Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries

Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

Kevin Gilbride was the QB's coach for 2 or 3 seasons before taking over in 2007...the year that they won the SB. Before that it was John Hufnagel, who did "ok" with Eli, but Eli didn't start reaching his potential until Gilbride took over the offense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    (Cam isn't conservative. He's vanilla)
    No, vanilla is actually a flavor. Cam is unflavored gelatin.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Good lord, you guys must have huge dentist bills as much as you gnash your teeth. Look, Cam is going to be gone this offseason. He hung on because they didn't want to make a change during the lockout and then last year they were a dropped pass away from the SB, and he got a reprieve. Harbaugh is NOT going to throw him under the bus publicly to satisfy you all, nor is he going to fire him during the season. Nor should he, on either count. Yeah, I know, 2006. One time it worked. Doesn't mean it would work here and now.

I'm not saying Harbaugh is perfect, because he's not. None of them are. Billick wasn't, Ozzie isn't. But he's a good coach. They're running the worst defense we've had since '02 or '98 out there every week, Cam is a problem, and yet they're still 9-3. Christ, you'd think we were rooting for a team in Ohio or something.

It's going to have to happen before I believe it. There have been a few in the media who have been asked if Cam would be fired after this season. Their response, "not unless the Ravens lose out". Now normally I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what media heads are saying. The difference here is we have the media reporting this AND we have history supporting this. If he hasn't been fired before what makes people think they'll suddenly see the light and fire him now?

The answer is they won't. Bisciotti doesn't have the tamper-with mentality that Angelos has. If Ozzie hasn't changed his opinion on Cam over the last 4 years then his opinion won't be changed. Harbaugh is loyal to a fault and won't get rid of him.

The only way I see him being fired is if the organization is publicly embarassed by losing 4 in a row, blowing the division lead and/or losing in the first round of the playoffs.

It's kinda sad. I certainly don't want to root for the Ravens to lose just to get rid of Cam but on the flip side I definitely don't want to keep Cam either. That's a huge dilemma that a lot of fans are facing right now. It's a catch-22 situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    It's going to have to happen before I believe it. There have been a few in the media who have been asked if Cam would be fired after this season. Their response, "not unless the Ravens lose out". Now normally I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what media heads are saying. The difference here is we have the media reporting this AND we have history supporting this. If he hasn't been fired before what makes people think they'll suddenly see the light and fire him now?

The answer is they won't. Bisciotti doesn't have the tamper-with mentality that Angelos has. If Ozzie hasn't changed his opinion on Cam over the last 4 years then his opinion won't be changed. Harbaugh is loyal to a fault and won't get rid of him.

The only way I see him being fired is if the organization is publicly embarassed by losing 4 in a row, blowing the division lead and/or losing in the first round of the playoffs.

It's kinda sad. I certainly don't want to root for the Ravens to lose just to get rid of Cam but on the flip side I definitely don't want to keep Cam either. That's a huge dilemma that a lot of fans are facing right now. It's a catch-22 situation.
    First, no GM or HC is going to tell anyone in the media that they're going to fire an assistant at the end of the season. C'mon. As far as whether he is fired or not, I think he has to be. Too much water under the bridge between player and the fanbase. If they retain him, there might be a mutiny in the locker room and the stands. And the proof is on the field. The offense isn't clicking, and they're not going to get rid of Joe, RR, Torrey, etc. So Cam will go.

As for your final point, I say that any "fan" that roots for their team to lose just so a coach can be fired (or a player would be released, etc) isn't much of a fan in the first place.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    First, no GM or HC is going to tell anyone in the media that they're going to fire an assistant at the end of the season. C'mon. As far as whether he is fired or not, I think he has to be. Too much water under the bridge between player and the fanbase. If they retain him, there might be a mutiny in the locker room and the stands. And the proof is on the field. The offense isn't clicking, and they're not going to get rid of Joe, RR, Torrey, etc. So Cam will go.

As for your final point, I say that any "fan" that roots for their team to lose just so a coach can be fired (or a player would be released, etc) isn't much of a fan in the first place.

You're taking a lot of things I posted out of context.

Where did I say that a GM or HC would tell the media before firing a coach? I said was normally I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what the media says. The main reason I think he won't be fired is past history. That tells you everything you need to know. Cam has been the same for 5 years here and many more years with other teams. If the front office hasn't had their opinion changed by now then it will take something drastic to sway it.

Also please tell me where I said I was rooting against my team? I said it's a sad, no-win situation. I don't want to root for them to lose. However, if they don't then more then likely Cam will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    You're taking a lot of things I posted out of context.

Where did I say that a GM or HC would tell the media before firing a coach? I said was normally I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what the media says. The main reason I think he won't be fired is past history. That tells you everything you need to know. Cam has been the same for 5 years here and many more years with other teams. If the front office hasn't had their opinion changed by now then it will take something drastic to sway it.

Also please tell me where I said I was rooting against my team? I said it's a sad, no-win situation. I don't want to root for them to lose. However, if they don't then more then likely Cam will be back.
    I think I misunderstood your first point. I took it was you saying the media asked Ravens officials if he would be fired and were told no, so you didn't think he would be. After re-reading it, I see that you're going off media speculation. Either way, I think he's gone, but the Ravens aren't going to publicly embarass him by even speculating on it. They're going to back him publicly right up until the time that he seperates from the organization.

As to your last point, I didn't say that you specifically were. You said it was a catch-22 and it was a huge dilemma for a lot of fans. I disagree. It's not a that at all. You root for your team no matter what. Anyone who doesn't isn't much of a fan, IMO. Whether you put yourself in that category or not is up to you.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...