good offensive performances)


    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Redskins don't have better personnel. It's not even close.




  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,739

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Yes, because that creative redskins offense looked so great against the Steelers right?
    You pick one game against the leagues top defense and leagues best d coordinator as your evidence that the Skins don't call a good game? C'mon Man!!!
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    2,158

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Yes, because that creative redskins offense looked so great against the Steelers right?
    Did you watch that game? Their receivers dropped at least 15 passes. RGIII's throws were on the money, Santana Moss, Logan Paulsen, and Leonard Hankerson made our receivers look like they have Jerry Rice's hands. They also shut down their running game.




  7. #52

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Did you watch that game? Their receivers dropped at least 15 passes. RGIII's throws were on the money, Santana Moss, Logan Paulsen, and Leonard Hankerson made our receivers look like they have Jerry Rice's hands. They also shut down their running game.
    The point stands. Folks here are acting like the sky is falling and crapping on the OC for what the offense did against the steelers D while giving a pass and praising these guys that did even worse against them. Just as you can make excuses for their players not executing, the same can be said about ours that day.




  8. #53

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You pick one game against the leagues top defense and leagues best d coordinator as your evidence that the Skins don't call a good game? C'mon Man!!!
    No, the point is folks here are using Sundays game as an indictment against Cam while praising the skins when they couldn't do any better against the Steelers. That is more a compliment to how good the Steelers are and how there's hope for this Sunday than anything else...




  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,739

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    No, the point is folks here are using Sundays game as an indictment against Cam while praising the skins when they couldn't do any better against the Steelers. That is more a compliment to how good the Steelers are and how there's hope for this Sunday than anything else...
    Not surprisingly, I disagree. The Ravens approach each week the same, take as few risk as possible and hope the other team makes mistakes.

    It's barely gotten us by. So Sunday's Sunday's game is not an indictment of Cam, it's just our approach (cam/Harbaugh's) caught up with us.

    Meanwhile, the Skins call a similar game each week (try to score, score, score) sometimes it's successful sometimes it's not e.g. The Steelers.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #55

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    That is more a compliment to how good the Steelers are and how there's hope for this Sunday than anything else...
    No!!! No!!! No!!! The Steelers had Charlie Batch. So the Ravens should have shredded the Steelers D for 380 yards and 38 points.

    /sacrasm off

    I am not in any way excusing the Ravens offense - they had one of their worst showings on Sunday. They will need to do better against some weaker defenses.




  11. #56

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not surprisingly, I disagree. The Ravens approach each week the same, take as few risk as possible and hope the other team makes mistakes.

    It's barely gotten us by. So Sunday's Sunday's game is not an indictment of Cam, it's just our approach (cam/Harbaugh's) caught up with us.

    Meanwhile, the Skins call a similar game each week (try to score, score, score) sometimes it's successful sometimes it's not e.g. The Steelers.
    All the passing plays and the deep balls werent risky to you? Aren't people upset at Cam for not using rice enough, shouldn't that be less risky? We'll just agree to disagree here.




  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,739

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    All the passing plays and the deep balls werent risky to you? Aren't people upset at Cam for not using rice enough, shouldn't that be less risky? We'll just agree to disagree here.
    Where is the risk in running 40 yards down the filed with 1 on 1 coverage and chucking it up there?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  13. #58

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Where is the risk in running 40 yards down the filed with 1 on 1 coverage and chucking it up there?
    Same as with other long passing plays or the roll out across body throws: It gets picked off or in the development of the play you get a sack fumble...both of those happened Sunday. That was one of the things the TV commentators was mentioning was how the ravens learned from the first Steeler game and were adjustong, trying to go for big plays even mentioning that Cam was coaching the D in practice to act like polamalu.




  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    2,158

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    All the passing plays and the deep balls werent risky to you? Aren't people upset at Cam for not using rice enough, shouldn't that be less risky? We'll just agree to disagree here.
    Throwing the football 40-50 yards down field = if it's intercepted, it's basically a punt. Plus, most of the time those are down the sideline where it'll have a good chance of landing out of bounds. We rarely throw the football deep over the middle or anywhere else over the middle for that matter. This is a low-risk offense.




  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,739

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Throwing the football 40-50 yards down field = if it's intercepted, it's basically a punt. Plus, most of the time those are down the sideline where it'll have a good chance of landing out of bounds. We rarely throw the football deep over the middle or anywhere else over the middle for that matter. This is a low-risk offense.
    Exactly. Running 1 on 1 down the sideline for 40 yds is a low risk in terms of avoiding a turnover. If you run 10 cut in front of the safety and behind the Linebacker - that's risky. And who knows it could be successful when your hardly or ever (if ever) do it.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland